It used to be about movies with some depth, and obscure auteur films, now it's all capeshit and GoT

It used to be about movies with some depth, and obscure auteur films, now it's all capeshit and GoT.
Can someone recommend a good film and prove me wrong?

Citizen Kane

Winter Sleep

>It used to be about movies with some depth, and obscure auteur films

No it fucking wasn't

It used to be about garbage and little girls, now it's just about garbage

I've seen it. I bet half the board hasn't, though.

Looks obscure enough. Thanks user.

WRONG

I remember when I first came here, I thought this board was full of insufferable snobs who would hate any remotely popular movie. It was bad as well, but at least you could discover some interesting stuff. Now it's only "ANYONE FEELING EXCITED FOR ANTMAN 3??" or whatever.

Agreed, and I remember the exact moment it happened - it was baneposting.

this
Just hide all the got, Dr who, marvel /DC, threads. They'll only be about 15 left but everyone who agrees with you is in those threads.
Watch beyond the black rainbow. It's not the GOAT but
>some depth, obscure auteur

Leave baneposting out of this.

Thanks. It's the second time I'm advised to watch it, so I'll give it a watch. What am I in for?

I saw The Wild Bunch the other day - I was really blown away how good it was.

>Can someone recommend a good film and prove me wrong?

Take Shelter

only god forgives

>looks obscure enough
It's popular as fuck, even here, stop roleplaying.

Be patient

Summertime 4tards will be gone during the day soon

It's not a very good movie user. Drive was better in every way.

I honestly don't know this film. But I'll watch it since you say it's popular user

Black rainbow borders on pretentious and over stylized about a woman trying to escape from a cult. I saw it, Martha marcy may Marlene and the sound of my voice back to back. All three deal with escaping or exposing a cult. They're not similar beyond that but all three may interest you.

BvS and Marvel ruined everything. summerfags amplify everything bad tenfold too so there's that.

Best Huppert performance, amazing film, go watch it now. Especially if you're feeling your life is empty, mostly consist of routine and you're dreaming about spending your life with somebody you know you'll never be with. This movie really hits close to home.

When was that, exactly?

Much truth in this post

8ch has a /film/ board that beats the fuck out of old Sup Forums at its best. It's pretty slow though

That board stopped being good in like 2014, now capes hitters have taken over.