Other urls found in this thread:

sparknotes.com/lit/catcher/
postflaviana.org/freemason-rye/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a book about feels.

sparknotes.com/lit/catcher/

>subliminal

It is haram, definitely not halal

I was hearing about how it's a freemasonic neural linguistic programming book. I can't remember too much of it since I haven't read it since high school but the analysis by Joe Atwill was pretty interesting.

Shitty book about a retard who whines a lot also it makes you want to kill john lennon

sauce on that

It's about becoming an adult and learning how to stop being an edgelord teen.

It's about trying to find your place in society and what you want to make of your life.

Concepts that are clearly foreign to you Ahmed.

It's about a 30 something English teacher's attempt to mimic the language of a teenager of his time. It would have been hilarious if it were at least a little self aware.

> postflaviana.org/freemason-rye/

It's the typical whiny Jew garbage (OY VEY WHY DON'T THESE PHONY GOYIM LIKE ME)

I hated it as a teenager

After a second read, its a modern day Huckleberry Finn which laments the terrors which post modernism has inflicted on the US.

>Be young and conflicted young boy
>Leave home
>Get beat up by pimp
>Get walked over by everyone I meet
>Feel increasingly at odds with my degenerate surroundings
>Ends with me entering a mental hospital

Its actually a genius novel on so many levels.

Autistic moron acts like an autistic moron.

Was scandalous at the time, due to language like golly being risky for polite company.

sage

Literally too deep for you.

It's not a masterpiece, but it blows my mind how so many people don't get the point of the book.

Except they are all phony people, and its essentially Sup Forums the edgy novel.

thanks

its a book for cucks about a cuck who was a faggot

i didnt read that shit and just cheated on the test

basically harry potter but there is no school for wizards and witches so the kid just goes around doing shit magic uneducatedly

>better read

We can talk about the political aspects of the book and see the parellels in modern day faggot. /lit/ is for cucks

Stick to Batman vs. Superman. That's more your speed.

nah id rather stick to mein kampf, cucky.

Edgy kid calls everyone a phony.

Please, enlighten us...

R9K: The Book

It was nothing. It was a book about some teenager going off on his own, trying and failing at everything he does. He fails to beat up guys in school, he fails to finish school, he fails to have sex with a prostitute, he fails to realize his dream of molesting children in rye fields, he fails to have a successful date with a girl, he fails to make a trip through a museum entertaining in the slightest, he fails to be a good big brother to his little sister, and he fails to rebel against his parents in the end because he goes home. It's a stupid, shitty book on the same level of Harrison Burgeron.

>Jerome David Salinger was born in New York City, on New Year's Day, 1919. His father, Sol Salinger, sold kosher cheese, and was from a Jewish family of Lithuanian descent,[9] his father having been the rabbi for the Adath Jeshurun congregation in Louisville, Kentucky.[10] Salinger's mother, Marie (née Jillich), was born in Atlantic, Iowa, of Scottish, German, and Irish descent,[11][12][13] but changed her name to Miriam and considered herself Jewish after marrying Salinger's father.[14]

Heh, imagine that

This is the true patrician choice in High School Literature.

It's about degeneracy.

and phonies.

Ironically enough it's a book about the kind of people who become Sup Forumsacks like us, except it's set in the 50's so there is no internet or post-irony, which means the mc has little self awareness.

It's basically about a kid who wanders around pissed off about normies and how fake society is. His accusations of "phoniness" are pretty much the same as our pointing out degeneracy.

There's a great irony about people on Sup Forums shitting on Holden. Most of us would have been similar to him if we had lived pre-internet.

>(((Salinger)))

Yeah that's one of the first htings to learn about him before you read his novels or short stories; he's basically a jew fed up with himself, the goys, and the jews. He sees little difference.

i prefer to think of myself as a skinnier ignatius reilly

fish always represent normites in univrtsal tongue though

It's literally a book designed to laugh at people like you.

>There's a great irony about people on Sup Forums shitting on Holden. Most of us would have been similar to him if we had lived pre-internet.
Yeah I'd also probably be beheading people and screaming Allah Ackbar if I had lived in the Middle East a thousand years ago. So what?

It's really not that complicated.

Holden starts the story as a spoiled /r9k/ edgelord and ends the novel (24 hours later) as having a better grasp on what direction he wants his life to take.

The title "catcher in the rye" is the future calling he will have in society. Possibly wanting to help kids and teens in some way. Or shield them somehow.
He feels protective over his little sister and doesn't want her to see the ugliness in the world. i.e. the pimps and prostitutes he meets.
So this makes him come to the realization that he wants to help people in life and stop his edgelord fedora ways.

Again, it's not a masterpiece, but if you think it's just about a kid whining, then I don't know what to tell you.

Harrison Bergeron basically spelled out the mess that SJWs and their PC-minded cultists have made for us today.

>Holden starts the story as a spoiled /r9k/ edgelord and ends the novel (24 hours later)
What? The book doesn't take place in one day.

The entire novel takes place in real time over roughly a 24-36 hour period.

Oh no. I get it. But it's still a book about a whiney teenager going through adulthood.

If I wanted to experience that as a teenager, I'd get a job. Literally the world's most pointless book. Even more pointless than that one book with one letter repeated over and over again

An edgy teenager that does stupid things

So basically, it's a book about a loser.

its about a teen who doesn't like change or grownups
the main character has alot of

I think the mistake is assigning this book to be read when you're a teenager.

>Here, kids. Read about this asshole. He's just like you! I bet you can relate!
It's pretty condescending. So it turns a lot of teens off it.

It's much more effective if you read it (or re-read it) when you're in your 20s.

self-hatred and wishes to find a way to stop time and keep other children from growing up to protect their innocence

The book is set in 1949, it's about a boy who is still depressed about his brother's death and his fear of growing up.

CRAAAAAWWWLLING
IIIIIN MY
SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

It's about your culture entering Anglo nations

The best scene in the book is when he goes to the bar to meet that guy who's an acquaintance and they have nothing in common and no idea what to talk about.
And how he brags about having an Asian girlfriend because he thinks it makes him sophisticated.

And then meeting that girl who is hanging out with guys, but looking around the bar distracted as if she's looking for a better offer of people to talk to.

Shows that people have been boring and self-absorbed long before Twitter and Facebook existed.

OK, I'm done now. I just realized that this thread has nothing to do with Sup Forums. I'm sleepy.

But yeah, it's a decent book.
Not brilliant, but not a bad book either. If you don't get it, you're probably one of the people Salinger was criticizing.

Oh wait... that's to catch a mockingbird.

Pretty much does. He goes on "vacation" only for the weekend.

What did kids read in highschool in the 40s before this book was written?

Exactly, it's told from the loser's perspective.

dude phonies lmao

It's sexual tension the book.

I think it takes place over a weekend?

It's supposed to make you hate teenagers.

Holden Caulfield is a proto-numale and autistic cuck.

*yesterday

The part where he rapes his sister was kinda fucked up. most people miss it because it's subtle.

Jane Eyre.

Probably the least erotic portrayal of paedophilia in literature. Not titillating at all, just sordid.