Avatarex: Destroyer of Darkness #2

Klaus has concluded!

Sinatoro is in the pipeline!

Brave New World is a project he is working on!

The latest issue of Heavy Metal has been delayed!

18 Days is doing its best!

And now, this!

The second issue of Avatarex: Destroyer of Darkness!

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/chris-paul-weitz-team-grant-913912
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Presenting

THE ONES IN CHARGE!

>The latest issue of Heavy Metal has been delayed!
to next week

Danger!

Wedding CRASHED!

>Sinatoro is in the pipeline!
Haven't heard anything about it in over a year, almost two.

A deity of the Indian Pantheon!

One of many beings who are all-powerful and somehow strangely mortal in the myths of the nation.

Take heart, chum!

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/chris-paul-weitz-team-grant-913912

Still qualifies.

Hi there, Kingsley.

A phone call would've sufficed.

Wow, it's still fucking nothing, no release dates for either the show or comic.

?

Time moves faster than you'd think.

And sometimes, quicker than we'd like.

Avatarex: Social Media Sensation!

Next stop, a Bollywood Movie Deal!

An Unfortunate Baptism.

Worst Touch.

Not the bridal carry he signed up for.

"The thing we've always for the last fifteen years at least -- certainly since 9/11 -- I think America's been processing the horror of those images through their art, through their popular art in particular.

That's why I think superheroes became from ordinary people who went out at night to make the world a better place, they've become I think agents of the military-entertainment complex. The Avengers work for the government, and it's been like that since Mark [Millar] did The Ultimates. Batman as seen by Christopher Nolan and subsequently is a soldier. He wears military gear with his ordinance and his machines. For me, it became quite reductive. It was an interesting way to look at it for a while, but it's persisted for so long that I'm quite bored with the idea that the best superheroes can represent is some aggressive version of the military.

So it seemed like it was very worthwhile to go to cultures that weren't dealing with that, and go back to things that superheroes are supposed to be. They're supposed to be champions of the oppressed, they help ordinary people, they make things better for people. They don't prop up our grotesque, doddering culture of war and aggression.

And that's what I liked about the India stuff, you know? India's a very different feeling from America. In the East, there's a sense of progression and a sense of shirking off a lot of the old cultural problems and trying to move beyond things, in the sense that women are taking a much larger role in a culture where they were really quite voiceless for a long time. So it seemed to me that there's a sense there in the East that we have a future. Right now in the West, it's the end of empire, it's the endtimes, and all our stories are about that, dealing with that. Zombies, viruses, infections, these mass invasions of millions of creatures that get in under the carpets and screw everything up."

"So I just wanted to get away from that. I've done quite a bit of that. I'm sure Marcus feels the same way; once we could talk about a much wider array of subjects before the superheroes were tied to a very specific mindset. And as I say, in other cultures and in India specifically, we're getting to use superheroes in a culture that's quite forward-looking. If you see the video that Sharad [showed at Comic-Con], it's talking to all the young girls, saying 'what super power would you like?' And all the powers are these really benign, helping-people powers. 'I want to touch trees and it comes back to life, I want to touch a mud hut and it turns into a house, I want to take away people's sickness.' And you contrast that with our image of a female superhero who's Wonder Woman with a sword and a shield and a grunting grimace on her face, she's a warrior from some ridiculous mythological past.

So I liked the idea as well of turning people this slightly more feminine approach and trying to get superheroes back to what they do best, which is helping people, and not just protecting their own asses from the latest monstrous villain."

-Grant Morrison

Hard to take him seriously with that messed up helmet.

Again with the bridal carry.

Rishi's just the belle of the ball, ain't he?

So desensitised, aren't we?

What is good?

What is evil?

What is immutable?

And what can be changed?

What makes a man righteous? Wretched?

What can embolden the heart? What can corrupt it?

Initiative? Opportunity?

Let's find out together, shall we?

A bit of Captain Marvel from both sides of the pond, a dash of Thor, and a whole heaping dose of classic Buddy Cop Superhero Odd Couple teams.

Who's this now?

A Yoda?

A Sivana?

Find out next time!

So what's this one inspired by? Starlin's crystal dude?

See you then!