Since it was a movie-game. I wanted to see what this board had to say about Until Dawn

Since it was a movie-game. I wanted to see what this board had to say about Until Dawn.

Wendy Goes

I love the setting. Typical for a horror movie, but because it's all animation and programmed set pieces, ends up looking so much larger and more impressive than anything a low budget flick could spit out. Imagine trying to make that set for the fuckhuge mansion.

'It's just a prank Hann'

It's just a ski lodge, which while still big, isn't mansion size. The Shining?

Emily; a 4.0 perfect bitch.

I would've liked a full saw-style movie way better than a monster one but thats just my taste

It was a private residence. I guess the line between that a lodge is thin, but those two girls lived there.

Yeah or maybe like a Jason style human-monster. I don't really like the paranormal stuff, but this game was so enjoyable for me that I was OK with it.

I think it's interesting how they made Hannah the most hated character despite the fact that in the whole grand scheme of things compared to everyone else she didn't really do wrong

The perfect ending is to save every one but shoot Emily

I liked it a lot. Basically felt like a good Larry Fessenden production.

Film adaptation when

Why was the stranger chasing Hannah and Beth in the beginning, shooting is flamethrower off etc if he was a good guy. They wouldnt have ran and fell off the cliff.

What are you guys doing playing video games pretending to be movies when you could be spending your time watching real films instead

why are Sup Forumsros so dumb, bros?

Great atmosphere, somewhat generic story but I enjoyed it for what it was. Haven't replayed it nor do I have any desire to.

I thought Ashley was the most hated character.

No. Emily is actually OK, Ashley is the one you want to kill off.

he was chasing the

wendigo

He was chasing the Wendigo which was chasing them you idiot, did you even play the game? He even tried to save them at the end.

He already caught all the Wendigo though. Hannah was the only one that was out in the wild.

Why didnt the Wendigo attack josh while he was setting up the elaborate traps.

I personally think that an "interactive story" game fails completely if the choices you are given are not clear.
In a good/bad sense, the "saw is coming at one of you" scene is one way to use this lack of information. On one hand, since you don't know what picking left or right will do it adds a lot of tension to the choice. On the other hand, knowing that there isn't enough information just telegraphed to me that the choice was meaningless and your input didn't matter.

In another instance, at the very end of the game I was given the option to stand still some more or run outside the lodge. Because there was absolutely no way I could know what the characters were thinking, I chose to run instead of stand still and this lead to Mike dying.
It makes the game versatile but it completely disconnected me from any investment.

Also, Wendigo is a shitty non-twist

>as a game
Has some tense moments, but the lack of ending variety and general interactivity hurts. The butterfly effect gimmick was underused.

>as a movie
Until Dawn gets away with being generic because it's not a movie, it's a game. Put it in theaters. Put it in theaters, and it's a generic horror movie with Rami Malek and some nice ass.

I also found it really stupid how when Mike and Jessica start heading to the cabin they immediately get scared and feel like someone is watching them. Why the hell would you not just go back to the main lodge to be with everyone else.

Never had a feeling of wanting to change something in a movie?

That's what I used to feel back before video games became so advanced.

It feels nice being a character in a movie sometimes.

The whole point of the game is to be inspired by horror movie cliches, kinda like how throughout the entire game everyone keeps splitting up and going on solo missions instead of safety in numbers when there are maneating monsters on the loose

I really wonde how long gamr developers/studios and pubkishers Will allow for games to have complete gameplay walkthroughs, you can watch the story all there in such videos.. anyway, Just wondering what are their thoughts.

I thought it was a pretty good interactive horror movie thing

The only part that really grated me was when
Flamethrower Guy just tells you wedigos are real and shows you all his graphs and his powerpoint presentation on them.

Like c'mon now you can reveal them better then that

I guess but because its a videogame and youre able control the character and all, I kept tryna make mike walk back to the cabin so it kinda ruined it for me.

It's nothing but jumpscares. I ended up quitting after 4 hours.

Nintendo is actively against their games being on YouTube.
Yeah I gave up on trying to play seriously once the logic went out the window. Then I just focused on getting characters to their "good" deaths.

In the hunter's journal it tells you their vision is based on movement. You can roleplay as each individual character if you want to die, but the game makes a point of telling YOU the player the information you need to live.

First hours of the game are pretty slow, it's just a bunch of mostly unlikeable characters pranking each other

It's kind of obnoxious but I feel like they had to do it because if it was just several hours of nothing before the shit hit the fan it would have less of an impact

I'd say keep playing through it unless you just really dont like that sort of thing

Who else killed off the beta black guy but kept everyone else alive?

>played the game mostly normal keeping everyone alive
>shoot Emily in the face even though I knew she wasn't gonna turn
>wasn't really thinking at the end part and basically went for the switch right away and roasted 99% of the cast

OOPS

Did you get what I meant though?
I could be wrong because I'm not fucking replaying it, but in the "saw" scene your choice 100% does not matter. It just says "left or right", not telling you if your choice is to save or kill "left or right". It's shitty.

Later on though was sort of my fault, but my only indication was Mike distracting the Wendigo for Sam. In this situation I was Sam, and Mike was giving me nonverbal indications that he had a plan.
So when he distracted the Wendigo, the logical choice of action was to not let his plan be in vain and run. But instead I was supposed to stand still as Sam, while the Wendigo walked closer to Mike. Then somehow it would all work out because that was the choice I was intended to make. There was no real logic to the situation, just a binary choice in a quicktime event.

Why did josh immediatly start eating a dead body, even though the cops went into the mine shortly after rescuing everyone else.

If it was a film, it would've been a garbage b horror movie. Even David Cage makes better movies than this shit.

An interaction in the game is complete garbage. It's a walking sim.

>first five hours of the game is fake jumpscares
>"gamers" think this is quality horror

For the record. I woudn't say it's a quality game or a quality movie, but it hit the right parts of each of those things to endear itself to me.

Don't shitpost. This was a thousand times better than anything David Cage has ever made.

>"gamers" think this is quality horror
Gamers legitimately do not understand quality.
I bet ((Hollywood)) is kept up at night trying to understand the video game market.

Nah. It's essentially Marvel vs DC
Generic and exciting or creative and a fucking mess.

David Cage would be a tumblr amateur comic strip that recycles cliche jokes. This is at least having fun with common tropes.

Are you saying you wouldnt?

>This is at least having fun with common tropes.
Does Until Dawn subvert a single trope?

You don't have to subvert a trope to have fun with it. It's very aware of its own tropes.

>The black guy can survive.
>Jess is actually more than just "the blonde slut".
>Mike transends the stupid jock trope to become the hero.
>Sam is the leading lady, but she CAN die.

Here are some "daily" reminders
>Josh did nothing wrong
>Jess is best girl, Ash is second best
>Emily is a slut
>Chris is a cuck
>Mike is /ourboy/

DUDE SUPERNATURAL BEINGS ARE ACTUALLY THE REAL ENEMY LMAO

>implying you didn't shit bricks during the mine scene or the chris chase scene
>implying you played the game

Best girl is Sam, you pleb.

Josh did nothing wrong-agreed
Jess is best girl-agreed
Ash-No Ash is a stealth bitch
Emily-kinda goes through a transition if you keep her alive.
Chris-Chris isn't a cuck. Chris is pretty cool bro.
Mike-Agreed.

Sam was best girl, Jess is second best even though she died very early in my playthrough. I was so afraid of /ourboy/ falling to his death, I made him go the safe route through everything after Jess gets taken.

Did you not notice that the game is free? Everyone and their played it. No, I didn't shit bricks, I turned the volume down when I realised the game is going to do BOOOM A DEEER JUMPS OUT BOOOM A DOOR OPENS BOOOM A STONE FALLS DOWN BOOOOM A LEAF BLOWS IN THE WIND for several hours. That's not horror, that's just randomly shouting in my ear and making me surprised.

Sam is alright, but not a qt like Jess or Ash
Don't really see the appeal here

The only unlikable character was Emily

If the movie is aware that it's a b-movie, it doesn't make it any better. Just makes it less honest

I thinks it hard to scare modern audiences, movies or games. We've seen it all.

That being said. In my playthrough there was a scene were there were balloons directing Sam where to go, and there was clowns.

I personally fucking hate clowns,and that bothered me atmospherically.

I think I liked emily in my playthrough cause I immediatly killed Matt at the first chance I could which meant she was off on her own for a huge amount of time and had to survive by herself.

>I thought Ashley was the most hated character.
This.

>you already saved me once, let me save you!
>>o-okay *bang*
>YOU MOTHERFUCKER, I'M GONNA LET A WENDIGO PULL YOUR HEAD OFF

Listening to women, ever.

She's the best because she is modeled and voiced after Hayden Panettiere.

No they're not. Cage's stories are a mess, but at least it's an interesting mess. At least they have their moments. I liked seeing Ellen Page as a bum begging for money, it's nice. This is just nothing. This story is so boring it feels like it doesn't exist. It's like watching modern anime, you can predict everything down to exact lines of dialogue.

Jess is best. Ash is a fucking cunt.

Emily redeems herself (IMO) if you keep her alive.

>Emily redeems herself (IMO) if you keep her alive.
I accidentally roasted that bitch in the final scene and didn't regret it

He didn't catch the Makkapitew, which is what he was out there to do. After the girls fell, he ended up killing it, which released its spirit and was how it was able to possess Hannah.

He was probably setting them up during the day-time.

Whose to say how long he was down there before the cops arrived? Could've been weeks. Besides, even if he hadn't just identified that giant monster as his long lost dead sister, he wasn't exactly "alright" to begin with.

Both those scenarios were telegraphed fine, you're just retarded.

I like how make went from this annoying guy to total badass. If I could save one person it would be him

Care to explain your retardation?