Joker was the worst decision DC ever made and should have never been debuted. Here's a challenge: Prove me RIGHT

Joker was the worst decision DC ever made and should have never been debuted. Here's a challenge: Prove me RIGHT.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CMrFCwYAZxE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. You made the point you supply the evidence.

It was the easiest to turn into the twisted fucking psycopath meme, cementing comics forever as an outcast medium.
All the fun's been drained from Joker, and you get that bullshit where he's cutting off his own face. Fucking please.

DC's made far too many bad decisions for that to be true.

Joker being Batman's opposite has always been stupid. Every time Joker gets out of Arkham and kills a shitload of people, Batman's 'I don't kill' philosophy loses more and more credibility. How can you say with a straight face that killing the Joker means Joker wins? Who gives a shit what dead men think?

TL;DR: the more twisted Joker gets, the more Batman appears more and more delusional. If that's the point then that is a bad decision.

I forgot to add, how is it that Joker kills cops in a corrupt world like Gotham and hasn't been shot, repeatedly, while 'resisting arrest'? Lets face it, if Gotham is as corrupt as it's portrayed, Joker wouldn't make it to processing, let alone go back to Arkham repeatedly.

Heath Ledger killed himself because of the Joker

> the more twisted Joker gets, the more the Gotham Justice system appears more and more delusional.

ftfy famalam

In general Joker creates a stupid element to everything in the Batman world.

No he didn't. Stop perpetuating that myth

No. Batman's decision not to kill is because Bruce knows that he's a monster and if he starts killing people he won't be able to stop. In his eyes, those civilians are acceptable losses compared to the downside of a Batman that kills. That's the point. It's not just "killing is wrong, mmkay." He's not against killing, he just knows he can't do it himself and asks his friends not to because he worries for them in a similar way - but it's notable that he doesn't care if that friend's character is strong enough that they can kill and keep their humanity.

If Batman kills the Joker then he becomes a criminal and deserves to be locked up.

Batman is already a criminal if you're going strictly by rule of law.
If you mean morally, there is a threshold where knowingly allowing evil to continue to exist is more of a crime than destroying the evil if you have the means to.

So you're advocating for Batman becoming the punisher, cause if he kills the joker then excuses will be made for why he hasn't killed penguin, riddler. mr. freeze and scare-crow, who by the way also do kill civilians.

the only law that Batman truly respects is Batman law
and under batman law, if he kills someone he deserves to be locked up
there's a picture of him next to it. If this man specifically, if he kills, lock him up, no questions no trial.

Seriously, in the real world there'd be a point where they'd just kill Joker. His "insanity plea so I can't be executed," bullshit can only go so far since he's actively a danger and killing people constantly.
Joker being allowed to kill so many people severely weakens Batman's no killing rule.
In the real world some cop would of killed Joker by now.

True but not on the magnitude Joker does. The point of my original post wasn't to say "Batman should kill" it was to say the Joker becoming more and more ridiculous has made the "batman shouldn't kill him" philosophy more and more questionable.

It was more a reply to the OP then a general batman statement.

>In the real world some cop would of killed Joker by now

Joker isn't some low level thug that can be easily killed.

Joker gets arrested all the time. Corrupt cops have shot black people for a lot less. Good cops will fuck the shit out of cop killers given the chance, and they do with the blessing of the higher ups.

It depends on the adaptation you're reading though. For instance, in injustice Superman kills the Joker then he decides that it's his responsibility to make sure no more crime ever exists and in the process creates even more chaos.

In the real world, joker would have been hanged like Saddam Hussein but this is the comics and the joker is a compelling character. Maybe they dont have the death penalty in Gotham.

Criminals have been killed in captivity.
Crooked cop makes some calls, an orderly kills Joker in Arkham or some shit

I feel like this would make an interesting one off book, if it hasn't been done already. Joker never makes it to holding/jail/arkham. Batman thinks he escaped. Goes looking till next day news reporting that Joker died on his way to wherever from 'wounds he received from batman'. The city doesn't give a shit, Batman eventually discovers the cops just went full Rodney King on him and vows to expose them.

The big question is, why is he even bothering though.

What exactly is the appeal of a character like The Joker supposed to be, when real life criminals like Charles Manson and Al Capone are so much more interesting despite being "grounded" in reality? Do capeshit writers just have no depth perception when writing anything with inherent moral implications?

Do you find Black Mask and The Penguin more compelling than The Joker?

>Maybe they dont have the death penalty in Gotham.
They eventually placed it canonically in New Jersey for that very reason.

>Charles Manson
>interesting
WAHH I GOT DRESSED IN GIRLY CLOTHES AS A KID AND NOW I MANIPULATE PEOPLE AND PRETEND TO BE CRAZY
Jim Jones is a far more interesting than Manson could ever be.
youtube.com/watch?v=CMrFCwYAZxE

Because the cop turns out to be Batman Villain #325 and "It's not just the Joker Alfred... there are a hundred other missing prisoner reports, and they all point to the same guy!.."

He isn't bulletproof.

A WHITE guy!

Not sure if I can, but I sure am sick of him.

Not him, but yes, by far.

He's literally just a crazy thug, he's not invulnerable to bullets.

[Spoiler]Frank Castle [/spoiler]

Crazy thug that keeps escaping prison sure, just an ordinary chap.

He's all sortsa stuff

why don't you prove yourself right instead of asking us to do your work for you?

btw here's why you're wrong.

Whoa, where's that from?

source?

Endgame

>knows batman's and family's identity
>two fucks given unless he is actually hunting batman and not bruce wayne.

You're wrong, because not all Jokers are handled poorly or used as vehicles for edginess.

This is my favorite depiction of the character, and he's both a prankster and a capable opponent for Batman, using gadgets as efficiently as he does and always having a trick up his sleeves--he's not merely a repeat of Romero's goofball Joker just because he's a Silver Age throwback. He has an air of class about him that more modern takes of the character have no pretenses towards, and while he's indeed a criminal capable of much mayhem and relishes the opportunity to kill Batman over and over again when afforded it, somewhere, deep down inside, is the possibility of a good man. He once saved a small child's life at no benefit to himself, and in another dimension, he became a full-on hero.

Believe or not, he also inspires me to smile through the hard times.

brave and the bold was awesome. not too keen on his voice, but it was a fun joker.

love how they did an emperor joker adaptation.

I liked Jeff Bennett's voice acting for him a lot, but I can see why it's not for everyone.

I loved that episode, and the cute flapper Harley that came with it.

Honestly, it's time to bring back the squirting flower and the sledgehammer.

I wonder how many people Batman has killed indirectly? I mean the viscious beatings he doles out have probably caused plenty of internal injuries and deliberating medical problems that have led to deaths.

Do you think he wears a little bat cowl over the head of his dick

Why hasn't Batman just shoved his meaty cock into Joker's butthole yet?

Yeah DC making by far the most recognizable villain in comics was a mistake

It's a mistake if you create a character that you can't move past. It's almost like being typecast but on a broader scope.

you don't have to move past something good that works

HOW DARE YOU

If it stagnated your own creative process, yes you do.

bump

See that's fair. The problem is however that comic Joker isn't the laughing criminal prankster. He's effectively a terrorist in clown make up

For now, at least. And he absolutely needs to go.

>your own
because joker has a single writer, right?

>It's a mistake if you create a character that you can't move past.

How much comics do you actually read?

Out of 8 live action Batman movies, Joker has been in 3 (Batman '66, Batman '89, The Dark Knight)

Out of those 3 films, he was only the sole villain in one of those movies ('89) the rest he shared screentime with at least 2 other villains.

Out of the last 30 years of Joker comics, he's only had the major story arcs:

Endgame
Death of the Family
Emperor Joker
Joker
Killing Joke
Last Laugh
Death in the Family
Man who Laughs

Joker is a character that's thrown into a lot of ensemble pieces, most major Batman arcs features a huge cast of his villains, usually the Joker is at least a cameo/supporting role. He doesn't usually get to be the centerpiece for a big story arc. Even out of the ones listed above, 3 of them were out of continuity arcs and one was a Superman story instead of a Batman one. Out of the 4 big Batman/Joker main universe stories, 2 of them have come under the current writer. One was written way back in the 90s, and the other in the 80s.

Granted he was over used in the Arkham Games, but even then he shared the stage with dozens of villains each time. He wasn't even the villain that defeated, unmasked and retired Batman in that universe. Scarecrow was.

For all that people cry at his over use, he's very rarely the central attraction. Even his latest movie reduced him to something like 8 minutes of screentime where he was nothing more than Harley's boyfriend.

>utilitarians

There's nothing wrong with the Joker

hes a fun villain to write and out of all the rogues he has the neatest design and is the most fun to draw

This doesn't really work because they're all like "those deaths were good though"

Unlike commies who never wanted genocide

Are you saying he's alive today?

Making him the nemesis was a terrible decision, cut is appearances to nothing and he becomes much more effective like in his first (and best) appearance.

I have no idea how anyone could say the Joker's debut story is his best appearance.

its obviously the boner story