Toy Story 4 is coming out next year

>Toy Story 4 is coming out next year

Jesus christ, when will we get off this god damn ride?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrYnZ7ZxRe4
therichest.com/rich-list/most-popular/10-movies-that-sold-the-most-merchandise/
pixartheory.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's actually coming out in 2018

I'm actually excited for it too.

Still unnecessary. TS3 was a good note to end on.

I hear that in Toy Story 4, they meet the Cars from Cars.

Then the cars eat them during the opening credits, and the logo explodes and now it reads "SURPRISE! IT WAS CARS 4 ALL ALONG!!!"

At this point the theater doors are locked so there is no escape.

I hate when this happens. You have a perfect trilogy, and then you make a fourth one.

>It got pushed to 2018 for Cars 3

>The kingdom of the crystal skull

Still hurts

Why does the font on the 4 look so out of place?

This. Why ruin a good trilogy?

youtube.com/watch?v=rrYnZ7ZxRe4

>4
But 3 wrapped up everything

Kek

>Toy Story 3
>Not a soulless remake of Toy Story 2 made only to make more money

(lol

It wasn't though. It was the natural conclusion everyone knew was going to happen.

Good one Dunkey

>it was the natural conclusion

(lol again

It reused most of TS2's storybeats, relied entirely on stupid coincidences, retread established character arcs and all for an overly sappy ending to prey on the people who watched it as children

I'm sorry you're emotional investment in the film ruins your objectivity

I wouldn't mind this so much if they were going to introduce us to a whole new cast of characters and let Woody and the gang finally bow out from the spotlight. Hell, since is likely going to be followed by a 5th and 6th Toy Story, the 4th having a new cast to transition into would be a great point.

Too bad that won't be the case and this will probably be a blend of TS1 where some third toy comes along and spoils the balance Woody and Buzz have maintained, with elements of the 2nd/3rd films where the antagonist is yet another weary sack of shit who hates playtime.

Don't forget that Buzzlightyear in some form will be antagonistic because he thinks he's not a toy.

>(lol again

Nice argument, kiddo.

And it only reused the "toy who dislikes playtime and tries to manipulate others", that's only thing the two films shared. Lotso didn't care about being famous like Pete did, he just wanted to enjoy comfortable playtimes with the slightly older, gentler kids while letting the newbie toys/possible dissenters get wrecked by the literal infants and toddlers. The whole arc of the trilogy is what people expected, and it wasn't sappy in the least.

Didn't Tom Hanks spoil that the 4th one is going to reveal why the Toys come to life in the first place?

What could it even be? It can't be something like the love of all children since they have to stay hidden.

I hope it's not some midichlorian bullshit or something..

Would have figured it'd tie into what Brave had implied as something like the witch's magic or whatnot.

Nobody said you have to watch it when it comes out, OP. Nor do you have to acknowledge whatever it adds to the canon.

I'm pretty sure all that's been said about it is that it's a love story about Bo Peep and Woody.

But Bo Peep got sold off in between the second and third movies.

I heard while back it would feature a general cast of originals which is cool. But uh, Tom Hanks is supposed to be in it. So...I dunno.

The plot is Woody apparently setting off to find her or something?

They come up with some bullshit reason for her to return.

Just out of the blue? That seems really lazy compared to the other films where most of the plot is more about a situation being thrust upon the group.

That would be kind of cool if they were trying to move past the original TS gang and ease us into a new one. The main problem most are having with this thing coming along is how it pretty much undoes the finality of Buzz and Woody's last adventure. Sure, they've done like 5 mini-movies since, but those are pretty easy to ignore.

Needs more buzz lightyear

From what I've heard from Mouse House and Lamp rumors, a lot of the films have huge story issues. (Gigantic, Frozen, Toy Story 4, a couple of original films, etc.)

therichest.com/rich-list/most-popular/10-movies-that-sold-the-most-merchandise/

>Toy story 4
>youve got a friend in me starts playing

They even introduced an obvious new love interest for him in Dolly. I thought they couldn't get Bo Peep'so voice actor back in the first place-- wasn't that why they wrote her out to begin with?

This is unnecessary TS3 ended so perfectly.

I'm surprised the Incredibles 2 isn't getting more hype.

could be they end up not finding bo and they develop woodys new love interest during the adventure

I'm sure it will once it gets closer to release/we know more about it.

Nigga look it up if you don't believe me
>thing is different so it = lazy
to be fair I feel that most people would rather fuck Bo Peep than Dolly and I'm sure Woody feels the same.

gotta make these billions, man.

Incredibles 2 has been hyped since Icredibles 1 came out. It's been hyped for over 10 years. Most people want that shit and were excited when it was announced. There's just literally nothing to go on.

>the gap between Toy Story 3 and 4 is only 3 years shorter than the gap between 2 and 3

It is lazy to just have Woody go "Let's disappear on our owner and jeopardize our secret because I want to get my non-existent dick wet". The other films were about the toys being spurred into adventure through circumstances beyond their control.

I know it's liked, but I still hate the ending.
I never liked the idea of Andy giving them up to some random kid the way he did.

It was kind of a nice twist from what most were expecting, wherein Andy would just be shown as an adult giving Woody and the gang to his own kids and essentially maintaining the status quo of Woody still being with him.

When we have bootleg toy

>It was kind of a nice twist from what most were expecting
It really wasn't.
It just felt like like Andy abandoning them so that they could continue the status quo of a child owning the toys, so that they can go through the same sort of shit they went through in the first two movies more easily.
I didn't like the kid either, it would've probably been more interesting if we had an adult Andy with the toys for Toy Story 4.

They're random toys from his childhood that he doesn't care about anymore. It's not like anyone just keeps them for their entire lives. Do you still own all your toys from when you were eight years old? Woody may have been special to him but not all the others.

And he just gave Woody away to some girl he had literally just met.
It was out of character as fuck.

It was still less predictable than Andy keeping them as most expected he would.

Being less predictable doesn't automatically make it the better outcome.

Not really, he was matured, plenty of grown up people give away their toys. Not everybody holds onto their most treasured toys to pass onto their children or nephews/nieces, some will just flat out trash the things. Andy giving them away was a sign of his maturity and accepting he couldn't cling to his old passion forever.

Why diesnt anyone call out DreamWorks for their endless sequels, prequels, and spin offs?

That depends on how you look at it. Not everyone minded Andy giving the toys away.

To match the tone of the movie.

What?

There was a bunch of easter egg stuff in Brave that implied connections to everything from Monsters Inc., Toy Story, and I think even Incredibles.

Here user

pixartheory.com/

Thanks

At least in the case of the Madagascar movies, each one was better than the last.

>Wall-E is robot Jesus

And at least the first sequel to their other films have been better than the originals, KFP2 for example was leagues above the first film.

Pixar was once about quality
Now it's Disney's bitch

They still do better quality. Inside Out was great. Though the one with the dinosaurs was a step down in terms of writing.

HTTYD2 was a clusterfuck, so there's the exception.

In what way? Beyond not giving the new villain a little more fleshing out, the story was pretty consistent.

The problem was that there's no reason for any of it to be happening. There was no flow to the events. They just come and go.

That and it's literally built on Hiccup and Astrid being morons and not listening.
Astrid straight up threatens the villain by telling him everything he needs to know about her Night Fury riding boyfriend and the island populated by dragons. How stupid can you be? She might as well have given him a map to Berk and directions on how to get there.

Heck, the story and characterization is not even that consistent either. The one guy, Erik, son of Erik or whatever is played off as a pathetic joke of a villain who can't do anything right, and then suddenly once he switches sides, he's suddenly a hyper competent badass.

Not to mention everyone was finding everyone else across open water as if they had viking radar

Fucking hell I never noticed that.

The villain was stupid as fuck. His motivation is that he hates dragons, so he goes to all the trouble to train and mobilize an army of dragons to attack people on the pretense that he hates dragons? How does that make any sense?

>>Toy Story 4

Why, for what reason?

The style of the movie is also very different and much, much simpler. HTTYD 1 was more like a drama with a bunch of different events happening at the same time and a lot of characters individually reacting to the events in their own ways, creating many different conflicts in different places all at the same time. It makes for a dense, satisfying film where you become invested in everything that's happening, and as a bonus, there are some action scenes and flying scenes and scenes where they just jerk off about dragons. HTTYD 2 is a very straightforward adventure plot- they do A and then they do B and then they do C and then Hiccup's dad dies and then they do D and the movie's over. There's basically nothing BUT action scenes and flying scenes and scenes where they jerk off about dragons. On its own there's nothing really wrong with a simple plot, but it feels like a big letdown as a sequel.

laika did Disney better than Pixar or Disney have in years with Kubo. its a shame how far Pixar has fallen.

I didn't find it too bad, but certainly they could have tried to have played Drago's role into things a bit more thematically than just "he's a bad, nasty Viking!"

I mean hell, they were sort of implying Hiccup and he were polar opposites (gimped by interactions with dragons, and how their new handicap affected them), but then barely play up on it. Hopefully the third movie will address this.

money.

And all those events, especially Hiccup's dad dying, hold no real weight to them.

For god's sakes, Stoick dying happens so fast and it's over and done with in no time at all that I spent the entire rest of the movie thinking he was going to show up at the end and save everyone.

I STILL don't believe he's dead.

Aside from Littlest Dinosaur, Monsters University, and Cars, what has Pixar done to be considered all that fallen? They still try to be emotionally invested compared to Disney who are only on occasion manage to make something heartfelt and not just "let's take a classic fairy tale and dress it up with some modern flair!"

> implying the ride will ever end

Please come back when you can come to your own conclusions about movies and have your own opinions instead of parroting the opinions of famous YouTube critics.

You can get off the ride anytime you want.

Just stop seeing those sequels. Don't watch it. Don't pay for it. And don's even pirate it.

>Jesus christ, when will we get off this god damn ride?

You don't have to see the movie or care. It's a movie for children

It's all Lassetter's fault, I read something akin "Pixar is his old wife, while Disney his new girlfriend".

Lately he had to save that furry movie and now he's making another Cars because billions.

>toy story 3
>nazi death camps

>toy story 4
>alien genocide

That's a fucking nightmare

>nazi camp

so that furfag of a director took a bit of inspiration from this movie? Why I am not surprised..

>Don't forget that Buzzlightyear in some form will be antagonistic because he thinks he's not a toy.
That is WAY overplayed by now. I can't believe they did this three times.

the sad thing is, toy story 3 was actually a good ending for the series.

It wasn't an ending though. It was a good third movie, yes, but it was no ending. In fact it perfectly set up the premise established in the third movie, that as everyone gets old, the toys will keep on making people happy.

They should've just kept doing occasional special shorts with mini-adventures.

The way a film makes you feel is part of it's quality user

In my opinion, all this whining about TS4 being made is totally unnecessary. I think TS3, contrary to my expectations, was a pretty solid movie all in all, and that even though it came out a full decade later. You shouldn't give up on this so early when there aren't even any trailers or some shitty leaks out there yet.

Also, if I remember correctly, I read somewhere that the writer (or whoever) was pretty satisfied with the trilogy as well and that he didn't even consider a fourth film for the first couple of years until he supposedly had this one brilliant idea which he thought would make for a great sequel. And if it weren't for that one idea, he definitely would have never touched the franchise ever again.
I'm too lazy to look for the source now, but it shouldn't be that hard to find. Whoever is interested enough to look it up, please feel free to correct me if I got something mixed up here.[/spoiler

Anyway, try to have some faith.

It doesn't ruin the fucking trilogy by having another movie in the franchise.
I don't get how retards can't see this.

It would just be The Brave Little Toaster.

In that case I'd better sneak in some cyanide pills.

Hell they probably could have made a TV series out of them. I know I'd watch it.

What furry movie?

>Tracking Dragons

Did you even watch the movie?

2>1>

3 really doesn't hold up because of how transparent its appeal to nostalgia is.

I love the ending of this with the big baddie standing there looking at the mess and cooling down from how awesome it has been to be played with.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Take them to Mars next.

>angel kitty

It must be sad to be incapable of enjoying movies and having to rely on YouTube critics to dictate how you're supposed to feel about movies. I'd pity you more if you weren't an asshole, but it must be pretty tough going through life without a single ounce of personality or true enjoyment for anything. Why do you keep pretending you're interested in movies as a hobby, then? Go do something else, like accounting or drugs.