Are you ready to admit that season 7 and onward is awful?

Are you ready to admit that season 7 and onward is awful?

Uh, season 7 was the tits.

I'm on s7 right now, its great your an idiot

So what if Season 7 onward was relatively bad? It was still better than 99% of the rest of tv.

season 7 ends with the Antarctica fight, re-watching now the entire season has been great, not one boring ep so far

7 is great

Even 8 is great

>season 7

Was that the season when they meet overpowered bad guys, get their asses kicked, then Daniel Jackson tells an ancient myth that turns out to be an Ancient super weapon, they spend the rest of the season looking for the legendary super weapon and finally find it in the season finale to beat the bad guys?

7 has great stuff. Maybe a bit less comfiness than previous seasons but it's still top tier.

I like when the super soldier gets swallowed up by the glowing stream of mac and cheese

anubis, OP soldiers, OP motherships, ba'al, lost city etc, yea thats all season 7

They're more of a glowing squid.

Are you ready to admit that season 6 and backward is awful?

Asgard beams seem like a way better bang for their buck

>no wacky Ancient recliner sofa required
>anyone can use it, no gene fuckery needed
>don't need even need a ZPM to run them, conventional power systems work
>unlimited shots as long as you've got power
>can destroy a Wraith hive ship in 2-3 shots, likely cripples with just 1
>probably takes out a Goa'uld mothership in a single hit
>destroys Ori ships in a single attack run
>can shred Ancient/Asuran ships
>only time they don't kick ass is when the enemy has magic plot devices like a ZPM-powered hive ship or the Lucians find a way to adapt

They should have put some of these shits on Atlantis

The thing I loved from this show was seeing humanity going from present day and getting tech and advancing.

Any other shows like that?

The later model naquadah generators were able to power the drone chairs. The advantage the drones had were just ignoring shields and can keep going even after plowing through a ship.

S7 and 8 weren't great, but I still consider them proper canon as opposed to 9 and 10 which don't even exist to me.

S8 ended things perfectly for the team and the main story arc involving the System Lords and even the Replicators. Everything afterward is just fanfic-tier faggotry.

not a lot of shows have the same sense of progression as stargate

now see thats not right either, none of the seasons are bad, I'd nominate s3 as the worst and that still has some great eps

I loved it from start to finish.

One of the worst two-parters in the entire show is with O'Neill, it's "Moebius" where they go fucking time-traveling in a puddlejumper and create causality errors and plotholes that demean the show's own writing.

The Ori were good. Farscape gruesome-twosome were good. Orici was good.

The real decline u see in the last 1.5 season of Stargate Atlantis (Before that it was great).

Then you get the unholy SGU of shit, a terrible BSG ripoff with characters you don't care about.

SG1 = SGA S1-3 > SGA S4-5 >>>>> (A thousand year of FTL travel) >>>> SGU

This is irrefutable.

It's not AWFUL, just ok and bit boring.

They thought mobius would be the last episode so they had fun with it. I like that two-parter. I always enjoy alter Daniel and Sam

isn't moebius the one where the world knows about the stargate and the prometheus is air force 1? their was nothing wrong with that ep

the original SG team died in that ep

now that i remembered the rest of the time travel eps, i'm pretty sure they 'died' at least 7 times.
fucking time travel, man

lol really? but they didn't really cause technobabble, I can't remember it that well it'll be a few days until I get to it, I guess i'll take your word for it

I found it funny how Jackson getting killed became a joke in the SGC.

I still really liked season 3

mobius was great if you ignore the fact that the team gets killed :(

GOOLD?

Me to but like I've said in a few threads now, on rewatch its the weakest imo, still haven't finished yet so I'm reserving final judgement but yea so far s3 was the boringest

I would watch Claudia Black watch paint dry.

It really does have some golden moments, but I understand why anyone would see the overall quality to be sub-par. I had hopes of a cool wrap up of old conflicts. And the story with the space gangsters that caused so much trouble was never finished. And maybe they could go clean up some of the messes from earlier episodes like the black hole episode with the slowly dying SG team, so yeah.. I would have preferred they go back to the conquered human worlds and plant the flag basically, build up earth as a galactic power before sending a lone ship to Pegasus and fuck with the Wrathe.

jackson is resurrected by the sarcophagus like 7 times during seasons 1 and 2

>the story with the space gangsters
yes it was its called spacerace

It already starts to get repetitive after S3. They built Sokar up to be the most evil fucking Satan tier Goold you could imagine beforehand and then they complete shit on it all and dispose of him in the laziest way possible. And then they have the audacity to hype an even more badder and eviler Goold than all others combined with Anubis. Really boring arcs later down the line.

Standalone episodes like A Matter of Time or Message in a Bottle are so much better because at least they use the Stargate to explore and find cool shit.

anubis seemed to be the continuation of the sokar plot, what annoyed me more then anything was the way apohpos was taken out, he was THE bad guy for so much of it and then, lol replicators fuck you

what type of retard likes this show

all types

i liked the episodes with the weird aliens, like the one when it was just one alien dude colonizing the planet with a big spaceship

I wish the Reetou had come back.

yea me to, and they were mostly invisible so its not like it was a massive drain on budget,

Anubis was awesome.

only the most retarded like myself

possibly my favorite one-off villain

they would have been fun to sprinkle in during seasons 9 and 10 when the well was getting really dry with the lucians and ori

hell, so little was known about them they could have included them in atlantis

they would have had no motive at that point, their whole shtick was killing humans to stop the goold, they would've had no point after the goold was defeated, they should have shown up s7 and 8

It was dumb as fuck they never had the Stargate program revealed publicly. That could had had tons of great material especially when S9/10 they were clearly out of ideas.

agreed should've happened end of s8, would've made s9-10 much more interesting

Nah I'm sure they wouldn't be fans of the Ori

not the same thing, the ori didn't use humans like the goold did, I'm sure their would have been someway to include them tho, like their crazy jihad is done wtf do we do now?
>oh new bad guys
>kill more humans!
>no, no killing humans won't do anything this time
>umm well i mean thats what we do any ideas?
could have worked

>Ori don't use humans
what about those massive crusader armies they raise, or the labor to fuel their war machine, or their devotion to the Ori that grants them their power?

its not the same and you know it, but really bringing them back after their crazy shit is pointless would have been cool, like really wtf do they do now? they were trying to help but in the most fucked up way possible, basically the entire galaxy hates them

i wish the fish people appeared in later episodes..
they had time for six hundred different goold leaders tho

>Apophis
>Hathor
>Sokar
>Osiris
>Apophis again
>Anubis
>Ba'al
>Ba'al
>Ba'al

And how many one-off or near one-off Goa'uld did we get? Must be at least two dozen.

I enjoyed every last one of them

It's actually quite hilarious that the Jonas Quinn season is actually one of the best, if not the best season's of SG-1, despite Daniel being a based character.

Everyone makes the same exact argument for whatever their favorite show is, saying it was better than most other tv shows. I liked season 7 onwards, but come the fuck on, SG-1 is far from high-brow television, I would consider it one of my favorite tv shows of all time but it's far from the best tv show, let alone the best show when it was airing.

WHAT
FATE
OMOROCA

What.

Faith.

Amaroco.

What!

Faith!

you forgot Cronus and Yu, shameful

This is my position too

Stargate isn't very "artsy" with its directing, the performances often aren't top tier, the dialogue is usually nothing special, the special effects can sometimes be pretty dated looking, etc. It's like the very best of the B-tier television that I like so much it masquerades as A+ stuff.

I recognize all of the faults with it and I like a lot of shows that are objectively better, but Stargate is in my top 5.

Yu did more good than bad in any of his appearances. He was practically a pseudo-good guy.

Most of his appearances are just SG-1 or other Goa'uld taking advantage of the poor old guy.

It would have been interesting if they had made him the last Goa'uld standing and he would be allowed to rule over his territory if he promised to abide by some treaty.

they fucked with Yu a lot, poor old guy was their best defense against anubis too

I really liked Yu, wish he had gotten a better sendoff

its a really great season, signs of them coming back are apparent as season 4 closes
1=2>1/2 4=5>6=7>8 onwards >>>s3

So the Tok'ra are all gonna die off in a few decades, maybe a few hundred years tops? How shitty is that. They wiped out the Goa'uld but now their days are numbered.

they just need to find and or make a new queen, or even go back to the homeworld and see if they can deprogram the millions of snakes their

It is interesting how helpful he was to Earth.

Well at least they accomplished their goal. They got to see the impossible the end of the system lords. Now the Asgard situation made me sad. They just blew themselves up to avoid a slow death. Then the Pegasus faction just vanished.

Thor and the rest going was incredibly sad. I can't believe how much I fell in love with a helpful bunch of ayy lmao's

I really liked the final episode. It's hard to imagine how to end that show proper but I think they did a good job.

>when Daniel tears into Vala

Ending a 10 season show with a cult following would really be a bitch but they did the best they possibly could have imo

she is too fucking hot

there is no relevant thread reason for this post please ignore
look pretty decent quality tho eh? fgt

When did she play a vampire.

I like farscape's main actor whatever his name is
but i thought the show went to shit the second Jack got promoted to general and was pulled off SG-1

>old scifi name and symbol
i miss it

yea so season 9, but from what I understand his dad died late season 7, and he just didn't want to act anymore

I too am in the BSG thread

did daniel's grandpa and the mayan aliens ever reappear? or was it at least stated what was going on with them?

if its you i'll post more screenshots, but really their is decent quality dls find them and dl them, stop being such a pleb, that took me 5 mins

oh
thats understandable i guess

hey it wasn't me

just saying if the retard who can't find decent quality farscp eps is around, he's a fgt

you can actually see exactly when he finds out, its during season 7, one ep he is shot from behind stuntdouble almost the entire ep and for the reminder of the series he's kinda checked out

I feel so sorry for RDA but if he had been in SG-1 those final two seasons, they would have been a lot more enjoyable.

agreed, RDA always brought something to the table, even if it was just snark, everytime he called them out on their technobabble was fantastic, shame we lost that, but yea can't blame the guy

No O'Neill = shit episode
It was the same when Daniel Jackson ascended

yea they all ascended

He even ascended once. Forgoing death entirely and becoming a God. The guys got good luck

Ghouls?....

wait what

How many people know about the Stargate program or at least a good bit of it by now? There's got to be tens of thousands around the world. There's the SGC, Area 51, F-302 bases and squadrons, Alpha Site, Beta Site, Gamma Site, etc., Atlantis, Pegasus sites, Icarus Base (temporary of course), and half a dozen ships. BC-304s have a crew of 200. Somebody had to build them and the F-302s and keep them running. There's also mining and resource gathering crews, diplomatic teams, politicians, intelligence officials, and all kinds of support staff.

How has it not leaked?

the entire population of abydos got ascended by skaara and probably oma at the the end of season 6

it leaks all the time, that was one of the reason the airforce encouraged shows like x-treme wormhole

Reminder that the fucking Hammond, a top of the line 304, rolled out years after humanity had Atlantis on Earth, the entire knowledge of the Asgard, and had to run from some Lucian Alliance Ha'taks.

Fuck SGU.

nigger daniel's grandfather was never on abydos
and the abdyosians were never fucking mayan
im talking about the episode with the crystal skull and the fog aliens and daniel's assumed to be insane grandfather, not father in law

well I thought you meant honored father, not his real grandfather, yea that was never satisfactorily resolved

>from some Lucian Alliance Ha'taks

If you remember, Anubis pimped his Ha'taks with ancient tech to be a match to Asgard ships and it's not a big stretch that the technology would spread around.