CW retarded once again

comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/legends_of_tomorrow/legends-of-tomorrows-new-muslim-superhero-is-a-response-to-donald-trump-and-current-us-politics-a153024

>Create a character
>Call her The Mighty Isis
>Make her a muslim
>ANCIENT EGYPT

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-18503550
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(DC_Comics)
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Adrianna_Tomaz_(New_Earth)
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Isis_Vol_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah that's why it's retarded, not because it's a response to trump

WE

a response to trump's politics is at least logical
the rest is not

also DC
>have a lucifer and presence
>have zeus, diana and ares in the same universe
DC is one big flashpoint

You are aware Isis is the Greek (and most popular in the anglosphere) name for the quintessential Egyptian goddess Aset, daughter of Geb and Nut, the Earth and the Sky and mother of Horus? That it existed before ISIS? And that ISIS isn't called ISIS in Arabic, but Daesh?

On the other hand making her a muslim is beyond retarded and this topical approach to politics in kiddie books needs to stop.

>a response to trump's politics is at least logical

For a fucking superhero show? Kill yourself, idiot.

>>Create a character

The character has existed for several decades and even had their own TV show that spun out of the Captain Marvel show.

nothing wrong with this

>Create a character

I heard Captain America is a Nazi now too. Maybe next they'll have Superman slaughter retirees at nursing homes with a truck at Christmas and have Mickey Mouse kidnap and rape peoples mothers in accordance with Sharia law.

>Phil Klemmer
Why are these Jews pandering to Islam, a religion who openly speaks about killing Jews lol.

Jews are a virus, there is no "why".

>what is cultural and popcultural reaction to the current politics

Take a look at the Israeli flag. On that flag is a 6 pointed star. The six pointed star was never a Jewish symbol, but rather an ancient Egyptian symbol that Israel adopted, the Talisman of Saturn, which is associated with the worship of Saturn.

The name "Israel is made up pf the names of 3 gods (IS-RA-EL). IS is short for ISIS, the ancient Egyptian goddess of creation and daughter of Saturn. RA is the ancient Egyptian sun god, also known as Horus. EL is Saturn, the god of Israel.

Saturn worship is also known as Satan worship.

I'll remember this one the next time one of you libcucks scream about Sup Forums on here,

Yeah I'm pretty sure OP's complaints are about an egyptian character with a name from egyptian religion and from a time before islam existed being a muslim

Ironically a muslim naming themselves after a goddess from a pantheistic religion is going to be extremely offensive to actual muslims.

>The name "Israel is made up pf the names of 3 gods (IS-RA-EL)
''The patriarch Jacob was given the name Israel (Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל, Standard Yisraʾel Tiberian Yiśrāʾēl; "Triumphant with God", "who prevails with God") after he wrestled with an "angel" (Genesis 32:28 and 35:10).''

-Goddess of Magic
-They will literally execute you if they catch you practicing magic in Saudi Arabia and many other Muslim countries.

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-18503550

i'm so sick of sjw shit ruining everything

Yeah, for a moment there I thought it was about naming her Isis, as in, not for the Egyptian goddess, but ISIL. That would have been way too funny however.

What is her costume going to look like? Surely a good muslim woman can't go around with naked shoulders and her hair in the air, superheroine or not.

is that new league of legends character

In what way? They always say shit like that. "In the current political climate it's important that..." Always when some conservatist wins.
Being butthurt that your party or your candidate lost is not a logical reason.

Isis isn't new. She's like Captain Marvel/Shazam. Her human side can be muslim, that's not a problem.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(DC_Comics)

Fuck, I love Isis. I'm going to have to watch that shit show now. I did the same when they had Ragman in Arrow. I LOVE Ragman.

she is new to the CW tv show
she is being reintroduced in THIS sociopolitical reality

you expect the capeshit-watching proles to know that shit?

introducing a muslim character named Isis in your show sounds like a backlash waiting to happen, regardless if the character existed before the infamous terror organization.
Also why would a god believe in anything but itself?

>You might have heard there was this election. Not to get political, but something that we all gravitated toward in the writers room was making this character Muslim...It’s not just politicians — a lot of the heroes of real life are letting us down. We’re being let down as a society."
You are being let down by enforcing a religion, that if it was practiced by the majority, would prevent you from even telling these stories?

Damn that's progressive!

Yea. But it's a cute outfit though.

> Isis is also known as goddess of children........ tell me about Anni-me.....

The character wasn't even Muslim in the comics.

This is very retarded.

>isis isn't called isis in arabic
great but CW is in english so this show is gonna sway the opinion of the word ISIS very easily among it's target demo.

>new

>Yea.

That's an old skin for Nidalee who came out like seven years ago.

>character gets her powers from ancient Egyptian magic goddess
>lmao make her a muslim
>her name is Isis btw

This is so stupid it has to be on purpose.

He's right though. We have to do something about this liar-in-chief who can't even get a wall built.

SJWs will defend this and in the same breath will complain about the Death Wish remake for being "problematic"

DC really can't die soon enough

>I don't like something
>Thus I react to/against it
is it so hard to fathom?

>complain about the Death Wish remake for being "problematic"

I doubt it, Bruce kills whites in the tralier.

Her name has been changed to "Zari" in the show.

Sup Forums wins again

>Zari
anagram
>IZRA
xD

>I doubt it
you really shouldn't

It's been announced months ago. It's just not mentioned because Implying they'll name a muslim "Isis" is easy clickbait.

She's also going to a lesbian, apparently.

Yeah, Muslims really give a shit about integrating and being a part of the disgusting cesspool that is western civilization. No, it's going to go down to Islam just like everything else. It really hasn't been that long at all, Islam has already taken over a sixth of the world's population. It will continue to spread, period. It will win.

>create a muslim character
>call her mighty ISIS

I keked. 10/10 trolling by whoever came up with this.

Riz Ahmed wins again

Fucking Americans.

>Aset
that's not the right pronunciation. originally it was Uset, then Use, later Ese/Esi.

>americans are too dumb to look at a world map
gee colour me surprised!

>sway the opinion of the word ISIS

You know that doesn't fucking matter if the context isn't ISIS as a group but ISIS as a mythological/superhero pop culture figure? Isis as a word existed a lot longer before you preschoolers came to associate it with a flavor of the year muzzie extremist organization. ISIS is more correctly called ISIL (as in Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) or IS in English anyways, it's just that the bombastic news sources didn't find that quite as catchy. I know you think it's really clever that you're thinking of a tactic of subliminal penetration, but it's retarded regardless.

I knew ''Aay-set'' was a later pronunciation, probably one more familiar with the Greeks on every day basis, but I've never heard of Uset pronunciation, neither Use nor Ese. Regional dialects or a newer reconstruction?

Use(t) (the feminine T ending was lost early on) is the probable Egyptological reconstruction based on Coptic Ese. "Aset" is the artificial pronunciation (pronounce any aleph as A and insert an E between consonants) that is usually used as a crutch to read the consonant skeleton presented by the hieroglyphs, unfortunately many people mistake this for the actual pronunciation (latest horrific example: Cruise Mummy)

Isis (the character) draws her powers specifically from Isis (the goddess). Having her being a Muslim (believing in the one God Allah) while drawing powers from another god is nonsensical.

I mean there's a fuzziness in that Isis (the goddess) is an extradimensional being like Thor, not reall a god god, but that really calls into question why anyone who knows that gods tend to just be extradimensional beings would be religious at all.

It's not nonsensical. It is harem. These western shits wonder why Muslims fucking hate them.

>It is harem

Awesome.

I can't thank you enough for this my nigga!

anytime, big guy

But this character is not new dc.wikia.com/wiki/Adrianna_Tomaz_(New_Earth)

Holy fuck, even older dc.wikia.com/wiki/Isis_Vol_1

>>Make her a muslim
>>ANCIENT EGYPT
pick one

Muslim????? literally egypt had dozens of GODS.