Has any show ever minimized & basically dropped their main character the way Orange Is The New Black has?

Has any show ever minimized & basically dropped their main character the way Orange Is The New Black has?
I can't think of a single show. It would be like if the sopranos shifted away from tony soprano. Crazy

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hogan_Family
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

White women are NOT our allies

I wouldn't know because I'm not a woman

So what. Call of Duty does this multiple times a campaign.

Grey's Anatomy?

It's going to happen on TWD next season

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hogan_Family

Valerie killed off Valerie after season 2 and the show was then renamed to Valerie's Family. Later it was renamed again to The Hogan Family.

Holy crap, someone else finally mentioned the Hogan Family. I'm being 100% honest when I say I've never seen anyone bring this up except sitcomsonline.

ABC Family or whatever aired this show for about 3 weeks in the late 2000's then never aired it again. I had never seen it nor heard about it before but was definitely intrigued being a huge sitcom fan. I really do like the show and ended up trading for the DVD's of it online.

The show was totally a mess storyline wise. Way too many characters popping in and out, but there were some really good episodes and I love the show.

Thank god for some of the crappy digital old rerun channels now. Now I get to watch My 2 Dads, Father Knows Best and My 3 Sons all the time.

Good Morning Miss Bliss?

>Good Morning Miss Bliss?

Yeah that's a good one too.

one tree hill

Northern Exposure

Alex is best girl

Funny way of spelling "Maritza"

that's more of a reboot since they changed the title, the location, and some of the characters (while adding in others).

That's a good thing. Even though Piper is an excellent antihero, an incredible example of privilege, white guilt, and arrogance, she is far less interesting that the other characters on the show.

The show focuses on a different characters backstory every episode and as the show developed it relegated Piper because other characters needed arcs.

Alex > Maritza > Flaca > > meth heads > the rest

I only watch it for the lezbo sex, and the hope that Laura Prepon will show her tits again

>Has any show ever minimized & basically dropped their main character
Not that I expect anyone here to remember, but Upstairs, Downstairs dropped what seemed to be the main character, Sarah in the 3rd episode.

You spend 3 hours really getting into the period via Sarah only for her to quit her job as a maid and leave right as you get emotionally invested, and then the focus shifts to the other other servants and upstairs.

Its still one of my favorite serialized TV dramas of all time, but her leaving so early was so jarring I almost stopped watching the show entirely. But she comes back off and on throughout the series so its fine.

70s show

Yup def a good one

Season 9 of scrubs went from the girl being the main character to Drew

I remember this show..glass eyed sandy duncan came in to replace Valerie and the Dad was an airline pilot played by one of those likable competent white dad types but he wasnt around that much

Game of Thrones? Ned Stark is the main character of Season 1 and they just kill him off

>not knowing about coy and vance

Dark Matter.

While not technically the main character, the first character you meet is a guy popping out of cryo sleep aboard a ship. Hes eventually named One, because hes the first one awake, everyone has amnesia and they need something to call each other, so they go numerically by when they woke. He is a walking dichotomy of the situation the crew discovers they're in. Over the course of the first season however, they completely obviate his character.

based Ted McGinley

He broke the curse with married with children....and was way better then Steve

It's an ensemble cast and anyone can die.

>Has any show ever minimized & basically dropped their main character the way Orange Is The New Black has?
lmao really?
I watched half of the first ep
>manjaw trashpile white ""woman""
>gayjew husband
>butterface pig lesbian previous lover
and dropped it.

>doesn't even attempt to answer the OP's question
Why even bother posting?

Not the the same guy, but the image he posted was obviously his answer to the op.

Only the first Mad Max film has Max as the focus. 2, 3, and 4 give more dialogue and story focus on the side characters.

Exactly.

the simpsons?

>Starts off as dorky protagonist
>Slowly degraded to a bigger and bigger loser
>Fucks off to Africa while introducing his replacement
>Literally kill his replacement at the top of the next season

Game of Thrones

True Blood did this for a while.