WTF I hate the MCU now!

WTF I hate the MCU now!

Sure, Batman v Superman looked good... but that was about all it had going for it. Well, that and a few ideas that would have been interesting if they were explored competently.

Suicide Squad didn't even have that. It was just an ugly, bluish-grey mess.

Not to mention better characters, plot, sounds, and music. But who cares, it didn't make as much money or have as many upvotes by professional bloggers.

Zack Snyder always have attempt to make the film looks cool without clear context to the narrative.

Prove it.

>Not to mention better characters, plot
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GOT ME

Sucker Punch.

Go back to Sup Forums Dannyboy

Never saw it. I meant in relation to the DCEU films.

>Not recognizing the genius that was Sucker Punch
It was just too smart for the room man.

Batman V Superman

TELL THAT TO ZOD'S SNAPPED NECK!

No, that disproves the post. Try again.

>Suicide Squad didn't even have that.
but it did?

Where? I liked Suicide Squad but it didn't have Snyder-esque visuals anywhere that I can remember.

>Sucker punch is smart

Yeah SS was just ugly. It didn't look cool the way a Snyder movie does.

Ugh. Why is the DCEU so dark? Compare that to Civil War. Its bright and sunny.... kind of like real life. :-)

no where as good as snyders stuff but it was certainly there, best examples i can think of is the joker stuff and visual nods like deadshots rain and the dance, aesthetics in the film also helped a lot.

The only memorable image in Squad was that shot of Enchantress's silhouette back-lit with the blue laser and her glowing eyes at the end.

Everything else was a bad imitation of John Carpenter with terrible-looking locations. It felt like they shot the entire movie on two city blocks and three office buildings, it's like I was watching an Asylum movie.

Never saw Sucker Punch because the premise sounded retarded. What's actually bad about it though? Is it worth the watch?

If you're not paying for it then yeah. It's one of those don't think too much movies even with its subtle symbolism everywhere

Snyder wanted to create some sort of antagonistic self-reflexive feminist anger piece(aka "look at how you'r ogling these cute girls you fucking pervert, they're damaged rape victims but you're still viewing them as sex objects") but he's so incompetent it just comes off as spank-bank material.

Also the performances are terrible and the action has no weight to it, which the fanboys try and argue is "the point" as though somehow intent makes something bulletproof from criticism.

>Behold as I float here and witness your suffering! Am I not a gracious God to show you my glorious visage?
Ehh.

it makes the Point Break remake look like Goodfellas

very subjective and also not true

NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT'S KINO

I thought that Sucker Punch was going to be stupid.
I knew it.
I didn't know how fucking BORING it would be.
It's just dragging its heels and so self assured in it's cleverness (which it actually doesn't have) that it's a chore to sit through.
Maybe- MAYBE watch the action scenes on Youtube but I honestly wouldn't recommend even that.

If it's subjective, there is no "truth".

It's 2 hours of shitty music videos

>Henry Cavil as Doctor Doom
I want him to do this and I hate the timeline I"m in.
>Doctor Doom will never get a live action appearance

The sad thing is the kino meme was actually kind of funny in the beginning. The whole thing was ironic, it's be threads talking about stupid shit like Major Payne and The Pest were "kino" and making cinegrids of them with the images turned black-and-white.

But the Snyder cultists ruined it.

They should cast Julan Mcmahon again but in a movie that's not shit. He was perfect casting but he get boned hard by the movies themselves.

Why must Sup Forums always force some shitty memes?

>messianic all powerful character is introduced to humanity making him a subject of devotion to same and fear for others, the powerful of the earth (wayne, luthor) hate their newly founded relative irrelevance and use their human power to fight off the divine menace
>"what did you say bitch??? meet me after class in the airport my crew and me are going to kick your asses (not really lol)!"

B-but muh martha!

>was actually kind of funny in the beginning
No, it wasn't.

>we still cool though right? we still friends?

exactly, you are wrong, well done

>my favorite movie for sophisticated adults like myself
>your dumb movie for faggots

I can do it too, y'know.

BvS is trash and you are delusional. It's not deep no matter how hard you try to pretend that it is.
But you didn't do it user.

>messianic all powerful character is introduced to humanity making him a subject of devotion to same and fear for others, the powerful of the earth (wayne, luthor) hate their newly founded relative irrelevance and use their human power to fight off the divine menace

Thank God so much of this was conveyed through montage, we might accidentally start to invest in Superman as a character instead of a plot object.

It sure was great how Snyder managed to write a movie about Batman being the antagonist but still made him the main character with the only defined character arc and made him as visually "badass" as possible in every scene. It's almost like Snyder's inability to get over his love of surface level cool actively ruins the messages he's trying to convey, aka the same thing people said about Watchman and Sucker Punch.

?????

>antagonists can't look badass
what

I actually thought Deadshot standing up on the cars just fucking shit up looked cool. Best moment in the whole (otherwise shitty) movie for me.

fuck me its yukiko hime

>in every scene

>even at points where it doesn't fit in the context of the story

Snyder never stops sucking Batman's dick the entire fucking movie. He's too much of a coward to actually convey what he's attempting to do with Bruce's story, even when he's trying to show him as an obsessive lunatic we need to know he's a totally awesome CrossFit bro or when Bruce is seeing Clark and Zod fight we need Bruce literally Tokyo Drifitng around falling rubble in his SUV because clearly he can't have one fucking scene where Batman isn't the coolest guy in the room even right in the middle of 9/11 imagery.

It's the same bullshit he did in Watchmen, where he needs to have Night Owl and Rorschach to get into a big wirework karate fight with Ozymandias in the arctic base at the end. Moore conveyed it through a conversation, but Snyder thought that wasn't "cool" enough so we need yet another fight scene. It's fucking embarrassing.