What the fuck happen to these DVD covers?

What the fuck happen to these DVD covers?

Less details, less cost in the printing, easier to edit, and is more straightforward for the catch of the eye of the general public

Gestalt law: focus point+few elements=direct message

Disney does the same thing. I think they look pretty good.

It's not fair, holografic effects are aways cool

Not really

DELETE THIS

Where did you get those? I'd absolutely love to buy some.

Are you okay in there Hercules?

DELETE YOURSELF

It can be done right when they give a shit. Too bad they don't most of the time.

Aladdin looks poorly drawn.

I think they might be OOP now. HMV had them on offer last Christmas, 2 for £15 if I remember right. Stocked up since Disney is usually so expensive.

All good except Sword in the Stone, which might be the worst blu-ray transfer I've ever seen. Pic related.

Disney's restorations are a mixed bag. Always look up reviews/screenshots before buying anything from them.

Why didn't they just use that itunes version if they weren't going to give a shit?

It looks like Quasimodo is holding up Mowgli to give Arthur a better chance to impale him up his diapered ass.

DNR was the bane of blu-ray restorations for years. Think rather than not giving a shit it's executives who don't know anything about film thinking "GRAIN = BAD" and demanding it be removed entirely, at the expense of all detail in the image.

It hardly ever happens any more (we're well past the days of everyone in Predator looking like a wax model of themselves), so I was surprised this one was so spectacularly shit.

They were not forced anymore to make them look like posters, which is alright with me.
Unified look and makes it appear more like the product of the same company.
Even if the characters are ugly in most cases.

No. They really didn't give a shit.

Here's what Dumbo, a movie made over 20 years earlier, looked like on blu-ray. They removed the grain but also kept the detail and clarity of the image. With Sword in the Stone, they just ran it through a filter and called it a day.

Holy fuck I'm mad

>mfw i still have my holographic slammer

>Slammers will never make a comeback

Ever heard of thpse soviet photos were people are progresively edited out as they're executed/incarcerated until only the glorious leader is left?

Yeah, me neither comrade

>thpse soviet photos