DUDE EXISTENCE IS MEANINGLESS LMAO

>DUDE EXISTENCE IS MEANINGLESS LMAO
fuck this show

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501825093980.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

snowflake

everybody just have a good time

*fart* your dad is a fucking piece of shit because he cares about your wellbeing *fart* *belch* I don't give a shit if you die because i have infinite grandkids *burps for 10 minutes straight*

But what if this is true
;_;

shake that

He's not wrong.

why are you so triggered?

Then just fucking kill yourself and get it over with, stop trying to drag everyone else down with you in your pit of dispair.

>DUDE I CANT ACCEPT REALITY
>GOD MADE EVERYTHING LMAO DONT QUESTION IT

your shitposting on this board about a cartoon really meant a lot right

How do people take anything Rick says seriously?
He's clearly a bad influence and says random nonsense every single second. In a way, it's anti-nihilism because Rick is a horrible person.

*tips fedora*
>reality
>meaningless
*tips fedora*
*tips fedora*

>getting easily triggered by a cartoon made for stoners
lmao

>implying no god makes for meaningless existence

>muh snowflake reason for existing is some sand fairy tale from 3k years ago

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501825093980.webm

Meaning is an arbitrary concept, why should that immediately cause us to commit suicide
>if x then y
no,ü that's precisely what meaningless renders void
we will just exist until we won't anymore

Nice post you cuck.

Yeah existence is meaningless but doesn't mean you can make it meaningful to you and make the best of it.

reminder rick and morty actually makes fun of nihilism and atheism

>Mexican intellectuals.

underrated post

Congrats you agree with the show then.

There is no objective meaning in life. Its self made.

explain the meaning of reality then.
take your time.

Isn't Rick shown to be a massive hypocrite though? He desperately prayed to god when he genuinely thought he was going to die, only to revert to nihilism after he managed to save himself. Therefore this DUDE NIHILISM criticism makes very little sense.

>pickle rick is in the house tonight
top tier social commentary

>reddit and memey
yes it's pure garbage

re·al·i·ty
rēˈalədē/Submit
noun
the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.
"he refuses to face reality pickle rick is in the house tonight pickle rick is gunna have a good time"
synonyms: the real world, real life, pickle rick will make you lose your mind, actuality; More

*tips my dick in your ass*

The level of butthurt displayed over this cartoon is off the charts. Talk about hurt fee-fees, damn. Does it need a trigger warning for the autistic?

What are you even trying to say retard? That's a meme from Sup Forums and Pickle Rick isn't supposed to be any kind of social commentary.

seriously unironically not memeing here user if you subscribe to the notion that existence is meaningless and that you're just a spec of dust on a rock surrounded by thousands of other rocks in 'space' then you're brainwashed

thats the definition of reality, not the meaning.

do people pat you on the head a lot and call you "special"?

you seem to think there is an alternative to meaninglessness which is wrong
god exists? we are still meaningless
cthulhu does? yep
no gods? no meaning
solipsizm is real? no meaning
you get the pattern

you remind of me of this kid that never reads books and thinks he's allowed to share his ideas with other people despite how inaccurate, boring, and unoriginal they are

THEN TURN YOURSELF INTO A PICKLE MOOOOORTTTYY

I wouldn't know I don't watch it

Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel that you're important user. I'm sure god loves you and we're all gonna have a great time in the afterlife and not rot away in the ground XD

>'space'
>Lol space isn't real XDD
yeah man

Tell me redditors. If everything is meaningless why watch this show?
CHECK MATE

ITT: People that never sat through philosophy class once in their life talking about philosophy

are you that kid? you sure sound like him

PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

neither did creators if this show lmao

you don't sit through thought

You're right, it doesn't. It's just that nihilistic faggots seem to latch on to this show so the memes just kind of stuck.

it's been thousands of years and philosophy still doesn't really have anything conclusive to say about this

>literally babby's first grasp with existentialist thought

Its like I'm watching a watered down chinese bootleg version of Sartre's philosophy being vomited on my screen

a kid that doesn't read books at least would have his own toughts, not just be an echo of smarter people from the past

Thats not the message though. It's
>DUDE WHATEVER YOU DECIDE YOUR EXISTENCE IS IT WILL BE

nobody on this board has actually seen the show, it's just meme telephone

hello r*ddit

I actually took a masters level philosophy course once as a non-technical elective, didn't understand a word of their thick snobbish jargon- and dropped it a week later

SHIT ON THE FLOOR

>to intelligent for philosophy

Yeah, no shit. Rick is the spitting image of a modern person.

>confusing absurdism with nihilism
>being this upset with a show
just stop. you are not cool or enlightened for badmouthing a well-liked phenomenon. this is coming from someone who only has a passing interest in the show

This

it wasn't like i was completely clueless either, i've read some owkrs of hegel, schopenhauer, wittgenstein, fromm, etc. but the lesson sounded just too gibberish to me

O boy! Oooooweeee! Only 12 hours left until the big reveal ooweee! I sure dont know how Im gonna sleep tonight.O boy! Can barely contain my exitement. oOOooOOweeEEEeee...

>Reality
>Meaningful
*Tips virginity*

Quality posting.

No, it's that existence has no INHERENT meaning, which means that existence has however much or how little meaning you personally assign to it. Life is what you make of it.

wait is pickle rick airing TONIGHT? I thought it aired on sundays?

DUDE alt right larping as a VIRTUOUS religious person because atheistic leftist girls never gave me any pussy in highschool

PICKLE RIIIIIIICK!!!11!ONEONE!

The one on the left is how Rick actually feels all the time, thought, right? As evidenced by his constant "cries for help" and his regular attempts at suicide?

he goes back and forth

He flip flops between the two, doesn't he? Otherwise every episode wouldn't start with him going off to get one thing or another to benefit him materially.

right is absurdism, not nihilism. nihilism argues that life has no inherent value or meaning AND that the construction of meaning by any individual is impossible.

It is true but there no need to be a faggot about it.
Life is meaningless, everything is here because of accidents and random occurrences.

Just enjoy it because you will be dead some day.

I'm pretty sure that he is only inconsistent in that way because he self-medicates with alcohol excessively to escape constantly being in the state on the left.

exactly. /thread

Nah, right is just nihilism if you're privileged i.e. good looking. Of course life seems like a party DUDE JUST CREATE YOUR OWN MEANING if you're privileged. The full brunt of the meaninglessness of life is only experienced by people who aren't privileged. Ugly, unhealthy, unlucky, etc. There's no party to be had, just a bunch of unjust, unfair suffering and then you die.

FUCKING this

Who cares if existence has no meaning, crying and moping about it doesn't help you. Making your life the best it can is what matters. Many people see this. Most famous and successful know it.

that may or may not be true, but creating your own meaning has nothing to do with nihilism. nihilism without adjectives is a rejection of all meaning. Absurdism is all about confronting the absurdity of man's futile attempts to verify any inherent meaning in life by subjectively creating his own

> Most famous and successful

are stupid, undeserving people who are merely lucky in one or more ways.

This show is literally Catcher in the Rye for millennials. Half the people watch this show and find it to be utter trash, other half find it to be relatable and amazing. Then you just have to add a dose of postmodernism and you got:

>BURP GODS NOT REAL MORTY
>BURP LOVE IT NOT REAL MORTY
>BURP MARRIAGE IS A SHAM MORTY
>BURP LOVE IS FAKE MORTY
>BURP HAPPY PEOPLE ARE STUPID MORTY, REAL SMART PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE MISERABLE
>REJECT EVERY OBJECTIVE FORM OF HAPPINESS AKA FAMILY, FAITH, LOVE, MARRIAGE AND BECOME A NIHILIST LIKE ME INSTEAD

I swear I'm waiting for this show to turn to the camera and break the fourth wall at the last fucking second during the season finale and declare that the entire fucking time they've been mocking the fans. It's tailor made for the atheist, high school drop out loser who was never able to form a relationship with someone or even maintain his ties with his family members because he's such an insufferable cunt, and that his misery is a testament to him being smarter than all the other "phonies" out there.

I mean fuck look at the pickle rick shit. That's the epitome of the postmodernist's rejection of objectivism. Why is the joke funny? Because they said it fucking is. And since nothing in this world or this show fucking matters than that's good enough.

Why does it upset people when they say this?

Its a shame you are smart deserving and so unlucky.

fuck forget to reference the violence. It's exactly like Catcher in the Rye. All the shithead teenage faggots in high school loved the book because the protagonist constantly swore. His swearing had no purpose and it was irrelevant but since it was taboo and essentially literaturally graphic than it was good.

>juvenile nihilism

Nihilism is the opposite of juvenile. Only a very small minority of people would ever come to realize those uncomfortable realities at a young age.

Are you really so blinded by your desire to hate this show that you cannot see that they clearly are mocking edgy nihilists?
Are you so thick that a cartoon has to literally wink at the camera for you to get it?
The active butthurt that you guys nurture and feed for this show is really fucking weird.

This site is the most egregious example of this phenomenon anywhere though.

>His swearing had no purpose
It was a defining part of his character.

They're only lucky cause they take risk at any opportunity and land in the right spot

there are three of these fucking threads.

There's a difference between nihilism proper and the nihilism pushed by modern media

Nietzsche's version said that you had to improve yourself and create your own purpose in life, the commercialized version is literally "Stop worrying, nothing matters, just relax and consume don't worry everything is awesome."

It's from 2017 years ago you fucking retard.

The nonexistance of God doesn't mean there isn't an objective reality or overall purpose

It's juvenile in the sense that it is a belief commonly held by edgy teenagers, rarely adults. Although some compelling philosophical arguments for different forms of nihilism have been made in the past, most mainstream philosophers today do not subscribe to it.

What is the point of going out of your way to actively be butthurt by this cartoon sitcom? Seriously... just don't watch it and move the fuck on.

>OBJECTIVE FORM OF HAPPINESS AKA FAMILY, FAITH, LOVE, MARRIAGE
hm......

probably because the western is having a backlash against all the postmodernism. I mean fuck even Sup Forums is christian and believes in family values now

>Implying the viewerbase isn't exclusively autistic

which is _____ ?

>OBJECTIVE FORM OF HAPPINESS AKA FAMILY, FAITH, LOVE, MARRIAGE
lol

The amount of seething rage underlying all these posts is off the charts. The show needs a trigger warning for the autistic, it's too much for them.

Do you have any evidence for that claim? I've never heard of a teenager being nihilistic, maybe exceptionally intelligent ones. It's far more likely for an adult to be nihilistic because they don't have the rose colored glasses and delusions of youth, or the false belief that things will get better to give them hope. Nor do they have the stupidity and naivety of youth that causes people to believe in nonsense like religion or spirituality, which give false meaning. Aware adults realize the best times are already behind them and they didn't even know because they weren't great at the time. Nothing separates people other than luck. The world is an unjust, horrible place. etc.