I want to get into the authority whats the best starting point, what runs should i read and avoid...

I want to get into the authority whats the best starting point, what runs should i read and avoid, and do i need to read any other wildstorm books?

Start with Warren Ellis' run on Stormwatch, he totally changes the team line-up and restructures the organization so it's easy to jump into.

Read that to its conclusion. The first volume of The Authority is a direct follow-up to it and all the team members are introduced in Stormwatch.

After that, read pretty much whatever you want. I've never seen any particular run universally praised or hated so your mile may vary on each.

Planetary/Authority

Shit read Planetary regardless it is great

Indeed Stormwatch can be a good starting point, but you can start Authority without any knowledge of the world or the characters.

The original Ellis run is awesome.

Robbie Morrison's v2 is decent, the Coup d'Etat is a great idea.

Brubaker's v3 is Brubaker.

The Lost Year from Grant Morrison/Keith Giffen is a bit wacky, but readable.

Gage's Prime consist of one arc, some knowledge of the Stormwatch might needed to enjoy it.

The Abnett/Lanning v4 might require some background story, so Armageddon, Revelations, Number of the Beast can be useful to read, because the v4 starts after the World's End. Also Abnett and Lanning does what they can do best: space travelling adventures.

(Not needed in any way, but READ PLANETARY! One of my favourite comic of all time, that shit is pure gold.)

Planetary.

Millar's Authority is the best Authority.

Cool beans, user. More Planetary exposure is always appreciated.

Yeah, I should have written Ellis/Millar, I fucked it up because I consider the whole v1 as one read. But yeah, best run indeed.

Welcome to the Oval Office, President Gore.

Thanks for the storytime user

My internet connection is acting like a bitch. If I disappear for a few, its just for a restart.

Restarting. Back in 5.

You're doing God's work.

Back. Hopefully with less comcast faggotry.