How do you feel about the author of Batman: The Widening Gyre's views on the 1989 Batman movie?

How do you feel about the author of Batman: The Widening Gyre's views on the 1989 Batman movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1251099/Hollywood-director-Kevin-Smith-booted-flight-pilot-says-hes-fat-fly.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4nMpC7i-Enc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's a dumb idiot? It's self-evident considering Batman '89 spawned BTAS while Widening Gyre was entirely forgettable outside of Batman pissing himself.

kevin smith is a fat fucking nerd who will be remmbered for getting his fat fucking ass kicked of a plane because he is a fat fuck. he mad the same movie 3 times and tried to ripe of the Cohen brothers twice .

Why is Burton such a lying cocksucker?

He's talked about the 89 Batman a bit on his pods. He lovedi theaters and loves it still.

>getting his fat fucking ass kicked of a plane because he is a fat fuck

wat?

he was asked to leave a plae because he was too fat
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1251099/Hollywood-director-Kevin-Smith-booted-flight-pilot-says-hes-fat-fly.html

Eh, this is the only comic Burton's read, and he did it entirely for movie related purposes. He's not an avid reader.

ewfrbdfvdgbv

The Human Hockey Jersey is so full of shit if he's gonna sit there and say he didn't love Batman 89. EVERYONE loved Batman 89. Especially comic readers who felt like it was dropping a gothic Denny O'Neil bomb on the goofy Adam West show. It was like Nolan's The Dark Knight if literally the only the interpretations before it were Schumacher's. It wasn't until at least a decade later that nerds starting nitpicking.

This was really personal right? Didn't they hate each other from the Superman movie they were working together so they were taking personal shots?

Hard not to side with Burton in hindsight. Sure he's become a parody of himself in his old age but Smith has created literally nothing in his life that leads me to believe he could handle a Superman script or anything even notch above DUDE GEEKS LMAO

I've read the script. It's decent barring Smith's forays into the sophomoric humor, like Erradicator talking about all the times he watched Superman and Lois have sex.

At least it was written before he discovered weed

Smith himself didn't even feel qualified for it. He's sure they only asked him because that Kryptonite condom joke in Mallrats. He knew that's not his type of movie.

You know, Smith was a pretty cool dude until he started smoking weed and lost his personality.

Did Smith start the "Batman & Batman Returns aren't masterpieces" meme?

Now he shills for WB and Snyder so no real shocker.

ITT: people who don't understand facetious sarcasm.

He's taking specifically about how Batman kills people in it

...what?

His supermans cript as good

Kevin smith is kind of full of himself.

I feel burton cant handle the bants

Isn't Tim Burton dyslexic or something? I feel like I've heard somewhere that was part of the reason he never got into comic books.

I don't care what anyone says, yellow oval with a black bat > just black bat

Yea. Like someone else said, this was a personal feud where they were directly attacking each other out of bitterness. Burton wasn't trying to say FUCK COMICS as much as he was saying EAT MY DICK KEVIN. Burton was never into comics because his dyslexia gave him issues with the paneling but he has said he enjoys Killing Joke.

Dyslexia fucks up paneling?

Never knew that.

There's a video of Kevin Smith giving a speech about the whole Tim Burton "feud" being a funny invention of tabloids misquoting and using sound bites and that the two eventually got to talk directly to each other and settle it, but for some reason Warner has pulled it from YouTube.

I liked Jersey Girl.

Me too.

No Kevin Smith this

>Producer Michael Uslan remarks that he only let Tim (Burton) see the original year of the Bob Kane/Bill Finger's comic run, up until the time that Robin was introduced.

explains Batman 89'

But they aren't ,especially returns. '89 was decent at best and Returns was largely considered shit, before Schumacher topped it with Forever and Batman and Robin

Kevin Smith is bitter as fuck because Burton didn't like his Superman script and fired him. Obviously Burton hates him, too.

Besides, Burton's Batman is totally based on the comics, and it's one of the best comic book movies ever made.
>Tim Burton stated "I was never a giant comic book fan, but I've always loved the image of Batman and The Joker. The reason I've never been a comic book fan - and I think it started when I was a child - is because I could never tell which box I was supposed to read. I don't know if it was dyslexia or whatever, but that's why I lovedThe Killing Joke, because for the first time I could tell which one to read. It's my favorite. It's the first comic I've ever loved. And the success of those graphic novels made our ideas more acceptable." He has stated in the past that The Killing Joke was his inspiration for his Batman movie.

>Returns was largely considered shit

False. It was considered too dark for kids. This criticism combined with Burton's modern output being bad has made people call Returns bad, when in reality it's just as good as the first one.

Ive said it once, and ill say it again. Batman as a franchise needs to return to the style of the batman 1989 and BTAS era. Dark, violent, but still whimsical and fun at the same time.

UH OH, THE HACKS ARE FIGHTING AGAIN

GO GET THE TACOS AND THE WHIPPED CREAM BOYS, WE MIGHT BE HERE A WHILE

Imagine being his daughter and seeing that tweet

Love that Joker.

Not when he's knuckle deep inside Johnny Depp's asshole.

did they have sex?

reminder that kevin smith is a hack who would have ruined clerks if he had got what he wanted

his original plan for the ending of clerks was dante getting stuck up and shot at the end, with the credits rolling over his dead body

it would have made his movie into film student grade trash

>because I could never tell which box I was supposed to read. I don't know if it was dyslexia or whatever
Maybe it was retardation. Because once you know you're supposed to read from right to left you're pretty much set.

Lets be honest, Batman Returns sucks.

>you're supposed to read from right to left you're pretty much set.

Nah. It's GOAT.

People get shot in convenience stores, you know.

That's a way better ending though. Clerks was about how Dante was smart but wasting his life at a convenience store. If he'd died at the end it would have made its point a lot better.

Is that supposd to be a burn? Burton's Batman is still the best comic book movie.

tim burton literally has dyslexia user, it's hard enough for him to read plain text let alone sequential pictures with text in them

This quotes makes me really like Tim Burton

Do you think Johnny Depp reads to him when they snuggle?

Can someone edit Keaton's eyes to be all white like in the comics?

Just for curiosity's sake?

1,000,000 hours in paint.

he didnt work on superman, he wrote one shity script that was rejected and he took it personally, scripts get rejected all the time. hes a man baby that crys when he doesn't get his way

'89 Batman lives on through it's depiction of Gotham City which is still the defacto Gotham right up into the Arkham games

He lost weight

Stop projecting and get your fat ass to /fit/ lad

Sup Forumss little hateboner for Kevin smith will always be one of the most spergiest autistic things about this fucking board. That alongside the Tara Strong hateboner.

fuck you go kiss kevin smiths fat belly you know you want to. hes a no talent hack. hes the wil wheaton off the comic book scene

>he says with a smirk as dorito crumbs fall from his neckbeard onto his stomach hanging over the keyboard

>being this heinyaggrivated over literally nothing
Wew

Yea you're delusional if you think Burton (and the TAS crew following his lead) didn't create the model for Gotham. Even the Bronze Age Adams / Aparo stuff was pretty much just Taxi Driver knockoff 70's urban NYC hell.

Boo fucking hoo nigger
He literally killed in every movie but B&R.

For the collective mind of the average guy Batman tries not to kill but kills if pushed enough.

He also has 2 "up to the reader" murders in some of his most famous books (TKJ and TDKR) that also shape the popular view. He straight up killed Robin in TDKSA.

Batman killing is nothing new. And its certainly not a really important part of his character. If Batman killed the Joker after TKJ, would you see it as something bad? Not me.

I wasnt there: the post, the movie.

89 started a phenomenon called Batmania you fucking retard. It was literally loved by everyone.

And Returns was only pushed from Mc Donalds meals because it was too dark.

It was also well received and made a shit ton of money.

>implying Smith doesn't deserve the hate
i still like Mallrats though

Kevin Smith is right to criticize Burton. Batman was a terrible movie. But nostalgia, so I'm a fag with shit taste or something. Whatever.

You don't have to like anything Smith has written; we're not comparing the two's work. Burton is an ass and Smith called him out on it. It doesn't matter what he did or didn't write or how good it was or wasn't.

And a fuck load of twinkies too.

Why would anyone tweet something like this

>I wasnt there: the post, the movie.
I saw 89 and Returns day one in the fucking movies, retard. I HATED Batman Returns, rightfully so. It was shit. I don't give a fuck how "dark" the parents association thought it was. Catwoman fell 60 stories, got licked by cats and became Catwoman. It was shit

>nigger
!!!!!
Please watch your language!

>Catwoman fell 60 stories, got licked by cats and became Catwoman. It was shit
As opposed to the multitude of plausible Batman villains exposed to industrial waste/chemicals?

>For the collective mind of the average guy Batman tries not to kill but kills if pushed enough.

Funnily enough, in the movies Batman kills rather offhandedly, you'd never guess he has a "code" against it except that on occasion he mentions it in conversation.

daily reminder that Keaton Batman and Clooney Batman are supposed to be the same characters in the same universe

the only joker the best joker.

You don't know what dyslexia is do you?

You sound like a cuck.

Delexia is a form of retardation, though.

Look that shit was like 25 years ago. Back then they didn't have nearly as much to work with with the character as they do now. Yeah if that happened today we'd flip, but it worked for the movie, it fit the theme and Burton's general style and tone, not to mention Pfeifer killed it as Catwoman. Hell, it was better than her DCAU appearances.

There are a few scenes in Returns where Burton plays with the lighting and shadows so that Bats' eyes looked luminous and thus almost white. Don't have a pic with me tho

Other than raping the comic books, what's wrong with that? Would some internal dialogue about her being visited by the cat goddess make it better for you?

I think she's Moon Knight light, very efficiently introduced together with the main villain.

Wait, are you one of those that believe the cats resurrected her? Rewatch the scene, she was never dead, falling through all those tents slowed down the fall. Simply the traumatic experience made her snap

holy shit

What's wrong

Wait really?
I mean, it's a fucking 27 year old movie and you're telling me this NOW?

>He literally killed in every movie but B&R.

It wasn't his fault. It was either those ducks or the good people of Gotham.

The United Underworld forced him to make a sacrifice.

Also, I'm a bit rusty - did he kill in Sub-Zero or Mask of the Phantasm?

Kek the cats didn't magically resurrect her with their magic cat tongues user.

Watch the movie, she was already bottled up and waiting to have a breakdown at any moment and the traumatic event pushed her over the edge. Why do you think the movie spends so much time showing what a loser she is?

>Dad... please... everyone can read that...

>For the collective mind of the average guy Batman tries not to kill but kills if pushed enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=4nMpC7i-Enc

He didn't fucking try very hard

Yeah, what this guy said. I was too young for batman 89 but I saw returns in the cinema and loved it. Still got it on OG vhs