"CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR" DELETED DIALOGUE

Interesting pieces of dialogue collected from different sources like novelizations, animatics and set visits that ended up cut from the movie.

Starting with the biggest ones from the trailer.

>TONY: I was wrong about you. The whole world was wrong about you.

--

>TONY: You just started a war!

>TONY: You just started a war, Captain America! Civil War!

Holy shit, really?

>NATASHA: In Russia, in the Red Room, there were dozens of us. All girls, all young. We lived together. They let us be friends. Then they dropped us in the tundra, two weeks’ walk from home, with just enough supplies for one of us to survive. Steve... Don’t let them push us into the cold.

>STEVE: I heard about your father. I'm sorry. But you're after the wrong man. My friend is innocent.

>T'CHALLA: Innocent men don't run.

>STEVE: I'm sorry about this.

>SAM: This isn't the first time I've been locked in the back of a police truck. Hell, it isn't even the first time I've been locked in the back of a police truck with you. Besides... I've never been to Berlin.

>STEVE: I have.

>CLINT: You know, I spent some time as a zombie. Nothing compared to you, but... I did bad things. And it was me, y'know... Except it wasn't.

>BUCKY: I don't remember what I did.

>CLINT: Well... Maybe you're better off.

>YOURE LETTING THEM KILL MARTHA!

>CHAPMAN: So, are you two serious, or are you risking your entire career for a bit of fun in the sack?

>SHARON: Excuse me?

>CHAPMAN: I may look stupid, but that's just a product of getting punched in the head so many times. I know you tipped Rogers about Romania. You leaked classified information to an unauthorized civilian. I could bounce you back to Langley tonight.

>SHARON: Then do it. But don't you dare question my professionalism. Barnes would've torn your team to shreds. The only reason why he's in custody is because I called the right man for the job.

>TONY: I'm missing my Lamaze class right now.

>STEVE: There's no way I'd let them kill him.

>TONY: If you signed the accords, you wouldn't have to make that choice.

>STEVE: I don't remember it being a choice.

>TONY: Look, you dragged me here. Let me kiss a few asses, smooth this over. We can get Barnes in the system, you two go back to the States, then we can talk about you, the accords, Wanda -

>CLINT: What about Wanda?

>TONY: Nothing, she's great.

>SAM: Then why'd you say it?

>TONY: She might be a little under house arrest at the moment. Vision is just babysitting her until we can work out what to do.

>CLINT: Let her go, that's what you do.

>TONY: She didn't sign the accords. She's not an American citizen. And I'm pretty sure they don't give tourists vistas to weapons of mass destruction.

>RHODES: She's just a kid, Tony.

>TONY: And that makes you more comfortable with her powers? Can you honestly say you trust her?

>STEVE: Right now? A hell of a lot more than I trust you.

>Innocent men don't run
That may have caused some issues

>TONY: Steve...

>STEVE: Don't, Tony.

>TONY: Don't what? Don't try to get you to stop acting like an ass or don't call you an ass in the first place... Oops, too late.

>STEVE: I'm glad someone is enjoying himself.

>TONY: Man, what is it with you? You dress up in the flag, you name yourself after our country, but the minute the actual government asks for some accountability, you go all James Dean. You may be schizo... Or maybe just a tiny bit of a liar.

>STEVE: You pulled your weapons contracts, you sat in front of the Congress and told them they couldn't have your Iron Man technology, because you were the only one responsible enough to use it. Now you're willing to let them turn us into a branch of the military, no questions asked. If you want schizo... Look in the mirror.

>TONY: I cancelled my contracts so that I could stop people from getting killed. Same with giving away my suit. But people are dying anyway, because of me... Us.

>STEVE: War isn't clean, Tony. And no matter how high the tech, it's rarely precise. There's always collateral damage. That's why it's fought by soldiers, not businessmen.

>TONY: That's your problem, Steve. You're still at war. 70 years and you're still in the trenches with your old old rules and ideas. I'm trying to build the future, and you're trashing half of Europe trying to raise the dead.

Came here to post this.

>ZEMO: I know you've lost a great deal, James. And I know it feels like you must bear it alone, but you're wrong. What you feel, others have felt. But that doesn't make it less painful... Loosing everything you hold dear. And then be forced to carry on, as if nothing happened.

>BUCKY: My name is Bucky.

>ZEMO: The impulse to live grips us, doesn't it? It certainly clings to you. Why do you think that is?

>BUCKY: I don't know.

>ZEMO: If you permit me, we endure, even against our will, because we are human. Even you. Look at me. We all have known despair. I have lost hope, more than once, but I am here. Why? Because I have a purpose. And you have a purpose too. You've seen a great deal, haven't you, James?

>BUCKY: I don't remember.

>ZEMO: Maybe you don't want to. Maybe you fear that if you open your mouth and talk about the horrors, you might never stop. But don't worry. You don't have to talk about them all. Just... one. Mission report: December 16th, 1991.

My god these productions are so laaaame, the reason of why the deletted are scenes are mostly bullshit is because they don't aim at doing more.

They are making the same mistake that George Lucas did in the prequels with the boring way in which he shot characters spouting exposition while sitting in a room

That was a good one.

Probably why they cut it.

>I don't remember what I did.

>I remember all of them.

Bravo Russos.

Gee, maybe that's why it was cut.

Come on, now. It's an obvious set-up and payoff. Bucky lies that he doesn't remember, and then during the final confrontation he admits that he does.

Same with Black Panther's line with echoes when he's fighting Bucky in the airport and asks Bucky why he ran when Bucky claims he's innocent.

>BUCKY: You know, Steve, my old man used to love waiting around to watch snow fall. Well, I'm not him, and you know what? They make snow machines now, so it's time I finally own the Winter Soldier.

Caspere knew this.

This was good.

I'll forever be said Vinceposting didn't quite catch on.

They're being way too SAVAGE with each other here. I wonder how different the early drafts were in regards to the conflict.

Jesus christ, that's fucked up. I wish they kept it.

Okay, are you sure they cut that? It seems really familiar. If it wasn't in the movie, it had to have been in a promo clip or something.

I'm pretty sure he said,
>then why did you run?
instead

>TONY: Man, what is it with you? You dress up in the flag, you name yourself after our country, but the minute the actual government asks for some accountability, you go all James Dean. You may be schizo... Or maybe just a tiny bit of a liar.
>STEVE: You pulled your weapons contracts, you sat in front of the Congress and told them they couldn't have your Iron Man technology, because you were the only one responsible enough to use it. Now you're willing to let them turn us into a branch of the military, no questions asked. If you want schizo... Look in the mirror.
Well, now the subtext is explicit. I wonder if normies picked up on this stuff since it wasn't spelled out.

when confronting Bucky I mean

>TONY: Captain America, I'm CIA. Uh, you don't get to bring friends.

>CAPTAIN AMERICA: Bucky's not my friend.

>This was good.
Is it? Some of this is a little too aimlessly argumentative and back and forth imo, doesn't really go anywhere or address the pertinent matter it's just verbal slapboxing to create faux tension.
I can see why it got cut, sometimes it's better to move things along and let the audience interpret and imagine things for themselves from a few remarks rather than have characters spell everything out.
Tony and Steve losing their temper in short bursts when frustrated works
>Sometimes I wish I couldn't--
>No you don't.
>No, I don't. Sometimes--
>Sometimes I wish I could punch you in your perfect teeth.

>Seriously, Tony?! Just when I think you're starting to learn!
etc

Getting inexplicably accusative about their histories is another thing though.
Really? Where is this coming from? This is before the airport fight, Wanda's not in a straitjacket, she's cooking, how does that make Tony untrustworthy? He's pressuring for the Accords but he hasn't done anything hostile yet.

In the cut we got it's less that Steve doesn't "trust" Tony and more that he gets it across he's just disappointed with the compromises he's making. He even tells Sam he doubts Tony would believe them, he doesn't say he doesn't trust Tony at all. I know it's a small thing to nitpick, but the thing is when it comes to dialogue the entire point is to be careful with use of words, they have weight and meaning. If characters are just trying to antagonize each other they come off as a group of angry children.

Which can work, but it is contextual. For example come Team Cap rotting in the Raft that is the time and place to be more bitter and accusative with Tony since they'd obviously need to vent and blame someone involved in getting them locked up.

Shit talking Tony when he's the only person negotiating their release makes no sense.

The impression I'm getting is some of these were cut in earlier drafts where the sequence of events played out differently. I agree about your first point though; their "voices" are there, the dialogue by itself is pretty good, but it doesn't tell any more of the story.

It's from an early draft were the Accords were apparently harsher.

This. The final script is too melancholic for the bitterness of the dialogue.

>just enough supplies for one of us to survive

Fucking hell.

Some of the bluray commentary with the writers is interesting too.

CM: He also wants to hurt Bucky to hurt Steve at this point. Because, you know…
SM: Steve failed him.
CM: You love this thing so much? I’m gonna take it away from you.

>This was good

I disagree. The back and forth is too personal. It runs the risk of framing everything as an argument between Tony and Steve instead of a disagreement on how to handle things.

Damn son

Pretty much. While I'm glad they didn't include it, I fell that it should've been just to make the development from IM2 to CW more apparent and obvious to regular viewers.

That was good.

Cunt move, Tony.

Cap senpai will never notice you.

when is the br release for this and ss?

Wait, they still do novelizations of films? I thought that stopped years ago, except for "A Million Ways To Die In The West" which McFarlane did purely for ironic kitsch

>pre infinity war Thanos quest short
>infinity war pt. 2 climax ends with a group effort of all involved individuals ending with Drax ripping Thanos' heart out
>everyone thinks its all over, finally an ending to capeshit
>Thanos' heart starts beating again on Drax's palm implying that the infinity gems renders Thanos immortal
'Interesting.. Fools taking up arms against omnipotence. rushing head-on into Armageddon. So I shall provide you with a most glorious doomsday! The heavens will run red with blood. But in the end, as always, Thanos will stand triumphant.. Prepare yourselves. For now, I summon...the end.' Thanos says as he dispatches everyone involved
"They have, finally and for all time, shown the galaxy that they are a swarm of irresponsible, unevolved organisms, that must be put down before they destroy us all... There are many actors in this grand drama, and I, Thanos, appear to be the only participant with a full grasp on the situation"
>Thanos laughs as he turns his back from the chaos and shifts his gaze into the cosmos
>The Mad Titans steadily becomes angry and starts cursing at the heavens
"I am finished with you, lady! I have given everything for you-- even been dead, under your sole command! I have been MAD!
>out of the rubble, a single Avenger struggles to stand up
"Beautiful isnt it... Rogers?" Thanos speaks to the Avenger while looking up the stars
>Rogers struggles to stand up using his shield and slowly makes his way to the Mad Titan and inevitable doom
"Your fate will lay heavily on my heart, Avenger, though by all rights it shouldn't. I did not force you to fight me. I gave you the chance to surrender the Gems. You forced me into doing what I did. I had to be faithful to my nature. For, after all, I am Thanos.
>Roger stands face-to-face against the Usurper

"As long as one man stands against you, Thanos, you will never be able to claim victory"
>Thanos becomes even more pissed
"Noble sentiments from one who is about to die"
>Thanos prepares his attack on Rogers
"Ive lived my life by those sentiments..."
>Rogers dodges Thanos' attack
"And theyre well worth dying for"
>Rogers manages to land a single punch on the Titan
>Thanos grows angrier
>Thanos throws an infinit gem powered punch at Rogers
>Rogers manages to block it with his shield which then shatters
"Then die you shall!"
>Thanos lands a devestating blow unto Roger's chest, killing him
>cut to Steve Rogers in his old soldier uniform entering a bar
>Steve is greeted by his old comrades and the howling commandos
>Steve sees a young Howard Stark and Bucky by the bar next to a woman in a red dress with her back facing Steve
Saturday, The Stork Club
"Peggy?" - Steve utters as the woman in red turns around
"Youre late" an amused Peggy pronounces thinking Steve would take another rain check
"I know" Steve says with a smile on his face and tears on his eyes
>Steve and Peggy starts to dance with 40s song playing in the background
"I thought you didnt know how to dance?" Peggy asks
"I had a lot of time"

>Peggy rests her head on Steve's chest
"I was worried... that you'd never make it"
"I have missed you Steve" - Peggy starts to tear up
>tears starts falling on Steve's face
>They dance as people around them start to disappear, from the howling commandos, to Howard Stark, to the bar tender and finally the bar patrons around them
>Just Steve and Peggy dancing in a dark bar with a single spot light
"I have to go, Peg" Steve worriedly says
"They need me"
"I know" Peggy nods
>Peggy then disappeared leaving Steve and Bucky alone in the spotlight
>confused Steve asks Bucky
"What is this place?"
"Its everything you've ever wanted"
"What about the others?"
"You can still save them, -or you could stay, either way, I'm with you to the end of the line, Pal"
>Steve is approached by a woman in black with a veil on her head who reaches her hand to Steve
>Steve sees that the woman has a skull for a head
>Steve reaches for the hand
>cut to Steve Roger's corpse springing back to life
>Thanos looks back and prepares to put down the first avenger once and for all
>Steve reaches for the Mjolnir and launches an attack on Thanos just as Thanos is about to launch his
>huge explosion
>Fog of war clears
>Steve Roger is unconscious and sees that Thanos body is being embraced by the woman in black
>Steve managed to shatter the infinity gauntlet, the same thing keeping Thanos alive
>directed by David Benioff

With all the individualist vs. collectivist subtext the movie had, I was genuinely surprised that in the Wanda & Vision cooking scene, she didn't say "am I being detained?"

>civil war
>individualist vs collectivist
Nah.

As quips go, they should have kept this in.

Hopefully you're not implying Cap is the individualist here.

>I never really fit in anywhere, even in the army. My faith's in people, I guess. Individuals. And I'm happy to say that, for the most part, they haven't let me down.

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!

>Hopefully you're not implying Cap is the individualist here.
>My faith's in people, I guess. Individuals.

Is the audio commentary out?

There's the REMUX rip that has the commentary audio.

So is this a love quadrangle?

nigga

Wasn't that obvious?

>Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone.

Stark is tsundere for Cap, but Cap only cares about "muh Buckyfu".

Good shit user. I doubt they do it though. They didn't even use "ultron , we would have words with thee" but it was solid 8/10 just cause Thanos died like that but I'm sure that's better than will be in the actual movie

Wow user. Did not realize that till now. Makes sense though.
>marvel cinematic universe
>Peggy carter, Sharon carter , Natasha, love quadrangle. Damn Cap ain't Bullshiting

Everyone wants the freedom dick, it's just natural.

God, I love Falcon.

He's better than comic Falcon.

I think these were in the movie

Kind of a cunt move to keep the truth from him in the first place, though.

Steve knew what Bucky did to Tony, even if he tried to pretend he didn't know who did it.

Sure it was, but Stark still overreacted.

You sure this wasn't in the movie?

The movie version was slightly different.

Steve Rogers: I'm not saying it's impossible. But there would have to be safeguards.

Tony Stark: Sure! Once we put out the PR - they're documents. They can be amended. I file a motion, have you and Wanda reinstated...

Steve Rogers: Wanda? What about Wanda?

Tony Stark: She's fine. She's confined in the compound currently. Vision's keeping her company.

Steve Rogers: Oh God, Tony! Every time. Every time I think you're seeing things the right way...

Tony Stark: It's a 100 acres with a lap pool. It's got a screening room. There's worse way to protect people. She's not a US Citizen and they don't grant visas to Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Steve Rogers: Protection? Is that how you see this? This isn't protection, it's internment, Tony. Come on, she's a kid!

Tony Stark: Gimme a break! I'm doing what has to be done, to save us from something worse.

That one IS in the movie.

Yeah, this one works better.

This idea of versus shit is retarded. The collectivists are only good when all the individuals are good.

>but Stark still overreacted.
To be fair, he DID just watch his parents get brutalized to death.

There's no such thing as an overreaction to watching footage of a man murdering your family, especially when they're right in the room with you, but finding out that Steve knew that it had happened and kept the truth from him REALLY made his blood boil.

It's not, but a similar line is:

It didn't because you actually have to be clever to pull it off

Clint never spoke to Bucky