ITT: Unique words from other countries that can't be easily translated and/or are used in other languages (for this...

ITT: Unique words from other countries that can't be easily translated and/or are used in other languages (for this reason).

For example:
Blitzkrieg
or
Sisu - (what I still don't exactly know what it means?!)

Other urls found in this thread:

bottlenotes.com/the-sip/can-you-define-terroir-in-just-a-sentence/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

faggot

>Sisu
Ding an sich

>Blitzkrieg
eesti: välksõda (lightning fast war)

blitzkrieg is actually an allied term

Déjà vu.

Poshlost

good one. i've often wondered about what it is actually. no one word in eesti covers it

Terroir

English uses it as a loanword, but it hardly encompasses the whole meaning

i thought everyone has déjà vus

Zeitgeist

we all have them, that's for sure. and we sort of understand what is going on while having them. but if i were to put a name on it in my language it would require a lengthy description because there is no single name.

Coup (d'État).

golpe de estado :^)

Never seen that word in my life

Souvenir.

ajavaim
sõjaväeline ülestõus

easily translated and a concept in its own. only pretentious pseudo-intellectuals use the foreign form here

panache

Campanilismo
Meaning 'fuck the common nation, my only homeland is my neck of the woods'

>Blitzkrieg
Bliksemoorlog

We have "Gezellig"
It's not cozy, it's not nice, it's not fun, but it is all at the same time, but not really.

huelebragas (feminine underwear sniffer)

a man that lives trying to please women in a futile act of expecting something in exchange but in reality being just pathetic

pagafantas

a person that tries to obtain a relationship with someone making them favors and buying material things

Omelette.
Prêt-à-porter.

Any kind of complex swear.
Пиздoглaзoe хepoёбищe, for instance.

We are stealing to the germans the word Leitmotiv in french. I don't really know if other languages use it too.

Yes

Maybe “Saudade” I don’t know I don’t see foreigners using this word

ginga

>Blitzkrieg
Fast war?

>a man that lives trying to please women in a futile act of expecting something in exchange but in reality being just pathetic
tuhvel (literally a warm cozy slipper worn by old people)
>a person that tries to obtain a relationship with someone making them favors and buying material things
äraostja (literally the buyer)

yep, we use a translit of it: leitmotiiv

we call that "lightning attack" in portuguese: ataque relâmpago

I think English language uses it almost excusively for oenology and wine-related contexts.

bottlenotes.com/the-sip/can-you-define-terroir-in-just-a-sentence/

>a man that lives trying to please women in a futile act of expecting something in exchange but in reality being just pathetic
That would be "pizdoliz" (cuntlicker)

we call them "nice guys" or "white knights"

frouxo = loose, sort of the oposite to tough guy

>We are stealing to the germans
La traduction correcte de "emprunter à" en anglais c'est "borrow from".

Cunt eyed dick face. Pizdec is impossible to translate though. I guess you could translate it as "a desperate situation", but that doesn't convey the full meaning.

Mamihlapinatapai
bet you guys have no idea about this one

putsch

>Cunt eyed dick face. Pizdec is impossible to translate though. I guess you could translate it as "a desperate situation", but that doesn't convey the full meaning.

>Quihuetzcaltia
Make someone smile

>Quequeloa
Lie/mock oneself

Does your family speak Nahuatl?

haha, here if you're caught using swearwords (puts in eesti is a really ugly cunt, but it sounds kind of like putsch) you get to excuse yourself for discussing international relations and military stuff

it's spoken in the town of my grandfather
but i'm learning at my uni

Kewl.
What is your major, history or linguistics?

linguistics

Ylihuomen
It means the day before tomorrow. Oh wait, only anglos don't have a word for it.

>the day before tomorrow
>only anglos don't have a word for it.
Yes, they do. It's called "today."

he meant "the day after tomorrow", but as you can see he's obviously mentally deficient since he's posting anime

Sad!

yes. this is the famous finnish "sisu"