ITT: Forgotten Characters

Remember when he was a big deal co?

It always depresses me when characters with promise just vanish and we're stuck with the same shit we've always been stuck with.

I thought his whole point was that he wasn't a big deal.

Back then we had marvel pushing: arana, gravity, sentinel, machine teen, young avengers, runaways, nomad, that scorpion girl, new x men kids, amadeus cho, x-23 and that red ravens daughter

After that failed we had: avengers academy kids and aarons shitty xkids

Now we have marvel pushing: miles, kamala, nova and who else is new that will one day be forgotten?

Meanwhile Some young avengers became new avengers, Cho became hulk and laura became wolverine.

Red raven, half of avengers academy and sentinel died in that shitty hopeless series. Nomad died in the best onslaught story ever and The rest are basically forgotten for the better.

The only good thing I find out of all this is that Aarons Xfags finally feel what new xmen fags felt for years.

Poor Gravity.

He deserved better.

He was a solid nuSpider-Man character.

Oh man i thought i was the only one who remembered these guys. They were an interesting fun concept. I hated that they were basically given free powers tho. Like wtf Tony use that for the military not celebrities.

Now that I think about it the teregenesis is a good excuse for these guys to keep their powers.

Now we got nova for that. Soon he shall be forgotten as well.

I want a series about a bunch of these heavily promoted but forgotten characters as a team, in Nextwave/New Avengers/GLA style.

co lost their shit over this guy. He had an interesting mini. The slott character however was insufferable.

>The only good thing I find out of all this is that Aarons Xfags finally feel what new xmen fags felt for years.
Thank God. Those fucking X-Kids were just awful.

Nope. Me neither. The mini was pretty awesome, but he never was a big deal, was he?

Marvel only pushed him because he was the first original property they had in a long time. Honestly, the character would work better at Image than in Marvel, where he was always destined to obscurity.

remember when vibe existed and johns said he might show up in darkseid war?

neither does dc

HE'S IN A SHOW, COME ON DC GIVE ME A MINI

Honestly, if I ever become a Marvel writer, I probably wouldn't even bother creating new characters.

That's the Marvel attitude! You're hired!

Report to Stan's home at 11:30pm next Wednesday to prepare for the ritua- I mean interview

You ever think that most of these characters are forgotten is to avoid paying royalties?

Of course not, it's work for hire, creators only get royalties for reprints of comics they worked on, not for the characters.
The real reason is that writers would rather use old classic characters they grew up with than new characters created by some other writer.

No it's that nobody gives a shit about newer characters unless editorial pushes writers to do it or if said characters have a surprisingly big and vocal fanbase

Writers want to create their own or use their faves from when they were younger, not use a character from the run before

I remember that he died, and his funeral had the Hood, the Inhumans, Deathlok, Hank Pym, and Mac Gargan (Scorpion / Venom).

Silk will soon suffer the same fate.

I loved these guys, why can't they just bring them back as the new west coast avengers?

>remember when vibe existed and johns said he might show up in darkseid war?

Johns also said the female Copperhead of the Arkham Origins game would appear in the nu52 and them nothing.

Someone should write a series that incorporates all the different X-kids generations. New Mutants,Generation X,Young X-Men the works.

Sup Forums lost their shit because Marvel kept saying that Alpha was a full time permanent side kick.

That mini was comfy, one of the first things I read from Marvel.

they completely dropped that plot line ddint they? Along with superwomans origins being deleted from grids databanks and captain colds planned heist with the rogues.

Were is my sunshine superman ongoing DC.

Hope
Simon Dark
Has DC's Frankenstein showed up anywhere lately?

I think he popped up in Grayson briefly and Batman and Frankenstein.

But I don't think he's had anything going for him in the DCYou.

When the new Atom book starts, do you think anyone will remember Ray used to work for SHADE?

Royalties would be little to nothing on a character like Gravity. Here's Mark Waid to explain some fun facts about comic royalties. It's mostly DC related but Marvel fits in with new characters.

>By way of example, let’s take Impulse, a character I co-created with artist Mike Wieringo. Mike and I signed a contract that grants us a small percentage of all revenue DC might earn off Impulse action figures, merchandise, guest-starring roles on Young Justice or Smallville, what have you. It’s hardly buy-a-boat money; I get maybe a couple hundred bucks off of every action figure (because of the equity deal) and a few cents off every trade paperback collection or digital sale (because of the royalty agreement), but it adds up and I do see something, enough for a nice meal every few months. And that’s the deal I agreed to at the time, and that’s fine. But that’s the limit of DC’s legal, contractual obligation to us.

>The confusion about extra-media compensation arises in that Levitz, while he was DC’s publisher, made it a policy to cut respectable bonus checks to writers and artists, regardless of legal obligation, if elements from any of their stories (even work-for-hire ones) made it into outside media adaptations movies or TV shows. Did you like the scene in Batman Begins where young Bruce Wayne climbs a Himalayan mountain holding a blue flower? Christopher Priest got paid for having come up with that. Or the scene where Bruce Wayne picks out a potential Batmobile from among his own holdings? That was lifted from a Chuck Dixon-written comic, and Paul sent Dixon a check to acknowledge that. Same with dozens of similar moments in cartoons, DVDs, and so forth and so on. It wasn’t legally necessary, it was totally at Paul’s discretion and only Paul knows what math he used to determine what he felt would be fair, but it was a goodwill gesture from an exec sympathetic to the creative community.

>And most critically, it wasn’t a written policy or guarantee. It was a courtesy.

>Once Paul left, that courtesy was deemed no longer necessary by the executives and the policy was rolled back, as was DC’s absolute prerogative. Currently, DC pays bonuses only on material that’s a straight and highly faithful adaptation of existing work; for instance, Frank Miller (rightfully) got a check for the recent DARK KNIGHT RETURNS animated movies, but if the next animated film takes its plot from (say) BATGIRL: YEAR ONE but calls it “BATMAN: BATGIRL BEGINS” and adds anything to the story, Chuck Dixon and Marcos Martin will receive nothing. DC has removed itself from the complicated business of having to evaluate how much certain adapted elements are “worth” and instead simplified the system to “pay” or “don’t pay,” with “don’t pay” the default. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed to learn, for example, that I’d be receiving no compensation for the JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM animated film even though WB was actively billing it as based on my and Howard Porter’s JLA: TOWER OF BABEL, but I couldn’t be angry or resentful and have a leg to stand on. DC or its owners, Warner Bros., were not legally entitled to compensate me for re-use of dialogue or plots or concepts because there was no contract that said they’d have to (and unless things have changed recently, such a contract would never have been an option). Moreover, they have no motive to Chapter compensation; paying courtesy bonuses don’t benefit the stockholders in any way, nor do they in any way uptick profits or sell more comics.

>that scorpion girl
Her initial story was really nice and then she just got fucked over so bad, leading to her randomly being a villain/non-SHIELD merc allied with fucking Kraven's family and wearing a Scorpion suit.

I think her mother got used more than her even.

His mini was great and I liked the twist on the "redeem yourself" story arc that no matter how well meaning he's a terrible hero who causes more problems than he solves.

WHERE IS HE?

The Order was awesome
SoCal celebrity hero Gods
it's like Wicked + Divine but not gay

Well desu, Oya ( the girl that control fire and ice ) is still alive and part of the all new x-men, also you could consider Evan an Aaron kid too since he was one of the protagonist of WatX and he is even more important than Oya just because he is apocalypse clone.

His absence baffles me. I know that Gillen wanted to use him, but was denied because there were "plans", which never materialized.
You'd think that Marvel would love to promote a character like him.

Idie is a fucking blight. That Akira wannabe should have killed her and the rest of Hope's gang of losers.

So much wasted potential
>Inventor/Scientist who workd under Tony Stark
>Reverse engineers Klaws Sonic Disruptor with a few upgrades, one which can harm Klaw indefinitely
>Badass hearing aid with arc reactor core, Vibranium shielding, & practically gives him super hearing
>Girl gets alien crystal absorbed inside her
>Gains solid light powers
They got a current 4 part mini-series this year in comic strip form running. But the 1st part was in May & the other 3 haven't released yet, leaving it on a cliff hanger. I have some hope they will release the new one this year but...

>works*
Fucking hate phones sometimes

>x-23 is forgotten
not as much as the others listed

I remember

whose the girl?