Why is Superman not recognized as Clark Kent

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BIaF0QKtY0c
cnn.com/2016/08/31/health/superman-glasses-disguise-facial-recognition/index.html
cnn.com/2016/08/31/health/superman-glasses-disguise-facial-recognition/
instagram.com/p/BDBit1wA5kb/
youtu.be/2Qy4EIvvVj4
listverse.com/2013/08/27/10-famous-people-who-couldnt-impersonate-themselves/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Glasses, body language, cognitive dissonance, the existence of look-alikes. It's not that hard. Cavill proved it with his experiment too.

Same reason no one makes the obvious Peter Parker > Spider-man connection: They're such huge pussies no one would believe they're actually manly and nearly unbeatable heroes.

Because why would Superman ever want to be a guy like Clark Kent

> Glasses
Really ?
> Existence of look alikes
In Metropolis ?

It's a combination of all these things. I meant the concept of look-alikes. The fact that people exist who look similar to other people.

Just admit it, they think we're all retarded.

Except Clark wears big thick glasses, not thin frames like those

You are retarded. It's realistic.

The first 4 movies did a better job of it than the Cavill movies, so far.

1. Superman IS taller in stature, and Superman hovers to add even more height
2. Clark wears somewhat baggy clothing, making his physique harder to spot
3. Clark is a compete ditz, Superman is hardcore saving serious action.
4. Clark Kent is the kind of person you forget. Superman is charismatic as fuck
5. The glasses isn't what sells is, its the contrast between the collar line, difference in eye height, wavy hair versus super sleek. The glasses only help.
The glasses also distort his upper check bone

Because this superman doesn't seem that public of a figure (he doesn't do public appearances or tv interviews)

Plus why would anyone assume superman pretends to be a regular guy

You'd be surprised
youtu.be/BIaF0QKtY0c

Hypnotic disguise glasses.

What an argument

Like every other vigilante. Have you heard of a guy whose name is Bruce Wayne

He looks like superman, just like we all know one guy that looks like someone famous.

My butcher looks like Robert De Niro, but i know it's not his secret identity.

No one thinks that Superman has a secret identity.

Your butcher doesn't live in Metropolis. Why are Bruce Wayne, Barry Allen etc... wearing a mask ?

>Barry Allen
Who?

Who the hell is bruce wayne?

Batman is literally the only person on the planet with a secret identity when Superman shows up, and even he was retired at the time. Some people would say he's a myth. Some people wouldn't even know Batman has a secret identity, how would they? There is no precedent for a SUPER POWERED individual having a secret identity in this universe.

have any of you people ever been to a music gig before the artist arrives? have you been to a movie premiere where there's the potential for lots of famous people?

You get feverish with nerves and your perception of "what to look for" warps. I was at the BvS premiere and I thought every bald man looked a bit like Morrison of BKV. I even thought I saw Bendis.

I once saw an artist's solo show and questioned if the two people in front of me in line really were his bandmates. couldnt be! well, I was starstruck when they walked past the bouncer into the VIP area.

you gotta put yourself into the moment.You're not gonna go "hey, this guy actually looks like that news reporter I see on 5th street every so often." You're going to say "holy shit it's superman"

Superman doesn't wear a fucking mask.

Have you heard of facial recognition system ?
And so why is Batman wearing a fucking mask ?

Same reason no one recognize Zoey Deschanel when she doesn't have bangs

Source ?

I don't always recognize people I work with when they come into the store out of uniform, at least not right away.

A radical change in fashion, a new haircut, or another big change like, say, losing an iconic pair of thick glasses and a slouch can do frigging wonders. I mean we're already talking about a very small group of people who work with Superman and Clark Kent; the Daily Planet, mostly, who largely see him as the office sad sack. No one else knows him well enough to think "Hey wait he kind of looks like Superman when you squint."

They did a story where facial recognition software said Kent was Superman.

Luthor said it was bullshit for Luthor reasons and blew it up.

Fuck that's good

Because that's how he sees humanity, as weak and pathetic

Snyder saw fit to skip over it, so don't worry about it.

>Hey, Kent, you look like Superman
>Yeah, I hear it all the time.

And that's the end of it.

Though really, it makes a lot more sense in the early days where everyone wore full suits at work.
Like, there'd be no way to tell that Clark was really shredded as fuck under a suit.

But nowadays, it'd be clear that he's a big guy because no one would wear a suit jacket inside.

Shut up, Bill

Try reading some comics you fuck.

glasses look way different, plus the hair curl

cnn.com/2016/08/31/health/superman-glasses-disguise-facial-recognition/index.html
Because as it turns out, glasses aren't actually that terrible an idea.

there's no arguing with a retard

You're a light.

How do you manage to solve the captcha ?

because the writer didnt want him to be recognized

>thinks the average person is intelligent

Man you're even more retarded than them.

what does the billionare playboy has to do with this?

For you.

A better question would be "why doesn't someone shoot Tony Stark in his sleep?" Isn't that the whole point of secret identities? To not get wrecked while unarmed?

Why doesn't Obama get shot in his sleep?

Because security exists.

That's because it's difficult to be a super secret assassin that can break into anywhere in real life, but in a movie universe or comic universe? What's stopping them? Plus he's losing tons and tons of money just for extra security if it's really that good. Also no one who has THAT big of a reason to assassinate Obama can get into the US, but Tony should have a lot of enemies already in here, right?

For every advantage a super secret assassin has, a character like Tony Stark would have to.

Besides, he probably has a robot decoy going around pretending to be him while he sleeps off his hangover in a bunker/gets shitfaced somewhere else

You know, CNN just released a study about this yesterday.
cnn.com/2016/08/31/health/superman-glasses-disguise-facial-recognition/

>Written by C. Kent
Sounds unbiased to me!

>You know, CNN just made a news story about a study about this yesterday.
ftfy

He didn't write the actual study itself.

Mr. Kent was an amazing journalist, user. Even though he largely just covered sports and social events. Shame he passed. Don't disparage his last article.

he canonically keeps backups of his brain at different points from his life history 'just in case', and several of them have been used.

Tony stark probably suffers a dozen succesful assassinations a month and just rollsback to last week's backup in a pre-cloned body without even noticing.
>oh, wow, I have zero memories of the past nine days. but look at all this inventing I got done. I must have been working hard in a zenlike state, haha.
meanwhile another rising star assassin is made to commit seppuku for lying about a successful job.

instagram.com/p/BDBit1wA5kb/

You tell me

He should just make a clone copy of himself to do all his work while he takes it easy.

>watched BvS last night for the first time since seeing it in the cinema
>ended up doing a complete 180 in opinion and really enjoyed it

w-what happened between now and then

never works. if you're to lazy to do your own work then so is your clone. you just get thousands of you all doing nothing, like a mobius prisoner's dilemma

you understood the kino.
did you watch the extended bluray version?

No, just the normal version.

This time around, the only bit I felt was unnecessary or messed with the pace was the brief Indian Ocean scene (since Lex explains to the senator that the Kryptonite was found there by lackeys anyway)

youtu.be/2Qy4EIvvVj4
Kek. Lex, is that you?

>still not believing Superman can hide as Clark Kent

god you fucks are dense. Henry Cavill literally walked around TIMES FUCKING SQUARE, where there were posters and a massive fucking banner with his face plastered on it. He walked around mostly unrecognized, even for some of it without wearing the glasses. Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

It's not stupidity, it's just the assumption that that person who looks like someone famous isn't actually that person
Like if you pass by Cavill, most people would think "Huh, that guy kinda looks like Henry Cavill"
It takes a big assumption to begin to think that it IS him.

>listverse.com/2013/08/27/10-famous-people-who-couldnt-impersonate-themselves/
IKR, this shit woukd never happen in real life

Stockholm Syndrome.