I've heard good things about True Detective, is it kino? Any thoughts on this show?

I've heard good things about True Detective, is it kino? Any thoughts on this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/kino.jpg/image/ukEpCQkwPETIIaj_ib5dcg/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1451353577516/image/yz0hdsXAwH5kWqKGCojuVw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's peak telekino

caspere knew this

The first season is excellent. The second season not so much, it might as well be an entirely different show.

Just skip it man GOT is better and GOaT

It was sort of interesting but by no means the masterpiece you'd imagine from all the hype. It might be extra attractive to fags in their early 20's or younger for its "deep" "philosophy" aka having an edgy as shit character being nihilistic for no reason.

If you're a mature and smart adult then it won't be rocking your world though it's still worth watching.

Any rec's for shows that will rock my world?

the kinomatography is good

Seconding this anons request, I want my world rocked

Rick and Morty.

>for no reason
there's a reason he was nihilistic but you probably didn't even watch the show, or maybe you were playing on your phone the whole time

but yeah OP Russ' weird "time is a square circle" shit gets annoying, but the king in yellow-type atmospheric horror and the investigative stuff is kino, plus it has mammario tits and monaghan is hot as fuck

Season 1 = kino
Season 2 = okay

I think the writer misunderstood what was so interesting about the first season, because almost none of that is in the second season.

He's just one of those fags who thinks any mention of nihilism is persecuting his Christian faith. There are millions of movies with Christian themes and like 2 TV shows with nihilistic themes and somehow they get butthurt.

>nihilistic for no reason.

I mean I'm a christfag and I have no problem with people being nihilist; sometimes things happen that are so tragic to people that they get to a point where they cope by believing that there is no point. Russ had a good reason for being nihilistic and so it added to the show rather than subtracted.

I just think the dude we're responding to is a hipster who didn't actually watch True Detective season 1, and is actively trying to stop OP from watching a good show.

never saw season 2 though, can anyone tell me if it's worth it?

I had a hard time watching season 2. It's not bad per se, it's just not as interesting as season one. I think it had too many characters. Instead of focusing on just Hart and Cohle, it has four main police characters with their own backstories and none of them are as interesting or charismatic as McConaughey and Harrelson were together. It didn't seem to resonate at that deeper odd quasi-spiritual, semi-hallucinatory level that the first season did. I kinda tuned out after a few episodes, but some people seemed to like it. There was a lot of arguing about whether season two was good or not in the threads.

3 police characters not four.

That really is too bad that it didn't border on the sublime horror/psychological stuff that the first season did, that's what I was expecting the show to be like for all seasons. Did they get new writers?

Same writer and it has some of that but not nearly as much and it's more just random odd events rather than a coherent pattern.

well shit, I'd rather just watch the first season again

le kino xD

It's a fucking garbage police procedural show, which wastes half of the screen time on soap opera cuckolding and juvenile edgy shit which I still can't believe was unironical.

There he is!

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/kino.jpg/image/ukEpCQkwPETIIaj_ib5dcg/

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1451353577516/image/yz0hdsXAwH5kWqKGCojuVw/

this guy is an absolute legend let me tell you

>police procedural show
Nope.

>Carcosa