Would Bruce in his prime be able to take on Batman Beyond-era baddies if he only had his TAS batsuit instead of the...

Would Bruce in his prime be able to take on Batman Beyond-era baddies if he only had his TAS batsuit instead of the kickin' rad one with rocket boots?

Probably.
Inque was basically Clayface if he was Audrey Hepburn and a strong weakness. He was also significantly more intelligent than Terry.

I'd say more experienced, rather than more intelligent. Terry's a public school student. Bruce trained with experts around the world before he put on the suit.

I always felt like Terry's rogues were really small time compared to the shit Bruce faced.
The only real threat I ever felt terry faced was inque/splicer doctor dude/the joker/(to a lesser extent blight).

And apart from inque/the joker most of them aren't even close to the level of bs Bruce had to put up with.

Bruce is definitely smarter than terry and I reckon Brucie would fucking wipe the floor with Terry's rogue gallery.

On the other hand, if they let Terry loose in old Gotham, how many of Arkham's regulars would still be alive at the end of a month?

That's pretty true. I don't think Terry is by any means a bad batman, but I think he has to work a lot harder for his win, but at the same time when he deals with people they rarely stay come back for seconds.

No, he was literally more intelligent. Terry lacked"that marvelous brain". Thankfully he has most of the other traits, a power suit, and a quick tongue. He is basically Dickbats.

Plus he's got someone in his ear who knows the job. He may not have had all the same advantages Bruce did starting out, but he's got some other ones.

We never see Terry in his own prime, besides that one scene of him putting Inque on ice in about 30 seconds in Epilogue. You're comparing a teenager to The Goddamn Batman.

Would teen Bruce have been comparable to Terry if thrown in the same situation of suddenly becoming Batman?

Depends, does he have a super-suit and a mentor on radio? If so, sure.

No, Bruce was a rich sheltered kid

>sheltered

That kid you're talking about didn't make it to his tweens.

I assumed we were talking about a "if his dad died the same time Terry's did" scenario

I wasn't, but it's a thought experiment, follow it where it leads you.

So much of Terry depends on Bruce's intervention and experience. Who's Bruce's Bruce in this scenario? Does he just get the suit when he's 8? Do his parents survive until he's 16? Or Do his parents die when he's 8 and he lets that fest for for 8 years?

Let's say his parents never died when he was a kid and has a normal rich brat life until a similar McGinnis scenario presents itself when he's 16 or 17.

His Bruce is of course Alfred.

MASTER WAYNE GET OUT OF THERE

The Batman Beyond comics deserve to be so much better.

Didn't he go training around the world before becoming batman? Seems like something he should have done during his teen years

Bruce would get demolished by shriek.
There would be no way around it.

Just being around Blight is an instant ticket to severe radiation poisoning.

Bruce would get demolished by many in Terry's Rouge Gallery simply because there are too many that are just supermen.

I think he went off training just at 16. He just brooded before that

Bruce constantly went up against supermen.

Its a hard sell. One of the advantages Terry's gallery has is advanced tech that TAS batman couldn't match, at least not without prep time. His approach would certainly be more refined however. Props to Terry tho, I love the fact hes willing to fight dirty.

If ya know what I mean.

thebatman.wav

Was it ever explained what happened to Dick in Beyond?

Babs is comissioner, Tim is mind fucked but I don't recall anything about Dick

He and Bruce had a falling out so he stays in Bludhaven. he's also a cyclops

Is he still hot in the future?

Neither bat could beat the other's Rouge Gallery.

Bruce doesn't have the tech to keep up with Terry's. He'd stomp on the Jokers, Curare, the RFG, and the like with ease but be at a complete loss against people like Spellbinder or the names previously listed like Shreik and Blight.

Terry would be able to handle the brutes of Bruce's gallery with ease like Bane, KC, Clayface and what have you but he doesn't have the genius or mental conditioning of Bruce. Terry would be out thought or just plain used by people like Riddler, Poison Ivy, Joker etc...

the man who trained with literal ninjas and knows ever form of martial arts and concentration technique known to man, would be unable to go up against a guy who's gimmick is basically just fucking with sound.

and whos weakness is basically just a batarang to the control device.

Blight would be tricky, but reminder- bats made a suit specifically to fight firefly, theres nothing that says he cant make a bat radiation suit

Looks a lot like white nick fury honestly.

he's basically become nick fury in a onepiece leotard.

dick fury if you will.

Yes.

Terry was saved entirely because of the suit. Bruce would be a broken fleshy goop if he got hit with one sound wave.
Also Shriek could just Tuning Fork the entire city.

And just putting it out there but neither bat would be able to touch Ian Peek and both would've been fucked if not for a malfunction.

In the show, no

The comics, yes, but it was insanely stupid and not written by the guys from the show

what are you talking about, blight and shriek are nowhere near the power levels of some of Bruce's rogues.

>clayface
>joker
>bane
>firefly
>mr.freeze

I really wish we'd seen Terry face off against more martial artists to test his fighting ability.

>power levels
>joker

Come on. Really? Can't we all just accept that Joker as a character is saved by unwillingness to kill him off? That's his super power. Protection from writers. Why are we pretending he has a high "power level"? That's not what makes him a good villain at all.

Joker is the #1 normal batman villain that Terry does better against then Bruce does.

Clayface and Inque are very similar and Inque seems smarter.

Mr. Freeze tends to be weaker then his "power level" suggests due to often being a softy. His goals often keep him in some form of check.

Mr. Freeze is just a strong guy with a gun, granted it's a really good gun. But still, just a gun.

>Would Bruce in his prime be able to
Yes. The answer is yes. It doesn't matter what the rest of the question is. There's literally nothing Batman can't do except get over his PTSD.
Batman can beat anyone at least on the second try, even if it contradicts his opponent's powers. Batman has beaten literal gods with no preptime. Batman has beaten people whose entire concept is being like Batman but better.
I've seen Batman prevent a Green Lantern from using his ring by simply tying a rope around his arm.

Captain Cold would shit all over Terry and Bruce

Except Superman holds back. Batman knows this too.

>blight and shriek are nowhere near the power levels of some of Bruce's rogues.
>mr.freeze

Blight kicked the shit out of Mr. Freeze in beyond pretty easily even when Freeze had a new powersuit.

Clayface and Joker are fair. Bane in the DCAU was not as formidable as Bane in the comics. Firefly is about the same powerlevel as Shriek. Possibly lower.

bruce fucked his girlfriend so he left

>ironic anti-Captain Cold shitposting
what a time to be alive

The most important question...Would he bang picrelated villianes?