Story set in the "real" world where ordinary people suddenly get superpowers

>Story set in the "real" world where ordinary people suddenly get superpowers

static shock was good tho

yes.. iz good

>user posts a greentext thread on Sup Forums

>story is set in a world where superheroes/superpowers are so passé that people casually become heroes/villains

I like that concept. Deus ex machina so one person has powers and set them loose on an otherwise untouched world. If you make their powerset correctly, it's fun.

>Story set in the "real" world
>Ordinary people suddenly get superpowers
>For NO FUCKING REASON

There's way too many "look at my superhero OC!" webcomics out there that don't bother giving their superhero an origin story. They just wake up one day and WOAH, POWERS!

Is that the face doug makes when people make remarks about how unfunnt his newer videos are or his fat wife?

>story is set in a world

>its a Troi's mother being a thirsty cougar episode

>it's a story

>young child is brutally murdered by her father

I like the idea, but the only thing I can remember it being used in is LoSR, which is terrible.

Jupiter's Legacy is pretty good though man

>Story set in the "real" world where ordinary people suddenly get superpowers

But this never happened, not in this world at least

Give me street level powers, and I'll determine whether their fit for a one superhero world.

Hey now I think that's a fantastic way to do a comic

BICYCLE REPAIRMAN!

Was Heroes the biggest example of wasted potential in network TV history?

is it any better when it turns out the reason that no one had superpowers before was because supervillains reset the universe and made it so they were the only people with powers, but now the device that maintains this status quo is broken and now other people can get powers?

>he doesn't like superman: secret identity

It's up there.
What else is in the running? I remember hearing Flashforward had the potential to be great, but got fucked by the Writers Strike.

Astrocity?

depends on the execution. I could see that being REALLY good or one of the worst things ever written.

This is kind of the plot to Wanted

and?

pretty much, I think the setting has potential to be a neat action series.
plus my dick becomes diamonds for heroes that have to fight against impossible odds.

>Set in the "real" world where ordinary people get super powers
>People are just extra strength assholes for no real reason

>Edited by George RR Martin

Kek

Up there, but LOST is the reigning champion.

>the only good Troi episodes

If it were the real world, they would use them for money, drugs, and sex.