1. Country

1. Country
2. Do you support independence for the Cornish people?

USA
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uUwo25wVyEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>estimated to be between 300-400 native speakers of the language
OH NO NO NO HAHAHAHA

I honestly doubt there are any native speakers in the sense you're thinking of, either. Just English LARPers.

Good thread. My posts will be a bit offtop. but interesting.

What do you think - is it fine to rebirth non-existing languages? Will it be common in the future?

yes and Ukraine should free the proud Ostrogothic nation

It can be the answer on "tolerance". Because cornish/welsh nationalism is always ethnical, I guess.
But try to say "brits are only ethnical anglosaxons" and people will claim you as a racist.

it's interesting but you have to be honest with what you're doing, it's artificial and sterile but can develop a culture of its own (see: Hebrew)

I can't imagine it will be anymore common than it has been nowadays

I guess it may become common in western Europe, as I said, it's a good answer on "tolerance".

People in Russia are rebirthing small languages too:
youtube.com/watch?v=uUwo25wVyEw - 3163 speaker. Latin alphabet is the official writing system.

Emmelie de Forest didn't release A SONG in Danish. Just a reminder.

I'm a bit involved with Pennsylvania German preservation in the US, while it never exactly died out it's fairly similar

there are people getting into resurrecting dead/nearly dead native languages here. I do suppose the relative ease of content creation and democratic structure of the internet does lend itself to this sort of stuff. Still I can't see it becoming too popular as normies abhor this sort of stuff

>Emmelie Charlotte-Victoria de Forest
Normans are FRENCH!

I doubt that it would be in New World (both Americas), people just have to reason to do it. Maybe only in Canada, but if Quebecians will go into full conservatism + language nationalism they just can become #1 power in the country.

*have no reason to do it

>Emmelie de Forest
who? and how is this relevant to what I said?

she is a singer from your country and she won Eurovision

or you're emmigrant?

Language is relevant when it has a good and many content.

I learned (not 100% fluent, but have basic skills) Polish because of their's music. There a lot of good music in Polish.

and it's the problem that Danish isn't common in songs. Same with Dutch and WT band which didn't release a song in native language too

Dont forget that Uzbekistan should respect the Greeks right to self determination in the lands of central asia

Cornwall cannot survive on its own, the house prices are through the roof but the wages are shit tier, it is an economic drain on the UK.

I mean I can somewhat understand where Wales is coming from but with Cornwall it just has my eyes rolling into the back of my head. Pick any random city in the world and see what tribe lived there a thousand years ago and that's about the same level as this whole "Cornish" thing. Christ the north/south divide in England is stronger than that.

Transylvania
Yes

Cornwall in the north

Ireland
Yes, mite b cool

Not the same because the last native speakers lived in XX century.

and what of wales? there we see what can happen with english larping is left unchecked for ~150 years

they've been completely assimilated since the era UK became a thing. let them revive their language but independence is not possible unless they became the Monaco of the british isles.