HBO's Rome

What a great series! Titus and Pullo, Caesar and the senate, so many great characters and moments. No newsreader posting allowed ITT

>No newsreader posting allowed ITT

Look at the fucking state of you, Sup Forums

It was great and I am so fucking pissed that they had to truncate the series into season 3. It was still great but man.

What a great fucking character.

Best HBO show ever

Idk about that but it was the most ambitious. I'm not saying it definitely isn't but HBO use to make damn good shows

lmao
no

I used to love Rome as a kid. But now that I've read a lot more about the fall of the Republic I can't say I have the same affection for it. It's a good show, but it's only a shell of what it could've been. The fact that they cut out central characters like Clodius sucks ass, and it's sad that they completely changed the personalities of people like Caesar, Pompey, Cato, etc.
The only good thing I'll say about Rome is this: it manages to make Cicero likable. They took that Tony-Soprano-looking spineless cuck and made him into a British gentleman that took his death bravely. Cicero was the best boy in the show. Also the more I watch, the more forced and unnecessary the whole Vorenus/Pullo stuff seems.

Too bad they just make fag shit like looking and girls now. Westworld was alright though, nothing groundbreaking but alright

This and Master and Commander and The Wire are the ONLY things Sup Forums agrees on

PULLO
FORMATION

>the wire

The first two yes. The third, absolutely not

History Buffs is releasing a video on this soon. Should be good.

It will probably make me watch the series again

that's right, anything with boogies in it gets immediately disqualified by the pond life on Sup Forums.

>not GoT
lol...

>read more, become bitter
A hard thing to avoid but it's HBO, you've got to learn the trick of 'turn your brain off and enjoy things' otherwise nothing will please you at lost potential.

That and it is severely overrated considering more than half of the seasons were boring/bad even according to people that love the series

Jesus you sound like a game of thrones bookfag.
>cut central characters
>change personalities of characters

No, not GoT after the last two seasons and this one. First four GoT seasons, yes, but not overall, imo.

I like being described as pond life

Deadwood is the best HBO show ever.
Those who doubt me, suck cock by choice!

it was an alright show
the ending was trash
>hype up a massive shootout
>day of seconds before the slaughter begins
>lol just kidding guys were friends now

>no newsreader posting allowed ITT
All citizens of Rome be advised! The senate has declared OP has a faggot and an enemy of the Senate and People of Rome. All roman citizens are to do him harm or kill him if they are able!

THIRTEENTH!

Game of thrones > rome
Game of thrones had Ed Sheeran sing a song I don't see no celebrities in Rome

THIRTEEN!

well it's certainly successful, I'm sure the people who run HBO probably think it's their best show too, personally I don't care for it and I like Rome a lot more

My only criticism of Rome is the way they have to make Titus and Pullo flies on the wall to everything going on with the major historical figures, they are great characters but it gets a little cheesy that, caesar even thinks they must be favored by the Gods because they're always caught in the middle of these major events.

If they ever Reboot Rome they should do PoV stories from each of the main characters, you could even bring back a Titus and Pullo like couple, but make them have their own little plot.

Brutus is mai husbando

Why didn't they show any proper battles. I wanted to see Pompey vs Caesar and Antony vs Octavian, but they skipped it.

$$$

TREDECIM!

that guy is incredibly anal

were the gesture historical, he would surely give it a thumbs-down

Shit's expensive yo. They already needed a massive budget for all the sets and costumes, corners had to be cut

exactly this. Vorenus and Pullo were alright, but Caesar, Antony, Brutus were all far more interesting to watch. The show would have been better if they had just gone full political drama.

Octavia's my waifu lads. Don't say anything nasty about her

Aggripa? Is that you?

>post yfw you realise Rome was cancelled so HBO can produce Game of Thrones

Why didn't she fly the ring into Mordor?

Wasn't Rome cancelled long before GoT was even concieved?

n-no

Bad post, leave this thread

Why did Agrippa, the coolest guy, have such awful offspring?

When I was a newfag, I defended Sup Forums. As an oldfag, I shall not abandon it. I give sincere thanks to user, who has generously presented me with the most promising theme imaginable. I address you directly, . Please listen as if you were a Chad normie, and not a shitposting, autism-addled wreck. You are certainly not without accomplishments: it is a rare man who can boast of permabanned before even coming of age. You have brought upon us memes, faggotry and capeshit. You are Sup Forums's Helen of Troy. But then a Redditor's role has always suited you best.

ne nuntium nuntiorum malorum necate

HE WAS A CONSUL OF ROMEEEE

even if that were true they're both good shows

>GoT
>Good

ahahahahaha, no.

Started watching this again recently. One of my favorites. Good times with Vorenus and his wife is pretty comfy.

This thread is rife with piss drinking son's of circus whores.

>[Kevin] McKidd and I (James Purefoy) had lunch the other day, and I said to him, “Have you been asked to do Game Of Thrones?” And he said, “I’d never do it. Because they stole our fucking show.” He worked out that if Rome had run for the entire seven seasons that it should have run, we would only have finished it last year. And he feels that HBO did Game of Thrones instead of us, so they stole our show. I kind of agree with him. I won’t be doing Game Of Thrones, even if they ask me.

>7 seasons run

What would they have covered?
>S2: Defeat of Brutus
>S3: Collapse of the Second Triumvirate

What else?

>if Rome had run for the entire seven seasons
>seven seasons
What the fuck? Okay, now I'm pissed.

Could have done the entire Julian-Claudian dynasty?

HE WORSHIPS BBCS AND STRONG WOMYN!

HE BLACKENS HIS WIFE WITH NUMIDIANS LIKE SOME KEK!

HE SHARES AND UPVOTES MEMES IN VILE REDDIT SITES!

I reckon actual, authentic battle would be boring as hell. And if they'd ditch the authenticity to show off wacky ninja action fights, it'd hurt the show overall. Please do us a favour and never make any kind of suggestions again.