How bout a RWBY thread...

How bout a RWBY thread? Today I just started my Digital Art class in College and found out that my teach also taught Monty Oum at one point. Still sucks that he died though.

It's shit. Looks like you're gonna be, too.

I wish I could make cool shit like Monty Oum did. I always get goosebumps when I watch the RWBY trailers with the super choreographed fight scenes and what not.

So is every thing on cartoon network we still have threads for those

Who /theone/ here

So any new Grimm you guys hope to see in the coming volume?

What business did Monty have near a college?
Didn't he drop out of high school?

RWBYg in one image

I gotta question about the animatiom for the first two volumes of RWBY. I heard that Monty did most of it by himself, is that true? Or did he just do key frames? Cause I the animations flips in quality from two to three. It went from idle/casual animation being subpar while the fights were great to good idle/casual animations being good while the fights losing a lot of charm and flash they had before.

From what I read yeah he did but I'm in a community college so he probably got in through other means. Turns out he was born in the capital of my state too so go figure.

>my teach also taught Monty Oum at one point.
Isn't Monty self taught and dropout of high school? Assuming your teacher has always been a college teacher they might be lying.

I thought so too but like I said in I'm gonna take her word for it.

He went to community college. They accept anyone if you got the money.

>51 days

Monty did do a lot of the animations himself, I think he especially loved doing the fight animations, the man would sleep in his workspace and get back to animating when he woke up, man was an animation machine

Look, I'd really hate to speak ill of the dead, ESPECIALLY if they were good people but Monty should have stayed in RvB. RWBY is painfully mediocre outside of the action

IN MY OPINION.

Feels like BS but whatever I guess

I also agree with you. most of the action people get all excited for I don't really care for but I guess that's because it's not my cup of tae

deflating cigar

I liked that spartan girl. Is she coming back from the dead this season?

inflated lungs

Why does one guy have a long neck? Why is there a head in a flower pot? Where is there a cartoon Predator? AND WHY IS ROBOCOP HIDING THERE?!

MERC DIDN'T DO NUFFIN

Right as fuck on that and I've only been in college for two days. Speaking of that one student in my Digital Art class was deported from some place called Lao or whatever awhile back he said. Had a military cap on so I guess there was a war there or something and I'm gonna lean towards yes cause he seemed to have some screws loose and had to walk on a cane cause of a fucked up leg. Seemed like a nice guy but I gotta admit I felt uncomfortable

Probably not. Unless the Fall Maiden shit has an Avatar mode where you can talk to previous Maidens. And that's if Pyrrah got the little bit of power she did.

Is that an answer?

Flashback

Can't irk the Merc, She;s judging you, Ruby's friend Predator is a force meme that we all kinda grew use to, Penny's role model

If Monty wanted to go full anime he should have a made a sports anime about Grifball.

No, its a reference. though to answer your question, all of those are references to RWBYg back when volume 3 started or during the hiatus.
Someone made an edit of mercury in episode 1 with a long neck that became a thread meme.
They needed a place to put winter's head since they were running out of room.
something to do with ruby having a pet predator
Robocop involved penny or just protecting cuteness. I don't remember honestly.

The only reason you SHOULD be watching RWBY is for the action (and the waifus) so

Why won't these people let the predator play his online game?

Not him but I watch it because I like 2-3 characters and one of this is MIA

Monty worked himself to the bone for this show, S1 has the highest amount of Monty control, S2 is also pretty high but the difference between his stuff and stuff done by the B team animators is very noticeable.

He passed away very early into S3's production cycle so ultimately there is a very noticeable drop in quality for the majority of it, and the sneak peak for S4 seems to indicate the quality isn't going t go back up anytime soon.

It's not like RVB is any better, they really should have killed that show while they had the chance.

Stuff like Cinder/Pyrrha, Yang/Merc, and another I'm missing (not Winter/Qrow, that shit is what made me drop v3 the first go around) were decent enough from the season, but yeah shit's definitely lower quality.

On the other hand, the narrative seems to be getting """""better""""" (as in, shit is actually happening now) so it's fine (not really).

I'd feel better about the narrative if Miles's style of writing wasn't "have something happen episode 1, have something happen midway, finale with a post credits scene" over and over.

Nothing happened at all in volume 1 aside from Blake being a faunus and setting stuff up for volume 2. but yeah, pacing is RWBY's biggest failing by far.

real shame grimm eclipse is a garbage ass game. a proper RWBY action game would be the tits.

Neo for best girl

I want to Reese her Chloris

I unironically miss RWBYg

that's weird

so do i user, so do i.

Anyone have that image of everyone who died or was injured in the series shopped into the scene where yang looses and arm?

Dare I ask what RWBYg was

RWBY general, A relic of a lost time

an amazing place of wonder and hate.

Sounds like I missed out on a good time

It didn't look completely garbage last time I saw it, only real issue I saw was how the Grimm animation looked but still not awful

Do you think she'll escape her father and run away, or that she'll be rescued, if so by who?

Boop

hows the action, Sup Forums?

i assume its Oum so its good

>Nothing happened at all in volume 1
>forgetting the Jean bullying arc
God I hate Volume 1 so fucking much.

I hater Jaune.

I can't look for RWBY fanfic without excluding him as a character because he's so terrible.

He took his inspiration from shit like naruto. So it's shit

I want to forcefully do lewd things to Weiss!

Not like the bullying arc went anywhere. Sure if it made him progress and become more competent/confident, but unless you are the main four of the group, you get the short end of the stick.

RWBY is shit. SHIT!

>Sure if it made him progress and become more competent/confident

Likewise but to the Rubes

A Rubes picture I've never seen before! Danke!

literal perfection

I really find it hard to believe anyone that is passionate about either animation or storytelling could enjoy this garbage.

It's like someone printed out TV Tropes' 'anime' page, stuck the pages to a corkboard and threw darts, and then decided to 'animate' it in fucking Second Life.

It's pretty good for the first two volumes. Volume 3 was fucking disappointing, which compounds in the fact that it's centered around a fighting tournament. The final fight in the finale was just bad. At moments I half expected two health bars to appear and a menu as to what action Pyrrah did next with how they framed some shots where no action happened.

You can enjoy low quality things while still being a connoisseur of the arts, pretending to hate things you enjoy is just a childish way of living

I love the character design and the fan work is miles ahead of show.

Nice, i did not have that Cinder

Old ladies deserve love too.

>Young enough to pass for a student
>Old
Shame on you

Rigorous workout, make up and good genes go a long way, but she's still an old lady.

You take that back

BEST BUDDY DID NOTHING WRONG

really hope merc doesn't get redeemed

Late, but here it is

It's true

>that Cinder bikini cosplay shot Nigiri did
Is there a webm of it? Shit needs to be in a museum.

I gotchu

That fucking gryphon

Based user.

Didn't he laugh in Ruby's face when Penny got offed? No way he comes back from that.

It was just a prank bro

He just needed to give her a reason to fight

How does this make you feel, Sup Forums?

meh, at least she comes through with stuff.

everyone knows monty would not support that cancerous show.

She's using her talents to make a living. Nothing wrong with that.

What she lacks in being an interesting villain she makes up for in being hot

I thought he never watched Naruto?

worse, he took inspiration from SAO and Soul Eater

Rubes is not for fug