/éire/

Mobius One edition

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mother_Language_Day
youtu.be/UXvKAHiituc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>A group of 26 international experts has warned that rogue states, criminals and terrorists could in the future use artificial intelligence (AI) in crimes, terror attacks and to manipulate public opinion.
We /cyberpunk/ now

Any good phone recommendations between 100 and 200 euro?

The new Nokia 3310.

>tfw spent so much time on Sup Forums that things I considered to be ultra normie turned out to be social sudoku
>found out the hard way
do not fall for the memes lads

can't wait for the grey death

like what?

Does your country celebrate international mother language day ?

Ok, today I'm really fucking tired.

>Any good phone recommendations between 100 and 200 euro
Afraid not. Might be worth looking at the phone threads over on Sup Forums.

>ultra normie
>social sudoku
May need some sort of glossary for all these words. Rather complicated.

>Might be worth looking at the phone threads over on Sup Forums.
They almost always recommend phones that can't be purchased in Ireland or won't work here.

you mean Seachtain na Gaeilge?

I mean en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mother_Language_Day
Didn't know that you have your own holiday for this.

>won't work here
Wasn't aware of this. Irish masts provide a different signal type or something?
Most of the big name phones they usually recommend like the One Plus or latest Samsung would be compatible, but they cost much more.

>Wasn't aware of this. Irish masts provide a different signal type or something?
Yeah, something like that. I don't know the specifics, but if you buy a phone in the USA, there's a good chance it won't work in Ireland (there are exceptions though).

>if you buy a phone in the USA
Well I wouldn't buy it in the US. I'd look at what model they suggest and try to find it cheap here on either Amazon or Ebay.
You'd have to import duty or something similar if you were bringing it from the US.

I know. I'm just saying that if you bought a phone online that isn't available in Ireland based on a Sup Forums thread, there's a good chance that it wouldn't work here.

Fair enough desu, I see what you're saying.

Sounds like a bit of meme though Seachtain na Gaeilge is also a meme.

h-hey there fellow irish

We take it enough seriously.

>Seachtain na Gaeilge is also a meme
why?

>Asylum seekers prepare for new life in Ireland after fleeing conflict
>In Athens today, 18-year-old Rivan Qador’s family were preparing for the journey to Ireland.
>"I know Ireland is a country which loves refugees," he said.
Final solution to the "refugee" problem when?

Dia dhuit a a chomhthíreach, is tráthnóna maith a bheith inár ngaeil, nach ea?

Because everybody just ignores it. I doubt most people even know when it is.

>"I know Ireland is a country which loves refugees," he said.
Who tells them these things?

>I doubt most people even know when it is.
Isn't it usually around St. Patrick's day?

Which percentage of people know Irish?

Most people can speak it to a very small degree because of schooling. I would guess the number who can speak it well is only about 4% and less than half of them would use it daily.

>Have you been to a Lidl or Aldi? Do they have them in Luxembourg?
There are a few here yeah
>don't try any funny stuff with me.
>Young man from Co.Mayo got stabbed to death last friday evening,motives are unclear,the only evidence found on the body was a carton of Orange Juice and pictures of a Japanese anime woman riding a soviet tank
>The body had hardly any blood left inside of it,Garda are clueless
>Please call Crimecall if you have any information that could lead to the identification of the murderer

Late reply better than no reply

>There are a few here yeah
Take it you haven't visited? I don't ever really go to them, they feel like soulless warehouses with cheap knockoff goods.
One thing I found amusing when I went to Aldi recently was how they have the IRFU logo on their fruit and such, because they are official supermarket sponsors or whatever, yet the fruit comes from some country in the middle of Africa as opposed to being actually Irish like other supermarkets.
That sort of thing along with putting Irish flags on things that were only packaged here is a bit annoying.
>stabbed to death last friday evening
It was Monday nigh-... actually nevermind...
>Please call Crimecall
Oh come now, I doubt they ever solve any crimes.
>Late reply better than no reply
Absolutely desu.

That's sad

God, Reddit really is a fucking terminally retarded shithole. I went on r/ireland just because I was bored and the amount of idiocy is staggering, these people really can't just stop for even one second to try using reason or logic when they have le upboat system that punishes contrary opinions and rewards people for going with the majority instead of thinking for themselves.

>Take it you haven't visited?
Oh I have,we don't have Tesco and the likes here,the only regular Lux supermarket is Cactus where I do most of my shopping due to very,very inviting loyalty/discount cards
Where do you do your shopping?
>That sort of thing along with putting Irish flags on things that were only packaged here is a bit annoying.
Do you prefer local peoducts?
>Don't solve any crimes
Ara now,the Garda would ve lost without them

Don't like 30% of Belarusians speak Belarusian,that's not much either desu
No hate though

30% is a lot

Not if it's your national language ,and that's only people able to speak it,not the ones that actually do speak it regularly

>Cactus
That's an interesting name for a shop.
>very,very inviting loyalty/discount cards
I never really joined any of these, though maybe I should look into them.
Is there anything interesting about them? Do they give you discounts on Gucci shoes and trips to Monaco if you buy enough tomatoes?
>Where do you do your shopping
In whatever shop is nearest me usually. I don't always cook so I don't exactly stock up on a huge amount of stuff, plus I'm not here at the weekends either.
>Do you prefer local peoducts
If local products exists for that type of produce, then yes. I am from a farming background so it would be a bit bad if I didn't support the local industries.
Does Lux produce many agricultural goods?
>image
Cute.

It's a lot for any minority language, if we had those kind of numbers we'd be flying in terms of revival

60% can speak it, and almost everyone understands it.
The problem in idiotic language policy since 1995, when in the country only in 13% of schools education in Belarusian. Don't forget that my country is ruled by a complete idiot since 1994.

>I never really joined any of these,
I worked in one of their administrative offices for a summer where I got a higher employee card,meaning that I get 25% off because they never bothered to deactivate it
And with my points I can get Jamie Oliver tableware,which is cute
>Does Lux produce many agricultural goods?
Mostly only dairy products,meat,wine and beer
Fruit and veg only to a lesser extend because our soil is very iron-heavy and thus a bit less ideal
I do buy the local products if I can,but it's not possible for many products

Don't you have a shop hierarchy?

>Don't forget that my country is ruled by a complete idiot since 1994.
Reported
>60%
I see,isn't that bad then

>I get 25% off because they never bothered to deactivate it
Holy shit, that's great. Surprised they give employees such a high discount though, wonder if other places have it so high.
>Jamie Oliver tableware,which is cute
I'll take your word for it...
>wine
Very good quality or just kind of average? Doesn't strike me as one of the renowned regions of the world for producing wine.
>Don't you have a shop hierarchy
Afraid not, though I try to shop in Irish ones as much as possible, so like SuperValu.

Centra > SuperValu desu.

>doing regular shopping in Centra
If you have money to burn and don't really care about selection, sure.

>Doesn't strike me as one of the renowned regions of the world for producing wine.
Mostly sparkling wine (champagne and crémant) and very dry white wine so it's more of an acquired taste among wine drinkers,and not for the "casual" (no offense intended)
It's rather good though,you should give it a try if you get the chance,even if the price tag can be a bit intimidating abroad I imagine,the national brand's quality standards are high
> Surprised they give employees such a high discount though
Believe "regular" employees only get 15% off and only the office workers/administration people get the 25% cards
>SuperValu
What's withe the Irish and the prefix "Super"?

>42 posts
>in 6 hours
>7 posts an hour
>10 posters
>3 are foreign

'nice' thread

Things have been going downhill lately. A lot of regulars are missing.

Slavic languages are very similar to each other, so the transition from one to another will not cause any special difficulties. Many here teach Polish for a month, because the system of cases in it is exactly the same as in Belarusian. And you already know a lot (more than half) of words.
Irish absolutely doesn't looks like English, because of this it's difficult to transition to it.

>more of an acquired taste
Are you more partial to the red or white wine yourself?
I've only sampled both very briefly before and wasn't a big fan of either. Was all very bitter or something, I don't quite know.
>even if the price tag
If I ever get a girlfriend that likes wine I'll be sure to buy her a few bottles.
>What's withe the Irish and the prefix "Super"
What else uses that prefix? I can't think of anything.

It's like the famine all over again so it is.
Do you just come in here to stats post?

Why are Americans so weird?

Lack of school uniforms. Many of them grow up thinking it's socially acceptable to wear shorts as an adult.

>What else uses that prefix?
Supermac's
The Super League
Super Nintendo
>Are you more partial to the red or white wine yourself?
I'm a big white wine drinker,red wine not so much,depends on the food that I'm eating with it of course but if I'm out and not eating anything,I usually just go for Riesling or Rivaner or something,always works
>I've only sampled both very briefly before and wasn't a big fan of either.
So you only had wine once?
>Was all very bitter or something,
All depends on the wine,I guess ice wine might be more your cup of tea (or wine) then,it's very sweet wine made after the first frost so that the sugars concentrate in the grapes
Do the Irish drink a lot of wine?

Their minds have been polluted by their media,leading to most ordinary Americans only acting in what we would consider extremes
Define weird please

>Why are Americans so weird
Cultural melting pot, of all the bad cultures (religious extremism, "freedom" above everything else, letting subhuman slaves be free in your country and so on).

>you only had wine once
Correct, was offered to me at a wedding and I just took a sip or two of it and then left it. Same for the red wine, more or less.
It just didn't taste very nice, like kind of bitter. Maybe there is something wrong with me, I never really liked tea either. I mean who likes drinking hot water, regardless of what's in it and what it tastes like? Very confused.
>The Super League
Not quite sure what that is, think you might've made it up...
>always works
Works as in it tastes nice or as in it gets you drunk?
>ice wine
>very sweet wine made after the first frost so that the sugars concentrate in the grapes
Sounds interesting, might give it a try. Is it difficult to find and is it more expensive?
>Do the Irish drink a lot of wine
Not traditionally but I believe consumption has been increasing quite rapidly in the last decade or so.

Northern Ireland best Ireland

North as in Donegal?

>Do the Irish drink a lot of wine?
I only have it at Christmas.

I don't respect nordies after meeting self proclaimed "nationalists" who were actually unionists. At least loyalists have convinction.

>I don't respect nordies after meeting self proclaimed "nationalists" who were actually unionists
Like the ones over at /éire/pol/?

>Correct, was offered to me at a wedding and I just took a sip or two of it and then left it
Wines differ wildly from eachother,much more than whisky,beer or any other kind of alcohol.
All down to personal taste really,if you are in a restaurant,you can always ask the waiter to recommend you a wine to go with that,or you ask for a specific kind of wine like a sweet white one,
Not sure if this works in Ireland of course,we would have to ask Froggy for more info or AA
> I never really liked tea either
Mainly drink it for it's hunger-numbing effect
What do you drink then usually?
Any favourite alcoholic drinks?
Did you ever have champagne?
>Works as in it tastes nice or as in it gets you drunk?
Both,it's a semi-dry wine meaning that it's not too sweet or too bitter
> Is it difficult to find and is it more expensive?
It's a seasonal item,most often found in late november,early december,it's more expensive that regular wine and the bottles are smaller,you usually drink it together with dessert or something
Which ones do you enjoy?

Is that what /éire/pol is like? Unionist nordies calling themselves nationalists?

From my brief experience, starts off with "lad culture" Michael Collins shitposting, then descends into "we should've stayed part of the British Empire so we could be based and leave the EU and rule the world"-type mindset.

That and lads LARPing as Irish Nationalists despite singing the praises of Nigel Farage while claiming that Ireland was better off in union with Britain than it is as a member of the EU.

Always figured Irish Sup Forumsacks had a streak of West Brit about them, what a shame.

It's a very strange state of affairs alright. You often see more union jacks in their threads than tricolours.

>Which ones do you enjoy?
I don't mind red but I wouldn't seek it out to drink. Don't think I've ever had white.

youtu.be/UXvKAHiituc

>can always ask the waiter to recommend you a wine to go with that,or you ask for a specific kind of wine like a sweet white one
I'll keep both of those in mind, thanks.
>What do you drink then usually
Water and milk mostly, I'll drink milk with most meals and then water for the rest of the day.
I don't buy fizzy drinks that often, though there are these fizzy stevia fruit-flavoured drinks that are quite nice. They are produced near Rathkeale as well, I believe.
Apple juice is quite nice as well.
>Any favourite alcoholic drinks
Afraid not, I haven't sampled very many.
>Did you ever have champagne
Nope. How does the taste differ from normal wines, more sweet?

Welcome back desu. Did you have an enjoyable day off?
>image
I'm disgusted, cannot unsee. Her purity; gone.

>If I ever get a girlfriend that likes wine
Something something red liquids.

>Did you have an enjoyable day off?
Not really. Slept a lot, played vidya, missed two Six One's.
>Apple juice is quite nice
I've had enough of your lies.
>Her purity; gone
Commies aren't pure anyways.

>Nope.
Wow,this is very alien to me
Not sure if you can stay in the /éire/ millionaire's club like that,shall have a word with Prinz
>I haven't sampled very many
You are not a big drinker?
Also I still find it odd to have milk together with a meal other than breakfast

>Don't think I've ever had white.
Not sure how to react to this

>shall have a word with Prinz
About that, I'm not sure have I ever had champagne either.

>I still find it odd to have milk together with a meal other than breakfast
I rarely drink raw milk at all. Maybe if I had some cookies or something but I'd still rather tea.

>Commies aren't pure anyways
I thought the problem was that they and champagne socialsts were too pure and didn't know what it was like to work and live in the real world or something? Just spent all day campaigning for shite on college campuses?
>Something something red liquids
Exactly!
>Slept a lot, played vidya, missed two Six One's
Sounds heavenly tbqh, especially the last bit.
>I've had enough of your lies
Hope you aren't and OJ lover. Bet Lux loves nice bitter cranberry juice, would match his sexual fetishes.

>this is very alien to me
Well I don't imagine people here drink it very regularly, maybe only on special occasions. Do you drink it quite regularly or just at big events and such?
>You are not a big drinker
Who knows. May be a case I'm too drunk afterwards to remember if I was drinking.
>still find it odd to have milk together with a meal other than breakfast
I think it's quite common to drink milk with meals here, compared to other countries. Feel like it may be in decline though and is perhaps a more rural thing.
Can't beat some milk straight out of the fridge desu.

>image
Saw this yesterday on ****** and meant to post it.
>rarely drink raw milk at all
Your missing out on all the wonderful flavours and subtle regional milk differences.

I approve.

Recently 4chanx has been sometimes not working until I refresh the page, anyone else getting this?

>******
What?

>4chanx has been sometimes not working until I refresh the page
Don't think I've experienced any issues. You can't post or no new replies or shown, something like that?

>What
Rhymes with fed it.

>were too pure and didn't know what it was like to work and live in the real world or something?
That would certainly explain Mao's farming techniques.
>Sounds heavenly
It really wasn't.
>especially the last bit
What so you don't approve of the Feminine Power Duo™ of Keelin Shanley and Catríona Perry? Shall report you to the licence bureau for this.
>Hope you aren't and OJ lover
I've had just about enough of your citrus bashing.
>May be a case I'm too drunk afterwards to remember if I was drinking
That's... a concerning level of drunkenness.

Milk is always so cold. I don't like the base taste of it either.
How does breast milk rank on your bodily fluid hierarchy?

>You can't post or no new replies or shown, something like that?
Not quite, it's like when I open a new thread or refresh a page it's as if I don't have it installed and I have to refresh again. Quite odd.

Sounds like a problem with your browser more than the extension.

>I'm not sure have I ever had champagne either.
Shall have a word with myself then
Now I see your true nature

>Bet Lux loves nice bitter cranberry juice, would match his sexual fetishes.
I do enjoy it,not sure how this relates to my sexual preferences though
>Do you drink it quite regularly or just at big events and such?
Regularly I guess but never on my own
>Feel like it may be in decline though and is perhaps a more rural thing.
Rathkeale isn't very rural now is it?
Also if I were to drink milk,I'd probably prefer it hot, straight out of the udder like God wanted it to be consumed

>pic
kek

>don't approve of the Feminine Power Duo
After I saw Perry playing with her fingers on the news yesterday, no I don't.
>citrus bashing
I just like the sweetness of apple juice, some apple juices anyways. I have quite the sweet tooth.
>How does breast milk rank on your bodily fluid hierarchy
Unfortunately I haven't tasted any recently so I can't rank it... for now.
>Milk is always so cold
Well it depends on the coldness of your fridge. Really cold milk it horrible, tastes like some sort of water with some extremely diluted flavouring.
I generally prefer cold over hot drinks though. Only hot drink I ever really drank was hot lemonade, but I haven't drank that in years and I don't think I'd like it much anymore.

>when I open a new thread or refresh a page it's as if I don't have it installed and I have to refresh again
Afraid I haven't been having that issue, sorry.

>citrus bashing
Frogweeb inbound

>not sure how this relates to my sexual preferences though
The bitterness is like the pain, or something like that.
>Rathkeale isn't very rural now is it
I guess not. Good thing I don't live there.
>probably prefer it hot
Don't think I've ever had warm milk, doubt I'd like it desu.
>straight out of the udder like God wanted it to be consumed
Or the breast perhaps?

College-kun?

>Don't think I've ever had warm milk
Now you're just taking the piss

>College-kun?
No.

>No
A-user...?

>*rish thread
>everyone speaks in ENGLISH

You are all bitches to the superior Anglo. I'm glad you know your place.

>I just like the sweetness of apple juice, some apple juices anyways.
Those better be cloudy apple juices
Is my boy Apple Juice around?
>can't rank it... for now.
Do you have anyone in mind?

>Perry playing with her fingers on the news yesterday
More information is required.
>I haven't tasted any recently
Does that imply you have tasted the other fluids you've ranked?

>user
You mean the legendary hacker on steroids?

>Do you have anyone in mind
Perhaps. Would take a few months though, it's a bit of a "process" to produce it you know?

>More information is required
I was just looking at her out of the corner of my eye and saw her fidgeting and doing some stupid shit with her hands.
She was obviously very awkward and uncomfortable and didn't know what to do with them.
>you have tasted the other fluids you've ranked
Of course, you haven't?
>the legendary hacker on steroids
The who?

>Perhaps
>Poi is in love
Certainly hope you are going to nourish her with plenty of Lux ice wine to make her "juices" taste sweeter

>nourish her with plenty of Lux ice wine to make her "juices" taste sweeter
Duly noted.

>saw her fidgeting and doing some stupid shit with her hands
>She was obviously very awkward and uncomfortable and didn't know what to do with them
And you bully her for not meeting your standards of social grace? Very shameful of you.

>Of course, you haven't?
Poi... I'm beginning to become concerned for your wellbeing.

I'm bored, recommend me some old games to emulate.

Nice image. Saw you posted it last night but I was asleep.

Yeah this artist draws a bunch of her, and I was looking to see if there was a higher res version of one I had.

You're going to have to narrow down what systems and genres you're interested in.

>bully her for not meeting your standards of social grace
If by bullying you mean closed the tab in my browser, then sure.
She's finished desu, will be out before the end of the year.
>beginning to become concerned for your wellbeing
I just really like the concept of life and the living, thus the fluids associated with living go with that.

>old games to emulate
Why old games when you could play new ones?

Tactics Ogre on the SNES (NES?) was pretty cool. I got frustrated eventually and quit, but it had that classic RPG feel.