I liked this movie when it came out, but the more I think about it the more I realise how average it is...

I liked this movie when it came out, but the more I think about it the more I realise how average it is. It's probably Denis' worst movie.

I thought it was nice and enjoyed it. It was on epix the other day so I saw it for a second time and my opinion didn't change. I'm really biased about any movie that includes Amy Adams though.

>jeremy renner looks you in the eyes and asks "do you want to make a baby?"
>what do you do?

tell him i don't have a womb

I haven't seen a new movie since Batman vs Superman.

That sounds about right

Sup Forums in a nutshell

It sounds like you're injecting too many of your own shitty thoughts into it over time.

why would an alien suffer from human amnesia? this movie made no sense.

What?

If the aliens could see the future and understand english how come they couldn't learn how to write in english?

The script was rather shitty, I wonder why he agreed to film it.
Maybe just wanted some sci-fi under his belt before the bladerunner.

What the fuck?

Their language is non-linear orthography, so its impossible for them to express human language.

This. Silly movie.

Same, i liked it a lot at first and we had really interesting threads on it, but once it became a meme here i just cant take it seriously anymore

It's great, best sci-fi film in recent memory. Arrival makes Interstellar look like Lost in Space.

>Arrival makes Interstellar look like Lost in Space.

Well I can at least agree with this.

>wtf I love globalism now

scene where amy and forest meets for the first time is the most absurd and stupid scene ever

Well, not ever...

definitely ever

Nah, not ever.

too much sex

>when she remembers the future her future self always knows what happened in the past
>she knows her daughters name, she knows things that the character from the present doesn't know
>when she remembers the scene with the chinese she conveniently doesn't remember the past, so the chinese has to tell her what she told him so she can tell him again in the past

Yes, it is quite convenient, but every time travel movie is "convenient"

Idk, the thing is that it has some really nice concepts and visual designs, but there is so much EXPOSITION, through TV News compilations, then there's that sudden part where the dude narrates, then there's that dumb scene where they blow up the shell and not to mention some bad dialogue

7/10 if i'm totally honest

*Walks into linguists office*
*Plays random sound clip*
"Translate this"

She explains the alien's gift of time travel to the general and uses his wife's dying words as proof, so he knows that in the future he has to tell her what they are.

That part was pretty dumb