My name is Terra. I have done terrible things. And I have absolutely no regrets

My name is Terra. I have done terrible things. And I have absolutely no regrets.

Hi, my name is Terra.

And welcome to Jackass.

Every iteration of her would be made better if she was hanging from a tree

Why don't you go back and fuck Slade?

>*cues instrumental of "Corona" by Minutemen*

I had the biggest fucking crush on Terra as a kid. I still remember when the first episode was airing and my friend was like HOLY SHIT TERRA'S BACK.

admit it , you would still fuck her.

>look for anything Terra related
>it's the cartoon Terra

It hurts liking The Judas Contract and Terra II.

>He doesn't still have a crush on best girl
Pleb scum pls kys

Do you think this would have lead anywhere if the show continued?

I thought she was a cunt and I really wanted BB to push her shit in.

I wish she got stuck as that statue.

>liking The Judas Contract
What do you like about it? I was introduced to the character through the cartoon, so hated the story when I went back to read it because I couldn't view it objectively.

What did they mean by this?

What's this?

It's literally one of the most iconic 1980s comic arcs, dude.

the after credit stinger from Justice League vs Teen Titans, Terra shows up for half a second

HD release FUCKING WHEN

Tumblr.

If they cared about her at all, no. It was too conclusive for them to undo her departure without it feeling like a hack job.

I like to imagine that there's a universe out there where the show got more seasons and Terra joins the team one last time to help fight the last boss in the final episode, though.

You NEVER stick your dick in crazy.

If it was, it wouldn't sell well.

Being iconic doesn't make something good.

would buy

>If it was, it wouldn't sell well.
>would buy
lol

I have numerous issues with how Terra was treated but I like the arc nevertheless. I wanted an animated film adaptation but now I don't because it won't be accurate.

Sup Forums doesn't represent the demographic with the power to determine executive DC decisions and you know it

>won't be accurate
Because of the jailbait sex? What did that actually add to the story, though? It was just to drive home how shitty Terra is, and there's lots of ways to do that.

What? No, I meant they'd probably add a bunch of characters who weren't in it and set it in the 2010s.

Terra's relationship with Deathstroke was meant to demonize her, but it also showed she felt affection for people.

God damn She was such a horrible person and that "Oh I just want to be left alone and no I don't want to pay for the crimes I did and the trust I betrayed" pissed me right the fuck off as a kid
Still pisses me off, god I hate her

Man what was even up with that outfit? It's like, the upper chest part makes sense, it's basically armor and it has that whole nervous system link thing, and it even includes practical things like elbow pads and knee pads. But then the bulk of it is made out of bandages for some reason, and she's not wearing any pants.

>He thinks sociopaths with daddy issues and no empathy can feel affection for people

You don't think separating herself from the friends who had forgiven her was her self-inflicted punishment?

If the only people she hurted was her friends but no. She help took over a city and she if she really did care about them she would have gone to them but she didn't she hide like the god damn horrible person she is

that goes without saying

I fucking loved this girl as a kid. She was my waifu, probably the most out of the other TT girls, which was amazing, because that show already had Starfire and Raven.

Always did really like that design too, and it always stuck with me. And I liked how they set her up as a rival to Raven too.

>that whole Raven vs. Starfire scene in the mud
>that whole episode where she confronts each of the Titans separately
>that Robin vs. Terra fight where he tries to talk some sense into her

That was the fucking shit.

Would they make a happy family, Sup Forums?

It was the hair, wasn't it? Always liked Terra's long hair, especially when it went over her eyes.

I hated that episode. Everything about it felt unnecessary. I was thinking maybe the random villain was somehow connected to that Terra, but nope.

Ah fuck, it probably was the hair. I have a thing for girls with bangs over one eye. It's always been a look that did it for me.

I knew she was the "bad guy" and basically irredeemable but dammit, I ended up liking her a lot anyway. Maybe it's my thing for girls with problems. Always wanted her to have her own arc where she redeemed herself and became actually "good" while being totally rejected by most of the Titans. Always wanted to write a mini or something in the actual comics where she comes back for real and tries to do some actual good, while still being conflicted as hell.

Doesn't Deathstroke describe this Terra as a sociopath who hates everyone?

She and Robin would make a great apprentice pair

Those weren't even people, though, they were plot devices. There's no crime there.

Slade is an atrocious father.

Her design was a plus, but even if she had her derp bobcut from the comics, her personality was 11/10 for me.

Why trust a pedophile?

You should fuck Kitaro.

I like the comic. Tara the best. Why? Because she wasn't a scare confused girl like in the cartoon. She was a 100% genuine murderous psychopathic cunt! No one could save her, she was just plain evil. And that was fine. God forbid we have an actual female villain.

>Being iconic doesn't make something good.
Only people who think this are sjws who find shit like Watchmen and The Killing Joke to be "Problematic" and newfags who's first exposure to this character was the watered down version of The Judas Contract that the did for the animated series. Same kinds who find out the comic version of Starfire was always pretty sex positive and not the adorably naive waifu from the cartoon and say she's "slutty".

Also being good is a big part of what makes something "iconic" else nobody would remember it!

Why didn't batman just appear and beat the shit out of all them

You can't show rape on a kid's show

I gave my brother a penny slug

but somebody snitched on me

I spilled some ink on mommy's rug

but somebody snitched on me

did she really kill innocent bystanders? judging by the desolate streets and some buildings.

And that makes you special... how?

If incest is your thing, maybe.

>and she's not wearing any pants

that just makes it easier for her to rape her victims

I never watched the entire arc, why was she such a cunt?

Terra was a shit villain tho

It boils down to years of being on the run, scared of powers she can't control and feeling like she can't trust anyone and vice versa.

She tried making a connection with the Titans but mistakenly believed they thought she was dangerous and out of control, so she ran off, more hurt by the experience than ever.

She runs into Slade who says he can give her control and nurtures all the years of rage and paranoia she's built up, encourages her to let loose and be destructive, forget about friends and instead embrace being feared.

Terra, desperate to get control of her life and be accepted in some form, buys Slade's bullshit 100% and acts like a remorseless, coldhearted villain in order to please him and make herself feel in control for once.

She betrays and fights the Titans and claims she has no regrets, but when Slade starts pushing her too hard and she starts chaffing, he quickly reveals that he doesn't care about her and just used her as a pawn. Now she's trapped being in a situation where she has no control over her life at all.

So the long and short of it is she was trying to be something she wasn't in order to escape the pain of what she was. Teen angst and identity issues ramped up to eleven, like those kids that drink and smoke and sleep around to prove they're grown up and mature while their life goes to shit, but they try to convince themselves they don't regret their choices.

Sad, really.

Terra's end may have well just been her quickly saying "IACCEPTJESUSCHRISTASMYPERSONALLORDANDSAVIOR-YESMADEIT!"

to summarise; couldn't control her powers the first time she showed, tells beast boy and makes him promise not to tell, goes on a Slade mission, lost control, robin finds out and tells her not to worry, she freaks out and blames BB, runs away, returns, slade uses drill to try to bury the T-Tower, raven senses something off when terra passes by her, terra saves tower with the titans, raven then shrugs it off, terra gains trust of entire team, two episodes later, terra gives slade information(schematics, weapons, gadets) to slade, some BBxTerra Shenanigans in a carnival, tower under siege by slade foot soldiers, slade shows up in the ferris wheel cart of BB'n'Terra, House of Mirrors cliché, Terra then feels the heavy burden of guilt, asks beast boy for forgiveness, and gets turned down. Full on darkside the nex time we see her

>that's so cool! Neither do I!

can DC's Steel do anything against her?

Hey don't shit on her. She did what was fair. She tried to be a decent person in an indecent time.

That sounds absolutely stupid. You can tell how stupid it is when Go! reverted Terra back to what she is: plain evil.

In the show, it's like Slade Wilson is a domestic abuser.

She's not. The only people who really hate her are butthurt RavenxBeastBoy fans. Terra was a young girl who was mentally raped by a deranged old man and people blame her for it.

This is why I always liked the cartoon version a lot. I get that the comic book version is scary as hell and all, but the cartoon version is a little more complex than that.

It concluded her arc and taught us more about her character. They could have ended it with the magic rock shit but this had more of an impact and actually felt real.

You sound like you don't understand narrative very well. It was probably the best arc in the entire show.

Also she isn't evil in TTG because they thought the other character is "stupid" she's evil because her entire TTG character is a joke based on the original cartoon's character.

I can understand people sympathizing with cartoon Terra, but comic Terra was totally evil even without Deathstroke's intervention.

There was nothing remotely "complex" about the animated version.

The cartoon version of cartoon is objectively a more complex character. That's what he meant.

cartoon version of the character*

But yes it is complex. Terra's character is multi dimensional and loaded with conflict, therefore complex in a narrative sense.

I sympathize with teenagers from broken childhoods to turn to the dark side out of desperation and hopelessness, so I still pity this version of Terra. Teenagers are kids, and kids need guidance. If they don't get the proper help they personally need for their situation, they lash out. Terra to me represents all of those forgotten kids in the world that society turns their back on, pushing people away and leaving chaos in their wake, falling in with the wrong people (in her case, abusive older men) even if deep inside they are desperate to be loved.

>no Batdad swooping in beat up the guy trying to replace him

Well we can blame Robin and Beast Boy for her finally going jerkass.

>tfw there weren't more Robin and Red X (Jason Todd?) moments
>tfw no more Jinx and Wally moments beside the only episode

So while Ron Perlman Deathstroke is not the kind of person you want as a daddy, what about the comic one? I heard he's a great family man.

Nah, being a shit father is a consistent thing with Slade. Though in comics he's not "le pure evil man", he's just an asshole and didn't do a great job as a father because he probably never wanted kids in the first place. But he does care for his kids.

Why didn't they just chase after her when she freaked out and ran. It seems so ridiculous that they wouldn't.

And then, after they discover that Slade got into her head, why didn't they have a little more compassion toward her. She could have quit being his apprentice sooner but instead Beast Boy just turned her away. Robin was Slade's accomplice too but they all forgave that so easily because they knew that Slade was manipulating him, and yet they didn't use this same obvious logic with Terra.

I like TT as a group but the whole Terra debacle did leave a sour taste in my mouth with how quickly they turned on her.

Terra is just like them. She is what they would have been if they didn't have each other, and it frustrates me that they were to immature and blind to see that.

They're kids, dude. After the emotional impact of being betrayed by the girl he likes wears off BB he convinces the rest of the titans to give her another chance, which Robin ends up trying to do.

But yeah, BB was a little harsh at first.

>Robin was Slade's accomplice too but they all forgave that so easily because they knew that Slade was manipulating him
Don't forget that the Titans also discovered why Robin was Slade's accomplice (aka: killer-nanites in their bodies).

And indeed. If they were as understanding as they were with Robin (and if Robin didn't blab out the whole problem of Terra) then it would've ended differently.

But that's teens for you.

yeah but Robin was a lot closer to the team than Terra who was literally just some random girl they found in the desert

Oh well. What happened cannot be undone...unless time-travel shenanigans. But then there is a chance it will instead spawn a divergent timeline.

Beast Boy was smitten with her and they all were pretty much ready to accept her as one of their family after a day. Robin even offered to make her a Teen Titan. I have to resist the urge to scream "Go after her!" every time.

>I have to resist the urge to scream "Go after her!" every time.

I think we all do user...

So accuracy?

Because batman was busy raising a new robin. This robin was to old for batmans taste

>chaffing
You mean literally beating the shit out of her.

>I have a thing for girls with bangs over one eye.
Same, it's super hot. In any fiction, if hair over one eye is part of the character design, it makes her a cut above the rest no pun intended in terms of visual aesthetic.

>Deathstroke's Sexual abuse
FTFY

to answer, I think they'd be an alright family

Robin and Terra do make an interesting pair

>was to old for batmans taste

KEK

new 52 terra had the best design hands down

>nex time we see her

>Not using question marks

Slade already has three kids and they all turned out GREAT

>who's first exposure to