I've been thinking this for a really long time...

I've been thinking this for a really long time, but this week has really made me come to terms with the fact that I hate DC. I've tried to give them a chance in the past but nothing they've ever made has really interested me. Marvel has offered me stuff like Spiderman, Daredevil, and Punished that I've grown up with, but DCs heroes have always been kiddish and underdeveloped in comparison.

What also gets me is how anal DC fans are. I've noticed that almost all DC fans are social outcasts while the majority of people happily grow up with Marvel. It feels like a really contrarian way to make decisions. With that comes a sense of unwarranted self importance. DC fans like to pretend their books are "smart," and have a lot of guys like Morrison that write a lot of pseud gobbledygook. DC stories are all about being told how smart you are and being meta. Marvel isn't high art but they're good at telling stories about people that act like people.

But what really gets me is that they're always rebooting and pushing events that do nothing but dredge up shit from their past for nostalgia. It's a backwards way of writing that shows that they're creatively bankrupt, and I feel like they hurt ALL comics, not just their own.

What do you think? Why do you hate or like DC?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Different strokes for different folks, man. Nice blog

I'm impressed by your resolve. Few would spend this much time crafting mediocre bait.

>facts are bait

ok

pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/

>But what really gets me is that they're always rebooting and pushing events that do nothing but dredge up shit from their past for nostalgia.
Yeah Marvel is pretty bad about that.

I think you're an idiot for thinking Marvel is any better.

They're both lowest common denominator garbage. It's like bitching about how much McDonald's sucks when you've been eating Burger King all your life because it's so much better.

You project hyper focused criticism towards 'other" fans as inferior or worse because they aren't you -- or at least you think they aren't -- and you couldn't possibly be the malfunctioning manchild. But you are. Like all of us.

Now it's just obvious you're baiting.

They have no good characters, can't write stories, and reboot their universe every other day. I've never been happier than right now, watching them burn their whole franchise to the ground.

Shit like your post is why everyone hates DC. The outright lies, the evil business practices, and the bullshit slammming down of anyone and eveybody that dares to criticize them. They think they're better than everyone else when they're just stewing in their own shit.

Its like they made an entire comic book franchise out of Dunning Kruger effect. every one of them deserves to be dead in the fucking streets.

All of that applies to Marvel lol

>muh indie

no

Marvel reboots/retcons more than DC.

decent troll, 6/10, got some responses

Still too obvious.

>Marvel reboots/retcons more than DC.

>DC has rebooted like 20 times
>Marvel has never rebooted at all

I didn't say Indies were better or good.

There are diamonds in the rough wherever you want to look. But 'brands' as actual relevant things that imply quality is stupid. Each book should be taken on its own merits.

Marvel reboots titles at a rate that dwarfs DC. Like, hilariously so. DC has had bigger reboots because they reboot less often.

X-men alone has been rebooted likes 30 times.

But if you think a "reboot" can only come in the form of some big event to dictate some continuity cleanup then you're as dense, stupid, and as much of a faggot as OP.

proof?

>everyone taking the bait

Come on guys.

>Marvel has never rebooted at all

>Tony has changed from being in the 'nam to being in the middle east
>Same with Frank
>not a reboot

thats a retcon. a reboot is doing anyway with most/everything

Sliding timeline is a different problem. Thank God the United States keeps wasting blood and treasure on foreign hellholes with little or no strategic value on the geopolitical stage so our superheroes can continue to have contemporary origin stories.

DC is like all those pseudointellectual meme shows that permavirgins watch to think they're smarter than everyone else, while Marvel is like what normal people watch to chill out after actually working

What?

Did you miss Secret Wars, wherein the entire point of that extremely recent event was to reboot the entire Marvel universe?

Albeit it was honestly done half-assedly.

BASED DC.

It's actually interesting how many people that are into Marvel are in STEM fields or have advanced degrees. Not even joking.

Maybe because they spend their time doing things that are actually mentally taxing it's nice to relax with something fun.
While on the other hand, your average person is braindead most of the day, so I guess they want their media to try to appear sophisticated so they can feel smarter

go away OP

So Marvel is family guy and DC is QI

DC wins.

hahahahahah

nice try

[citation needed]

Is this Weak Bait: The Thread?

>Facts

This isn't your blog

>pushing events that do nothing but dredge up shit from their past for nostalgia. It's a backwards way of writing that shows that they're creatively bankrupt,
You mean like Civil War II? Or Secret Wars?

>I've noticed that almost all DC fans are social outcasts while the majority of people happily grow up with Marvel
>implying Batman 66 isn't a meme
>implying most people didn't love Batman 89
>implying millenial fags don't spout how amazing the DCAU is
>implying Superman hasn't had a consistent media presence
>implying that past twenty years DC hasn't had at least two cartoons about their shit going on
>implying people gave a shit about the Avengers prior to 2008

You definitely don't know what the fuck you're talking about, user. Stop embarrasing yourself.

Marvel definitely tells good stories about flawed people being superheroes, but ultimately they're a bit hollow. DC's main characters are purer archetypes that lend themselves to deeper examinations of higher ideas about superheroes.

>higher ideas about superheroes
I don't even -Oh god, haha ha ha ha.
Well played.

typical DC faggot thinking his shit doesn't stink

Technically, no.

Marvel for most of its existence had a floating timeline and just leaves plots behind and soft retcons them, whereas DC had to use an event to fast-forward the decade "today" is and unfuck continuity.

The problem is that Marvel took on DC's habit of requiring a MASSIVEUNIVERSECHANGINGEVENTTHEWORLDOFCOMICSWILLNEVERBETHESAME shit, because the two are a fucking pair of incestuous dragons chasing each other's tails.

>What also gets me is how anal DC fans are.

Every day I see five or six examples, right here on Sup Forums, of dipshit comic guys making not only wild ass assumptions about people with exactly zero evidence, but they're mad about what they imagined about the other person.

It's friggin weird.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl once advertised that "it's so good, we got TWO issue #1s in one year!" with no sense of irony.

But if you want more examples, let's go by volume numbering, with some of the solo series of characters that have had major appearances in other media, so at the very least they're C-Listers.
Amazing Spider-Man is on its 4th volume, Deadpool is also on its 4th volume, Daredevil is in its 5th volume, Nova is on its 6th, Captain Marvel announced a TENTH VOLUME.

And that's not even counting the times that series have changed titles over their lifetimes (Superior Spider-Man doesn't count, and I didn't bother trying to figure out how many Iron Man solo books there have been).

>Marvel has offered me stuff like Spiderman, Daredevil, and Punished
>DCs heroes have always been kiddish and underdeveloped in comparison.
So you're an edgy 12 year old?
>Marvel isn't high art but they're good at telling stories about people that act like people.
People that're constantly fighting each other or bitching about how hard it is being a superhero.
>But what really gets me is that they're always rebooting and pushing events
This has to be fucking bait.

>Replace every DC with Marvel
Now you're on the money.

>>DC has rebooted like 20 times
>>Marvel has never rebooted at all
So you're either casual as fuck or baiting.

why do Underageb&s love Punisher and Daredevil so much?

Actually, Vietnam had massive strategic value. Now that we have access to the taped conversations and top secret documents of all the participating nations, we know that Vietnam was the Kremlin's proxy war to see how far the US was willing to go. On the US side, it was about showing the Soviets that the US isn't afraid of destroying itself and anyone else to win.

Politically speaking, it was a stalemate since both sides realized that posturing was getting them nowhere against an enemy willing to go all-in, and both invested heavily in society and science (bankrupting the Soviets and shattering their political ties, resulting in an American victory).

Nixon had gambled on being able to force concessions from the reds because they realized if he won his election he wouldn't be able to run again, and would be able to do whatever the fuck he wanted without worrying about poll numbers. See, even before Vietnam started the Chinese and North Vietnamese had been willing to make a deal, but Nixon refused to even meet with them since he wanted to play a high stakes game and slap the Communists in the face. They had actually planned to give Nixon a very VERY generous offer to end the war. But Nixon wasn't confident in actually winning the election and decided to use every resource available to him regardless of legality. This, along with a string of other fuckups (because that's all Watergate was, everything going wrong at once and everyone making every mistake possible from Nixon down the ranks) let the Soviets press the war itself into victory.

But again, as I stated, the point was showing the east that the west was willing to play the game if they were. Which resulted in no more games being played (other than proxy wars in the middle east anyway).

Marvel starting their books from #1 isn't really a reboot in Marvel land. They number their books by arc. Like a season of a tv show, each new season starts at episode 1. It makes it easy to find a starting point, but it's still a continuation of the previous season. They haven't started the story over from the beginning.

DC reboots are like the original Powerpuff Girls vs the new Powerpuff Girls.

But DC has literally never done that. All their stores are built on what came before.
>CoIE is a thing that happened in universe post Crisis
>Flashpoint is a thing that happened in universe in the New-52
DC has literally never rebooted. Everything that has happened still happened and all of the Crisis style events happened in universe to produce the next incarnation.

Because Marvel readers are either edgelords, hipsters or self-inserts.
>I-I want a hero I can relate to
>like Spider-man
>is nerd loser
>but is actually super genius
>has chicks constantly throwing themselves at him
>is actually super witty and funny
Marvel knew all this, it's why they had to break up Peter and MJ. So Peter could get a bunch more chicks like all the Spider-man readers totally could if they wanted to.

Stop replying to this fucking crap.

make me

Holy hernia, Batman! He's right! By replying we have bumped this thread and continued this conversation! It's diabolical!

Great ... Scott, my Chum! It seems as if we have fallen into this nefarious scheme of the mysterious OP... ... But fear not ... I have something just for this situation in my utility belt...

>I've never been happier than right now, watching them burn their whole franchise to the ground.

Can someone post the lack of Marvel books in the top 10 from Diamond Distributing for this month?

>I'm not even giving up the (you)

As someone who swings more DC than Marvel, this isn't true.

>They number their books by arc.

He thinks this is true.

What would that even matter to someone who's enjoying the comics they're reading?

>Ooooh, everyone's jumping off this bridge, wanna come too?
"No thanks, I'm just gunna enjoy this book I'm reading."

Think about it, all those indie pushers are bitching about the big two not being as awesome as that self-published limited run meta-work you can only buy in rare book stores, they're happy with those ridiculous go-nowhere books.
Why can't that be truthy for Marvel fanboys too?