His country doesn't have strong regional identities and subcultures

>his country doesn't have strong regional identities and subcultures

talk about being cucked by progress, LMAO!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r7gFNaGYEs8
youtube.com/watch?v=PCrNORbMuR0
youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_hdKR-DaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic unrelated?

just like us :) you should join

pic very much related, much more so than 'muh north vs muh south vs muh capital which is still sort of muh south'

Pod kaj spada Zasavje?

Sorry bro, but your country produces no relevant culture so I really doubt there is so much difference in a tiny square

>prekmurje
bunch of magyars you landstealer :) so give it back you memenation to our diverse regional identities and subcultures

Štajersko, po vsem sodeč.

m8, Slovenia has like 3 different climates, 5 types of traditional houses and each region also has its own national costume

just look at germany
we have a saying meaning:"over the hill starts a new world".
and the biggest rivals are always the people from the neighbour village.

And how do they differ from your neighboors? Don't you think you'd be better off if you were partitioned?

to illustrate: the national costume of west Dolenjska...

...vs the national costume of east Dolenjska...

>being partitioned by non-nationalities such as the Austrians and Croats

vs the national costume of Gorenjska, which is also the pan-Slovenian national costume

Our language has very strong dialect differences, if a few more rural people who live more than 30km apart talk to each other in their native dialects, they won't understand each other.

Try to leave your room once, all of Europe is varied as fuck especially the mediterranean side
Here in Sardinia every municipality, from the capital to the most insignificant village has its own language and traditions

Lol, where I live every town has a different costume. You're not special ivan

Islam Destroyed Europe

Not really, you are biased because yours is probably the most culturally relevant country
You can't tell me there's a big difference between most of the slavs, they have pretty much the same culture (except czechs)

You want Ivan? I give you Ivan!

And that is the point of Sup Forums, to share stupid ethno shit with each other.

>his regions don't project psuedo-imperialist power onto each other
>his regions don't colonize each other

Oh? Name a few of our overarching cultural themes then.

>(except czechs)
kek, it's so easy to tell you're talking out of your ass.

What does Islam have to do with this thread? Unless an Albanian and thus an indigenous European Muslim posts his regional flavouring here, that is.

Your folklore, lack of literature, your music, even the costumes you.posted look pretty.much the same as ones from Austria, Poland, etc..

Have some stupid ethno shit then

No you are the biased one because you don't know enough of the slavic cultures to perceive the differences

I'm also adding that the czechs are a mix of slav and german, they're not unique

You have about as much national diversity as Lichtenstein. Go back to Yugoslavia, you fake nation.

What differences?

>your music

let's take a look at ex-Yu specifically

Slovenia
youtube.com/watch?v=r7gFNaGYEs8

vs

Serbia
youtube.com/watch?v=PCrNORbMuR0

t.we wuzzing the country

Anthropological shit, like language, folklore, society, mentality
i.e. what we refer to as 'culture', which is not old buildings and paintings

What does that prove exactly? The slovene is stronger and the serv is merrier. But that doesn't mean anything, the same band can make 2 completely different songs and still have most sound similar
Nice vague answer. Refering to your mentality, from the slav tourists I've seen, they behave equally. ( no russians though, I'm guessing they're too poor)

I knew you couldn't think of any examples. As to your shots in the dark, good attempt I guess, but they all missed. Folklore is pretty variated, there aren't many common themes. Literature is rich and diverse in all slavic countries. The costumes the user posted are completely different to each other, and while Austrians have similar ones, that's more of an alpine theme.

>I'm also adding that the czechs are a mix of slav and german, they're not unique
And we're not? Where I live german is a very strong influence on our language. If you're a farmer or mechanic or electritian or something, odds are you don't even know what most of the tools you use are called in slovene. Literally.

Not that that's anything to be proud about, it just shows how completely ignorant you are about this topic. There is no such thing as a unified slavic culture.

Then post some of your folklore, some of your literature like the other slovene is doing. You're just arguing with me instead of trying to convince me

the first style is polka, which was invented in Bohemia and spread to Austria and Slovenia when we were all a part of Austria in the early modern era, and the second style is called kolo and is found in different varieties from Croatia to Syria. It too spread when all of those countries were all a part of the Ottoman Empire at roughly the same time period.

What do you think of turk influence in your nation? If there is any

eh, the same goes for serbia
only the areas are larger, but there are still numerous regional identities throughout

What am I supposed to convince you of? That countries aren't memes? That's common sense. What you're saying is the equivalent of someone saying there are no differences between you and spain, italy, france, and romania, and therefore that all of south america is also almost exactly like you but with a few negligible native influences.

What? Hello? Why would a country have strong regional identities AND subcultures? Wouldn't this kill the point of it being a single country? What's the logic behind this post?

The czech comment is not mine, there are 2 portuguese here. And of course there is no unified slav culture. I just said they are similar, like mine is the same as Galician

Not him, but our only turk influence was the immigration of people from the Balkans that settled on the border creating a march (vojna krajina).
I come from the coast so we had almost no german influence instead we were heavily influenced by Italy (Venice)

desu, with those same arguments, everything from Portugal to Cyprus is also all the same.
It's just that one notices differences more for oneself and related groups, the more distant, the more "same-y" things appear

>new worlders

There is, but not directly - we came under Balkan influence with the formation of the first Yugoslavia. It is limited to a few loanwords, such as the words for pocket, bag and cannon, which were borrowed via Serbocroatian, and a few dishes that appeared here in the 1920s and later, such as čevapčiči, which are now served in every Slovenian restaurant.

Though linguistically speaking there is a much older Turkic influence in Slovenian as well as Serbocroatian from the dark ages when we were a part of the Avar khaganate. This layer is refered to as Proto-Bulgarian.

There are few differences between Portugal and Spain beyond language ( and obviously literature)

Okay peru.

Are there any remaining historical minorities that you hate? Here we have gypsies, which you probably do too

Not related to the thread but where should I go in Portugal? I was only in Porto and Ovar for the carneval a few times.

Douro Valley, Coimbra and somewhere in the Algarve are most popular for tourists

gypsies, italians, and hungarians have official recognition and protection

In the East, we have yugos and some albos. Almost no blacks and arabs though.

>There are few differences between Portugal and Spain beyond language

Would you say that flamenco equals fado (since these memes are all I know about Iberian music)? They're both mournful, but I wouldn't say it's the exact same style of music

Sigurno naprečuješ, Janez!

Are there studies about the original religion (not necessarily folklore) of your land? Or was it lost from roman, german, italian influence?
It's not the same genre but like you said there is little difference, even with Italy and France we share a lot of motiffs

>naprečuješ
kaj je to

m8, we aren't Croats, though sigurno is an interesting word that was borrowed into Slovenian from Italian via Croatian. It's a slang word tho. Naprečuješ isn't Slovenian, though I assume it means ' you are telling tall tales'.

The old slavic religions are more or less completely lost to time. Nobody knows much about them. A lot of quirky things from the past are left over in our folklores though.

Sranje, hotel sem reči "norčuješ"

Should I have said "gotovo" ?

should have been "sigurno se norčuješ" grammatically then

though i think "sigurno se delaš norca" is a lot more natural sounding

>his country doesn't have strong CITY identities and subcultures
Shiggy

all cities have that, it's expected

Yes. In speech and in casual written communication, we would usually use sigurno though.

Norčevati is reflexive (sigurno/gotovo se norčuješ, Janez).

Thanks, that'll teach me not to post until B2 level.
Just kidding, I usually jump on every situation in order to speak any language I am barely conversational at.

another way of saying it is 'gotovo briješ norce' (literally: surely you are shaving madmen), though it's no longer used in speech. But it's a colourful phrase, so I thought I'd mention it.

wasn't there a couple of villages in Primorska where they remained pagans until the 20th century?

You Slovenes have a thing with hairs...
That reminds me of "tristo kosmetih medvedov".

No. There was this Italian from the Ter/Torre valley who made some posts about some pagan traditions in Rezija/Resia. This makes sense, since Rezija and the Ter valley are both wild, isolated mountainous terrain and were not under Austrian rule for as long as the rest of Slovenia, where the Jesuits made efforts to root out pagan survivals (a somewhat well known example in Slovenia is the Jesuit suppression of bonfire songs (kresne pesmi) and myths about the demigod Kresnik in Dolenjska and Bela Krajina in the first half of the 19th century.

*kosmatih

You're right. If someone is said to be 'brez dlake na jeziku', then they are very honest and blunt in expressing their opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_hdKR-DaA
do you know about this guy?

we have that one, too

those aren't used in natural speech though

>his country doesn't have strong regional identities and subcultures

i can't think of any country that doesn't have this lol.

Thanks for the expression.
We have plenty of such involving hairs as well, such as pic related I saw this winter in Ljubljana.

Why are they wearing Hijabs?

The name is familiar, but nothing more.

Also, historical fun fact: in 1330 AD, a papal legate stationed in Udine preached a crusade against the people of Tolmin in Slovenia, accusing them of worshipping trees (which was common throughout Europe into the 20th century). Slovenian historians have proposed that this was actually an attempt to extort taxes from the remote region which only theoretically belonged to the patriarch of Aquileia.

You must be young or an immigrant. German women traditionally wore a similar kind of head covering.

"Sacrebleu" is not a thing we say except to appear edgy.
The most common curse words are "putain" and "merde", which you will hear around every corner.

all men and women in the world used to wear something on their head, it protects you from lice and birds shitting on your head

i think it's interesting if true, you had your own religion, different even from the slavic paganism

Exactly, we have those as well.

we should revive the tradition, and start wearing the "slavic grandpa hat"

>the famous French maid uniform is just a slightly altered peasant dress

makes sense, come to think of it

I think this is more an example of syncretism and that those people did not consider themselves to be non-Christians.