A lot of the newer shows that have been coming out (not all) have been downright pathetic with cartoons like...

A lot of the newer shows that have been coming out (not all) have been downright pathetic with cartoons like Breadwinners, Sanjay and Craig, Pickle and Peanut, Uncle Grandpa Teen Titans Go, The Powerpuff Girls Reboot and so much more. They're soulless there's no creativity in them they just treat kids like idiots and that's horrible.

Agreed

Wasn't the PPG reboot confirmed to just be a cheap way of maintaining ownership of the IP? As long as they do something with the PPG no matter how shitty it is, they can still keep the copyright they have on it. That means after many years of doing absolutely nothing with the franchise, they come up with this reboot idea that they really don't give a shit about just so they can keep it from going back to Craig

It's hard to compete with phones and tablets which this generation is largely being raised by. Even a lot of toddler shows are way dumbed down. Sesame Street is basically the Elmo Screamng Show. There's even a new one coming out about a girl who uses apps and technology to "explore her world".

The only young child show that seems to actually be calm and take a good approach at teaching is Daniel Tiger. The rest are just hyper colorful, loud, toy commercials disguised as child education.

The reason is because they rely on cheap gags with one dimensional characters

Pickle and Peanut is one of the worst cartoons I ever seen

Agreed

I actually enjoy Pickle and Peanut a lot for what it is. It's a pretty great surreal humor based cartoon, and the pacing is quick enough that if a joke doesn't land the next one is already happening. The main issues the show suffers from are having a god-awful pilot and poor marketing.

They don't treat kids with respect

It's called nostalgia. You remember all of the good stuff of the past and conveniently forget about all of the bad stuff, so when bad stuff is released, it seems like this is a new development instead of something that has been going on since forever.

The show is an example of everything wronfg with animation right now like cheap animation, unlikable characters, one demensional characters terrible writing and cheap gags

I will never understand why somone hates Pickle and Peanut
IMO its better version of Regular Show. And I love weird artsyle.

It's horrible it's literally just a bunch of random jokes with one dimensional characters and lolrandom with terrible wiriting like most shows these days

>Pickle and Peanut
>Cheap animation

You just confirmed you havent seen any of the episodes. They mix diferent styles very well.

Whatever you say, OP.

Could be worse. Could be Annoying Orange.

Nice bait

The newer shows suck because people have just run out of ideas

I thoroughly enjoy Pickle and Peanut. It's got that same 12 oz Mouse shitty vibe quality to it that just works. Plus Pickle and Peanut have a lot more depth compared to many of these other dudebro shows. I also think TTG is enjoyable. It's silly and that's all that show really needs to be.

Other than that holy shit are cartoons really bad right now, at least in the comedy department. Breadwinners, Rabbids Invasion, Sanjay and Craig, Uncle Grandpa, and Future Worm are God awful random garbage. At least try to write a story guys Jesus Christ. Even regular cartoons are just lame and cliche. I personally don't like Star Vs, The Loud House, Alvinnn, Harvey Beaks, Adventure Time, etc. Not my thing. I wish people would just get more weird and creative rather than either being lame or flinging random shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Gumball and Steven Universe I thought were both really interesting and creative. They had weird worlds and strange characters and even a bonus added plot and lore. That's what I want to see more of. Characters I can actually invest in and stories that don't suck. Nothing really filled that void that Gravity Falls left when it ended.

Oh god no but still Breadwinners Sanjay and Craig Teen Titans Go and The Powerpuff reboot are still around so we have many years to suffer

OP, stop samefagging. It's really and obvious and embarrassing.

Cartoons nowadays are weak compared to the greatness of the 90s

Please watch an episode of Samurai Jack, Ed Edd n Eddy, Courage, or PPG. Then watch an episode of Breadwinners or Pickle and Peanut, or hell, Fanboy and Chum Chum. I call out people wearing nostalgia goggles all the time, but many early 2000s cartoons were better on so many levels. Not all, like you said, but the good back then is eons better than most shit on Nick nowadays

Normally I wouldn't call samefagging but the same shitty grammar/spelling combined with the poster number (8 posters-20 posts) I really think that OP is being a fag.

Agree nothing can match the sheer quality brilliance of 90s cartoons

The shows from the 90s are better from the crap were being fed nowadays

Those four shows were amazing compared to crap like Uncle Gandpa Teen Titans Go PPG reboot and clarence which they are boring and dull

Ah yes, who could forget classic cartoons like Tom & Jerry Kids, Mike Lu & Og, Taz-Mania, Bobby's World and Rocket Power.

Literally every decade has good and shitty cartoons and sitting here cherrypicking shows to support our arguments aren't going to do anything.

>talking shit about uncle grandpa

>blocked out Butt Ugly Martians, Super Duper Sumos, Teamo Supremo, and many many others

Dude there was a lot of shit back then too, it just so happened there were really high quality shows at the same time so we never had to really watch these things and forgot about them. Kids nowadays have netflix and youtube so once they're favorite show is over they change the channel.

no

First two seasons were fun, third and fourth season have given up on good writing and the show has become weak.

Rocket Power is not a bad show the show is good and teaches morals and life lessons unlike the cartoons of today

Yes they are they're not as good as they shows that come out back in the 90s

>Daniel Tiger
That wouldn't be the Mr. Rogers replacement, would it? I have this vague recollection of that being one of the characters on his show.

Agreed the shows of today range from Okay to mediocre to downright awful and there's a lot in the downright awful part

when isn't OP being a fag

Rocket Power fucking sucks dude. Go back and watch that shit again and tell me that fucking shit doesn't suck. The only thing it was ever good for was giving us the "Hawaiian Dicking" meme.

Regular Show, Steven Universe, Gumball, Clarence, and Gravity Falls can kick the ass of any 90's show.

People are just running out of ideas

I don't have to take that from a samefag

Okay but it's not entertaining.
A cartoon can teach all the morals and lessons it wants but Rocket Power was not advertised as an educational cartoon. It was made to entertain people. And it fails in that regard. Actually it shares a lot of problems you have with modern cartoons. One dimensional characters, a mediocre at best art style and shitty writing. Rocket Power is one of the most forced attempts at making a "hip and trendy" cartoon and it shows.

I'm probably the only other one than you and OP in this thread.

Rocket Power does not suck and the 90s was the best decade for animation

I'm here too guys!

Uncle Grandpa is one of the better shows. It focuses less on gross out humor and it's not a dude bro comedy show and it's overal entertaining. Sure, the randomness gets a bit old but they've toned it down in later episodes. Plus the animation is really good.

Go away Enterbot just fuck off most of these aren't as good as the 90s stuff so fuck off

>Rocket Power
>good

Maybe ironically. Have you actually watched it now? Shit is ridiculously funny.

>le enter meme
>no argument besides "fuck you I'm right"

okay kid

It's not one dimensional shut up shut the fuck up it's actually cool to watch especially around summer. Thecharacters were developed especially in the later seasons with their own individual episodes

Uncle Grandpa is mediocre and forgettable

Yes it does dude. Full of " LE RAD AND HIP JOKES FOR THE KIDDIES" made by old men executives and fat women that think that's what kids want. It's hip and it's cringy. The characters are awful and annoying. Take off your rose tinted glasses nigger.

Also that 90's thing is debatable. I think the 10's has some pretty GOAT shit.

Hi OP

Don't even mention him you dumb faggot.

>Those shows you've listed.
>Better than Hey Arnold, Johnny Bravo, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, Dexter's Lab, Original PPG.

Bro you need to calm down.
You're acting like a real shoobie right now.

Also you're only addressing one of at least three points I made there.

Hey Arnold was cute but nothing special.

Rocko and Johnny are GOAT, don't mistake me there

Ren and Stimpy and Dexter are OK. Not my thing

Original PPG is one of the best cartoons ever made.

All the old talent has been chased out of the industry basically. The pay is unsustainable for any well rounded person so all you get are the crazies who are prepared to live in poverty just to do cartoons. Worst still is the endless nepotism that has resulted in the talentless populating every single facet of cartoon creation. Wrap it up with terrible budgets afforded to the shit that does get made and the western industry can't even put out a Flash animated toon like Powerpuff to any sort of quality anymore. Shit is bad and the old guard talk about it a lot.

Twister and Sam were cool, Reggie and Otto were shit

Oh and you can also pinpoint when the cartoon industry went bad from when it used to employ writers and boarders (EEnE) to just boarders (AT, RS, etc).

The 90s is the best era for animation in general so many groundbreaking awesome cartoons

The shows of today aren't as good as the shows that came out in the 90s

I agree

Maybe. But Animaniacs is borderline unwatchable with its old, dated references, Tiny Toons is just Looney Toons, and a lot of those Nickelodeon shows are pretty bad in retrospect.

Not saying the '80s (toy tie-ins) or present day CalArts shit is any better, but the '90s weren't exactly perfect or bursting with creativity.