Active Separatist Movements in Europe

How does this make you feel, fellow Europeans?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgaria
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_First
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Bosnia
>Spain
jesus

>active

sure thing, mate

It's ridiculous, they don't have good reasons to separate.

Texans are different. Most want to separate because they don't want their liberty taken away, that's a good reason to want independence. European regions want to separate for silly reasons such as "we have our own culture", "I don't feel Spanish", whatever that means. They are retarded.

what's that red thing in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia?
Samis?
they don't want to separate I think
they have some autonomy from being "native minorities"
and you might have some crackpot shouting for independence
but there is no active movement at all

>Cornwall
>whatever that thing is in the north east
>active

>Frisians
>actively seeking separation

but that's not true, they continuously vote for big government parties

>Sami people
>Independent
Lol, they would be piss poor without the money from Norway/Sweden/Finland. Herding reindeer wont build you hospitals or schools, or the small amount of tourism. Same thing with Åland, only way they could survive is to make their "country" a tax-heaven.

What's the deal with having 'natives' in Nordic countries? Are they mongols or just uncivilised?

All i can say about this is: Elsass frei, unsere land, unsere sproche, unsere völk

Is there any example of a small state which separated from a bigger country and were much more succesful this way?

And I don't mean USSR, because that was something else.

USA?

Pretty great. I want more smaller countries in Europe, that is European way not this unifying and everyone doing the same shit.
More competition between systems

>It's ridiculous, they don't have good reasons to separate.
Not your call. They are gown ups and should decide for themselves.

They are uncivilised mongols, close to the finns but without the civilization part. They came in here just years before the native finns and after that came the rest of the nordics.

They descend from nomadic/pastoralist peoples in Siberia
but they are very mixed with Nordic peoples, so many of them look different from others

they aren't really "natives" as they only appeared in Northern Scandinavia maybe as early as the 1st century AD

white scandinavians are descended from mesolithic peoples, and later neolithic peoples from south-eastern europe
so whites are natvies, but they are the majority

Bullshit, a lot of these don't exist or are meme tier. There is no serious Frisian seperatist movement in the Netherlands whatsoever, and if there were, they're certainly not aiming to form a united Frisia with the German part of Frisia

The US separated from the British

God I fucking wish north Italy would fuck off, if anything that would shut the Lega up.

Only ETA and IRA are active

Dude, I already said that!

Was USA smaller than the UK?

Also USA was on a different continent, they weren't part of a continuous territory, like the separatist regions in OP's map.

It's much harder to separate a continuous state than a kingdom with overseas territories.

Yorkshire independence when

>Andalusia
>independence
ayylmao
I'd vote yes to kick those leechers out of Spain

well considering the picture is for ants
i can't even read the god damn text

Kosovo
Montenegro
South Sudan
Eritrea (they actually beat Ethiopia few times which has 90 mil population wit their 5 million population)
Timor

>USA
>small state

Åland doesn't want to separate. Their party(Swedish People's Party) wants to keep them relevant in Finland. They're also racist against Finns.

ETA isn't active anymore.

>castile wants to separate itself from pretty much itself

also wtf is ingria, i've never heard of that

that map is bullshit. If most of these movements are as meme as the Moravian one, then they are all shit

> Was USA smaller than the UK?
Are you comparing the first 13th colonies tu the fucking huge British Empire of that time or do you only want tou count the British Isles? Either way, yes.

only real countries don't have separatism
>almost 1400 years old
>no separatism
>feelsgood.jpg

Most of them are memes.

Well they get arrested all the time and try to be relevant.

> Romanian education
Not knowing about the original 13 colonies

Sweden recently got some Norrland independence movement going on. It's retarded beyond belief.
However, the pic I posted is about the samis.

How can your country be 1400 years old when the bulgarian state was formed in 3 March 1878, 500 years ago being annexed as a ottoman province?

Lol wat? Those are all total shit holes.

Well even if they're not active they're still terrorists, so they must go to jail.

Such a privileged minority starting to bite the feeding hand and where else than Sweden. Alltho some talk has been about a similar thing in Finland but its just been some crazy fuck whos been smoking too much powdered reindeer bones.

>How does this make you feel, fellow Europeans?

It's sad to so few of my fellow German tribesmen don't want to secede from this unholy union and protect what is left of their culture. We used to be a federal stronghold and now even that is gone.

So you think if Catalonia will separate, they will grow to have the same size as the USA?

It's a much different situation.

As I said, provide an example of a continuous territory from which a smaller region has split and went on to become much more succesful.

The USA was on a different continent and had ample space to expand. Catalonia doesn't. So they're going to be a smaller weaker state.

Only in UK you can get in jail just for belonging in a terrorist organization. In countries where ETA is relevant they actually must do something, even it's all failures.

>Not your call.
Yes it is. If you bang your head against a wall, that's stupid even If it's true that you're an adult and can do whatever you want.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgaria

>680/681

seriously , isn't that hard ? Are you new to the internet ?
(we are second oldest cunt ,1st is san marino)

What? We jail people for just supporting ETA, even if they're not part of it.

Then Singapore
Maybe, just maybe Ireland
Slovenia, Croatia

The bulgarian empire was formed in 680 BUT the Modern Bulgarian state is a descendent of Principality of Bulgaria and has no connection with the Second Bulgarian Empire, that as annexed as a ottoman province.

>Castilla
>Andalusia
it makes me feel like I'm looking at complete and absolute bullshit. even catalonian independence is a money meme

There is no separatist movement in Azores. In Madeira they only mention it when they want money.

pro tip : we never change our name

This map is bullshit, they just mark every single group that has ever even said something about being independent. Like the Sami people, or Åland, none of those are serious about being independent because they would get fucked in the ass.

>bavaria
>independence movement
top cuck, im from south east bavaria and there is no such thingg whatsoever

The name has no relevance.

>Yes it is. If you bang your head against a wall, that's stupid even If it's true that you're an adult and can do whatever you want.
Afraid of free Catalunya?
I will support them if I get the chance, and Basques too and Galicians too

>Spain will be balkanized in your lifetime
Smaller countries mean Portugal would look big in comparison, and then be the major player in this Penisula. yes, people would once again look up to us.

>Śląsk
This map is total bullshit

Great, an holy roman empire all over again, only bigger.

>balkanizing the entirety of Europe

holy fuck that's retarded

>looks at UK
At least we're not the only county where every region has a separatist movement

tell that to cuckmenistan

and by the way... stay mad

Finland and Fennoman movement

You are the only mad one here, trying to cope with a meme laughing face.

Like I give a fuck, Serbia's main exports are alleged war crimes and other, smaller, countries.

Kek, the Occitan separatist movement?
The only regions that have noticeable "movements" or identity is Bretagne and Corse.

Literally all of those except for the Catalonian and Eastern Ukrainian ones are run by severely autistic morons who are about as good at politics as they are at making small talk.

Do you like those lazy Sicilian darkies?
Do you like those Milanese fascists?
Do you like those southern gommies?
What is the point of paying for lazy shitheads?
Bigger on a map is not bigger on a plate

>Crimea
So they want back into Ukraine or something?

What about Switzerland and the Soviet Union or in some regards Shanghai?

>The USA was on a different continent and had ample space to expand. Catalonia doesn't. So they're going to be a smaller weaker state.
Also I don't see your correlation between the size of a country and its "success". Great Britain looks very small on the map compared to what it conquered so they didn't stay a small and weaker state.

And of course your implication is wrong that expansion is desirable.

Cornish nationalism is just something they invented for tourism. There are only like a dozen actual Cornish nationalists. The North Eastern one is probably the autismoids that run the Yorkshire First Party.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_First

Federalism, devolution, and eventual localization are the only steps forward to the future, and the best path to defeat globalism in the 21st century.

As an Austrian, I've never heard of a serious separatist movement in Kärnten.

Someone bretheren please enlighten me.

ALSO CAN YOU POST A MORE TINY MAP U FUCK

In theory

The problem is, if you actually go and try to put all those peoples in jail you would only end up stirring even more unrest than there was before, expecially around the relatives of the jailed peoples.
It's like swatting a beehive with a stick, the bees will come out, and angry.

Now that genetic testing on the finns proofs that we are not European genetically, we need to get reparations for being opressed POC

Also
>Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
>A separatist movement
I think their governments have tried to unify with Cyprus proper for at least the last 15 years

Here's the original one from Wiki

First you make the state small than you can smash it!

Never heard about crimean separatists.
Russia gave a huge dotation to crimea, something around 129 billion rubles in 2014.
Life there is far from great, but it's definatly better than to live in a shithole that is ukraine, especially east ukraine with civil war going on.

If we didn't do that, ETA would still exist and doing their daily terrorist attacks. Good thing we are not like Germany or France

That map is spreading a shitload of misunderstanding.
Just becouse a moron said "we want to split the country in half, claiming x, y and z", doesn't mean the whole population of x,y and z wants that.

Yeah I don't understand if it's referred to when some Crimean Russian wanted into Russia and it's not been updated or if it refers to Crimean Tartars or something

I thought- zeeland is more speratistic than frisia.
Explain yourselfs flatearthers

quite better

>has no connection

Don't feed the trolls,бpaт.

Not really, we jail and fine people even for posting comments supporting ETA on the internet, and we usually sent the terrorists to prisons far from the basque country so their families can't visit them. Hell, we even created death squads to kill basque terrorists in France back in the day.
And yet support for basque separatism is decreasing each year.

It only takes a few people to be a movement

>ingrea

And about separatists from Leningrad Oblast's (west region in russia with access to the Baltic Sea).
It's bullshit, ingrea practically don't exist. There are 3,5 nitwit with no infuence on society whatsoever, but nothing more.

2bh there should be one to separate the south and reunite the north with Galicia though. Fuck those Lisbon moors stealing the money from the whole country.

>South Tyrol
>(union with Austria)

I thought they changed it to independence some years ago.

What even is this map.
Prussia?
I mean I understand that Kaliningrad was once german, but now there are 78% russians, 8% whiterussians, 7% ukrainian people and 0.6% germans.

So I'm calling bullshit that there is a separatist movement for Preusen

Same.

yes it has no connection, what is so hard to understand?

>RAŚ (Movement for autonomy of Silesia)
>Not a gigantic meme
>Not leaded by somoeone who opennly hate Poland
>Not a secert german option since it's pandering only for Germans and not real Silesians
>Active in Czech Cieszyn

Yeah, no. Even fucking Kaszubs have bigger chance to succeed

Look at the wiki page. It's smells like hardcore separatic agenda.

>All cunt have some weird """officail""" seperatistic movments

yceтих ce , къcнo.

For what I know they would want an independent unified Tyrol state, but they would have to convince Austrian Tyrol and then discuss if historically tyrollean land of Trenton can into independent Tyrol or not

>Latgale
>Seperatism
Yeah right. Who the fuck is creating this propaganda?

Occitania, Brittany, and Nornandy retake France in the muslim civl war

>tfw people want to join your country because it's so based

> Catalonia
Lol wut? Did I say anything about Catalonia?
> As I said, provide an example of a continuous territory from which a smaller region has split and went on to become much more succesful.
Just a reminder, your original question below:
> Is there any example of a small state which separated from a bigger country and were much more succesful this way?
No word "continuous". Stop changing your question!