House of Cards (UK)

Is this worth watching?

Better than the edgy original

You might very well think that, but of course I couldn't possibly comment.

Bump

Part 1 is absolute kino, Part 2 is top-tier, Part 3 is meh/10.

Also, /our guy/

This guy gets it
It's interesting to note both versions of this series started to go off the rails AFTER Francis takes power
Clearly the story works much better as a journey part. rather than getting to the destination

The story is hard to film structurally. It's a rise and fall arc, but Francis goes through so much shit to complete the rise that it's hard to do justice to the fall. Both versions suffer from this.

>Muh Malta
>Muh wife

After all the crafty shit both versions of Francis pull, it's hard to take either seriously as anything but an asspull.

Season 1 especially. It had the amazing fortune of being broadcast when Margaret Thatcher was being ousted and the parallels between real life and this 'fiction' were absolutely uncanny.

>Muh Malta
You mean Cyprus but you're dead right, it's a contrived situation; hard to accept FU getting so rattled by it when he had just taken down the fucking King

yes, Urquhart is a true psycho

S3 opens with Thatcher's funeral, which was so controversial the guy who wrote the original novels asked for his name to be taken out of the credits

Funny that both shows lost their way and compensated by having lazy writing and on-the-nose references to real life in the 3rd season/series.

The US version especially which already should've been shorter since there's no kangz here.

I just finished a rewatch the other day. Such an incredibly good series.

I hear people hating on S3, but I don't really get where it's coming from (other than the overuse of DAAAAAAADDY/burning Cypriot dudes flashbacks).

Makepeace, Booza Pitt and Mrs. Carlsen are all excellent characters, and S3 has a really important message that it nails on the head - that the real power is in the security services.

Yes, daddy, yes

Better than the current one but still heavy on the progressive bias. The "power couple with an open relationship kept in check only by tenacious journalists" is a genre heavily geared towards women. If you are a man you can stop following politics and news and form your own opinions by getting into more situations yourself.

>heavy on the progressive bias
Fucking lol, Michael Dobbs is about as conservative as you could get
You're just a little broflake looking for nonexistent things to get triggered about

does it have retarded murder/doug sideplots too?

No.

The American version is much better, as per usual.

>It's interesting to note both versions of this series started to go off the rails AFTER Francis takes power
I'm not so sure. He takes power in Part 1, and Part 2 is still brilliant. It starts to go downhill in Part 3, but that's because he's removed most of his enemies already.

I'm not sure where the progressive bias was in the UK version. Urquhart is an awful guy, but his ideals aren't presented as inherently evil.

>that's because he's removed most of his enemies already.
The point of Part 3 is that he is his own worst enemy now for lack of external antagonists. I like the US version, but the original is an absolutely better - at least to this burger who finds the UK political structure interesting and sometimes overwhelming in its complexity.

Those parallels were the point lad, it was a satire of contemporary politics

Series 1 was one of the best things ever shown on TV. Series 2 was good. Series 3 was bonkers.

What kind of bonkers? Good bonkers or bad bonkers?