Could you make a good movie from this?

Could you make a good movie from this?

An HBO/Netflix drama would be better

I remember I tried writing a pilot episode, but I Didn't like it so I deleted it never went back to it.

How would you incorporate VATS?

If you're going to make a post-apocalyptic movie why use the Fallout brand?

What other movies have a post-post-apocalyptic setting?

Probably, yeah.

It's basically The Book of Eli crossed with Road Warrior. Thing is, how are you going to get people to go and see it?

This

too bad if it did exist, it would solely focus on Bethesda's Fallout

There's a ton of lore in the Fallout universal that many people are interested in and can easily be made into a series. A Fallout show would be more popular than an original idea.

You probably wouldn't

>Could you make a good movie from this?
You do realize this entire franchise is nothing but an amalgamation of ever post-apocalyptic piece of media ever, right?
Why would you want a movie that's entirely derivative of everything else you have already seen? Stop it asshole.

Fallout isn't cool anymore. The fanbase has become Reddit and normies love it now. It's part of the system now.

I love the fallout games but a movie makes no sense. The plot of the games aren't great. I guess New Vegas is aight but the selling point of the game is the massive world and exploration opportunities

Red Dead Redemption is a better movie concept

Yeah, Bethesda would never give away the movie right if it were to revolve New Vegas, they would decline instantly.

Take advantage of the style of the series, to make it stand out, so as to not make it look like its a generic post apocalyptic movie.

Mad Max

What is New Vegas an amalgamation of? Not being snarky, Im genuinely interested.

Yes. It would have to have sequels though. I would start it following the courier through the mojave making deliveries but the same time show how house, ncr,benny, and legion are putting plans in motion for the fight at hoover dam. The courier himself would not be the main character though, rather the fqctions themselves would take on that responsibility. In the first movie the courier would be making deliveries and finding himself doing oddjobs/side quests. The other factions will be slowly introduced throughout the film through ppl telling the courier be aware of so and so group and motives.

daily reminder that the NCR are degenerates

This but unironically.

How is that a valid response to the question?

For fucks sake, at least make sense if you're going to be a cynic.

This is why you make a movie or series that revoles around an original character and not main ones from the games

That sounds terrible, you'll alienate people who played the game, and you're basically retelling the game's story. Fallout is a big universe with lots of potential to tell an original story.

Well, you basically have to mix cyberpunk and um...dust punk? I mean, what even is it? I'm open to the idea as a genre but it hasn't been tried many times. In spite of it almost always working.

I agree. This post just spells disaster.

>It's part of the system now.
wtf does that even mean?
you sound like a humongous faggot
your pretentious contrarianism is a substitute for actual thinking
youre not smart for saying shit like this
and youre not cool for disliking things regular people like
you have to be underage or some dumbass

This is the dumbest idea ever.

>hurr durr but wut if X was a tv show like muh Game of Thrones!
There's no reason Fallout wouldn't be better as a 2 hour film. You can keep your low production values and filler.

Stay mad sheeple

This. Enough with the GoT shit, not everything needs to be 70% rape scenes

lel ebin trul bruh

>Mad Max
>post-post-apocalyptic
Maybe the first movie, but not the others.

Stay stupid, retard.

Yeah because, if you ever read a dog's dick or whatever it is you do then we'd all be "woke" and have a very merry christmas.

Mate, go fuck yourself.

>being this triggered

Must have hit a nerve there. Must be stressful worrying about fitting in 24/7. All that peer pressure must really take its toll.

How would you cram the DLCs in a two hour movie?

You're the one trying to fit in. What's worse is that you don't see it.

Now can we get back to the topic?

>time stops
>character looks at his pipboy and pressess some shit
>time unstops
>character goes John Wick on the enemies

Micheal Fassbender as Victor and Yes Man

Matthew Perry as Benny

Jensen Ackles As The Courier

Natalie Portman as Sharon Cassidy

Danny Trejo As Raul

Mila Kunis as Veronica

Ron Pearlman as Marcus

Kiefer Sutherland As Ceaser

Tom Hanks as Mr.House

Directed by Ridley Scott

I'm honestly curious, what was your script about?

How does VATS even work?

M I C H A E L
B A Y

The first movie would end with the courier getting the platinum chip and getting shot by benny.

The second film starts where we left off but instead of getting right back on the hunt for benny he takes his time getting his skills back and hunts the mutated animals around goodsprings for a little before realizing he can hunt bigger game for more caps to fund in revenge against benny. He hears of red lucy and hunts for the thorn for a bit until hes got enough caps to find the whereabouts of benny.
This movie would be more focused on the mutations in the mojave strengthening the couriers abilities with the sub stories foucusing on the power struggle for new vegas and how the towns in the mojave thrive on the bare minimums. This movie ends with the courier finally getting even with benny reciting the qoute ring a ding ding.

>Veronica
>no Boone

More than likely, not well in film.

Steve Buscemi as the Courier

Nuka Break was pretty good.

its just a mechanism of the game and wouldnt make sense outside of gameplay
you can do a shoutout to it but doing some bullet time kills but actually be a part of the plot would bring the movie down
thats retarded

Now, I disagree with a lot of what's in there but, you HAVE to feature The Thorn.

No.

Courier should be a cute girl

she always is when I play

>thats retarded
Well it could be done without the slow mo too.

>character gets into a firefight
>quickly runs behind cover
>clicks some shit on pipboy
>gets out of cover and does john wick tier aimbotting

cuck

The third movie wouldnt really be that hard to wrap up. Any directior could follow the games good ending for that. But itd be awsome if dead money could have its own movie following the courier into the hell hole aka the seirra madre

keep your fetishes to yourself

how does that make him a cuck?
u b dumb n shit

Quit your bitching, nigger

of is was forced to implement it i'd have the character venture through a city then all of a sudden everything freezes, the camera pans around the area, swooshes to a crossing ahead of them, where we see a gang of super mutants lie in wait ready to make an ambush
if i had full creative control i would never do anything with it

Cast him.

Bruce Willis

I see what you mean here, but when I see discussions on the topic I think of a movie or tv show that takes place concurrently or in the same location as the game. Red Dead wouldn't really work as a movie because it practically already is one, but a story about some bounty hunter in New Vegas would be amazing, maybe he plays the NCR and the Khans against each other or something like that to make a bigger earning. Shit would be cool

idris elba

>An HBO/Netflix drama would be better
Using "An" when the next word doesn't begin with a vowel...kys sir

>I'VE GOT SPURS THAT JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE

Ethan Hawk.

>john wick runs to cover
>presses some shit on his ipad
>gets out of cover and does john wick shit
retarded

using it like a radar might not be bad
>quick look at the pipboy
>it shows their locations
>he pops out and shoots them real quick

Woody Harrelson

because he's great

Christian Bale

too old but yeah

dude fuck off already
i want summer to be over

Ouch

BIG IRON

ben affleck can do autistic right

Who will play him?

Unironically I can imagine him in this role

>john wick runs to cover
Are you retarded? VATS is literally there for people who aren't very trained gunmen. It'd be a perfect fit for a courier who knows how to use a gun but isn't that great with it.

No VATS, but the main character is a massive Jet head.

lawlz :3

Just digitally insert his from Death Wish into this movie.

>Unironically I can imagine him in this role
idris elba can unironically play any role, you could have him play the role of every character in the movie even the background ones and he'd still pull it off

>Are you retarded?
no but you are
seriously vats would be a dumb thing to incorporate other than a easter egg

Paul dano

D E A D M O N E Y

idris elba

>fag is upset that we are talking about vidya instead of capeshit
wew

>seriously vats would be a dumb thing to incorporate other than a easter egg
It's an assisted targeting system. It could be implemented. Again, it's a good help to even out the odds when you're just a fucking courier with a gun.

FUCK the Sierra Madre.

Same desu.

>aitch

haha, what the fuck though

fallout is not cyberpunk or any punk

it's post apocalyptic retro 50s science fiction

Jason Statham but he has to lose the accent and take some acting classes.

It would be about as gripping as watching someone else play Fallout. In other words, it would suck. The fun of the Fallout games is in the exploration and interactive discovery. That doesn't translate on screen.

BOONE?

I feel the same way.

Nothing good about the games will translate into film. It is in no way something somebody should try to tackle. I don't think it would work.

>implying the movie would be based around the game's story

>how do you make a f:nv game
>DON'T use f:nv's story

?

I bet you let Benny fuck you raw into his matress like the dirty whore you are.

I didn't want to laugh but I did

But it does. You could either do it the Mad Max way or the Book of Eli way. A journey essentially.