What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Lack of focus and direction. Once their initial shtick of "normal situation TURNS CUH-RAZY" wore thin they floundered trying to figure out where to go while still being entertaining.

Add relationship drama

Went on for too long.
You can take "regular shit gets hella weird" only so far before it's starts losing steam.

Which was a definite symptom of a lack of direction. It was as though they didn't understand that fans discussing the various relationships of the show was really only of secondary interest, and they could never accurately pinpoint what their fans liked about Regular Show. And I don't necessarily blame them, given that Regular Show's appeal is different for everyone, but it is not unreasonable to say that basing entire episodes around the kind of relationship drama you'd see in a Tumblr fanfic is absolutely NOT what the majority of fans wanted.

Like most shows, the premise of this show got repetitive and annoying. While it was a good show, It definitely didn't need more than 3 seasons. Sometimes people don't know when to stop..

>Sometimes people don't know when to stop..
dont blame the crew, blame CN for keeping it alive

Were all supposed to relate to Mordecai.

Its a good premise except for his relationship crap.

And god help you if you related to Rigby or Benson.

It stopped trying to be Angry Beavers and started trying to be Adventure Relationship Time

It made its characters too relatable but didn't follow up on that in broad strokes. It focused too much on one character and an aspect of him that should have been balanced out by other ones. Other characters didn't really get much spotlight. The remaining episodes got too predictable.

It's still fun with cute characters.

How was this like Angry Beavers?

The sad part is even after they got rid of it, they never got a hold of what made those first two seasons special. The shtick of normal situations gone horribly wrong was supplemented by pretty believable characters; Mordecai and Rigby were your atypical college slackers coasting through their life without any worries at the moment, Benson was an aged but reasonable boss (I always hated how they overexaggerated his anger and his "woe is me :(" girl problems as the seasons went) Skips is that quiet co-worker who's got some history and Pops was an eccentric but childish head/owner who's in his place cause of nepotism. The show always managed to have some draw because of ironically human these non-human characters were. If they would have at least kept that lowkey characterization in the latter seasons it wouldn't have been so bad but after the second half of season 4 where the relationshit really hit the fan they just became cookie cutter cartoon characters with Mordecai and Benson getting the worst of it.

This last season of shooting them off into space is the capstone of their lack of focus; they couldn't find any shaky premise to root itself on beyond its slice of life so it took a fairly funny but standalone special and bloated it into "serious business" in the stupid dome arc. Having to resort to the cliche'd "IN SPAAAAAACE" plot so many earlier cartoons resorted to is really telling of how far this show fell from its roots.

On a personal note, I really didn't like what they did to Rigby and kind of neuter'd his personality to make it possible for him to work in the earlier relationshit episodes. He was great because he was a piece of shit and there were hints earlier on that there was fairly understandable reason for why he ended up like that, but nah just make him have daddy issues and rush through him getting a G.E because "whoa his GF inspired him to do so much what a great person Rigby is because of Eileen" :)"

The formula became tiresome. Its novelty of wacky shit happening during every day situations lost its charm. They realized this in the last couple seasons and started focusing on adding a bit more plot. However it is too little too late.

this.

it doesn't make it a bad show, it fell into the same trap as Adventure Time.

we had real people in crazy situations that didn't involve girlfriends and heartbreak.

as soon as there was a lovey-dovey focus, the characters became more ideal than real and lost touch with what connected them to the viewers.

>relationshit

Opinion discarded.

K, enjoy seven seasons of building up supposed romatic relationships only to drop it all for attempted dramatic flair just to have it go all the way back to square zero. At least AT had the characters change beyond not being in couples.

Thanks, I did enjoy those seven seasons I watched from the beginning. What I didn't enjoy is fedoralords like you chime in, wording their opinion like a bitter dude who was just put in the friendzone.

> I watched from the beginning.

Cool, so did I.

>What I didn't enjoy is fedoralords like you chime in, wording their opinion like a bitter dude who was just put in the friendzone.

>its "le fedora neckbeard xD" just to express distaste in a relationship that built up nowhere and had to rely on cliche to get any degree of movement.

There was a point in watching this show where I would have been fine with Margaret and Mordecai being a couple. There was also a point where I would have been fine with Mordecai and CJ being a couple. Those points ended after they arbitrarily broke them up with the latter being excruciatingly forced just to drum up drama for ratings that didn't work. It doesn't help that they ignored the rest of the cast and devolved them to one note archetypes just to focus on this one plot for a while and then drop it because "dude space lmao."

But what do I know, I'm a fat fedora r/athiesm browsing redditor apparently.

Morby wasnt canon

They cant be too surprised.

>They cant be

17 year old girl detected

will you be my gf?