Steve Orlando is writing JLA

Steve Orlando is writing JLA

Neat

Then who's gonna write JSA ;_;

But good for Orlando, hopefully it's not just the big 7 like Hitch's JLA

FUCK YEAH!

Awesome, amazing job whoever is guiding these DCyoU guys to their next jobs

justice league doesn't have the jsa crossover tradition

>Newly-exclusive DC writer Steve Orlando will helm the upcoming Justice League of America title. First announced in the initial wave of 'Rebirth' news this past spring, earlier this week the publisher revealed that the title would spin-out of the events of the December/January event Justice League vs. Suicide Squad.

I hope it's people who aren't in another book right now, spread some of the love around, don't just give us the same characters in slightly different contexts.

>September 2016
>it's a great time to be a DCfag

my body is ready

I don't think it will be just the big 7, judging by this tweet.

Good good

Hopefully Harley isn't on it

>Harley Hater having a field day

>it's a great time to be a DCfag
Rebirth might even top Copper or even Diamond era DC, and those are fucking unbelievably hard to beat

Quick Sup Forums, tell me your ideal JLA roster.

Fantastic News!!

Rebirth is getting better and better!!!

Just let it happen, Orlando.

I'd take out Wondy and Jessica since they're already in JL and replace them with other characters (Vixen and Supergirl?), but otherwise that's great.

Too OP. Replace Wondy with Black Canary and ditch Wally and Cyborg.

Oh right, Cyborg too. I'd replace him with Hawkman.

could be possible?
JLA is going to spin out of the JL/SS crossover (although its probably just going to be the same premise of Johns short lived JLA)

I'm almost sure Dick and MM will be in the team. MM is Orlando's favorite comic character (I don't think he'll pass the opportunity to use him) and King kept going on about how Dick will be elevated in the DCU.

I'd love for Midnighter to be in it too.

They're not gonna break up the Titans and they're definitely not gonna strip their two most important members from the team.

I included Diana as a stalwart of the traditional League, as well as her being the only one of the Trinity that'd be comfortable with Midnighter's traditional tactics.
Admittedly, Jessica was more for the female Hispanic and Lantern demos. Guess I could replace her with Kyle though.
OP was admittedly what I was going for. I wanted to give this version of the League a speedster, and figured Wally had plenty of experience that he remembered. Plotwise I also figure if they are going for Wally remembering the Pre-Flashpoint universe, he might also remember his friendship with Vic down the road, and figured if Orlando brings Middy, he might want to bring Dick out to play, which exposes the current Titans roster to it as well. I also really like Vic bringing the Boomtube transportation for the team, and think his exposure to all data becomes more topical every day.
So King said Dick will rise?

Admittedly however, you all all right. I wasn't set on it, but was the combo I went with before getting off the clock yesterday. I certainly appreciate your recs however.

I feel like it'd be a good time to throw in the sort of classic JL members who have been "off" since the New 52, like Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, etc.

Maybe some other characters that have just been hanging in limbo lately like Animal Man.

Dick is on Titans tho

Yeah, there's no way Wally West would be okay with Midnighter's bullshit. Dick shouldn't really, either, but I guess Orlando already made that bridge.

Yeah that's true, but I'm thinking about how he could be "elevated in the DCU" like King and Seeley said. Going back to Nightwing and being on Titans is not what I would call elevated, just more of the same thing.

Unless those plans changed with Rebirth, I have no idea.

Midnighter dialed back the killing when he was with Dick, but those seemed to be his days off.

Did Wally snap a neck or two of his own during his Flash days when pushed to the edge?

Replace Mera with Power Girl

Dick is stuck in Titans. He won't be put on another team. His fans need to give up.

I want to see Batman and Superman uncomfortable while their gay analogues get cozy and romantic. Or at least aware of the fact the other two are a little bit too much like them, and gay.

She's still on E2...or are you talking the one they don't even remember?

How about this instead?

Since Midnighters last outing was against the SS I expect he'll be on the JLA

I don't remember Wally ever killing anyone. He did want to kill Inertia, though.
He doesn't kill. He does worse.

>He does worse.

Damn son, that's pretty brutal.

Post the Zoom one, Satan.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I don't believe I have it dubdubber.

Possibly, he did like this tweet so I want to believe.

But what about Super Sons? I want my shota team up book already

>King on Batman
>Orlando on JLA
Let's get Seely on a big book in addition to Nightwing. DC's promoting the next gen up.

They're building up to it, pham.

>Inb4 Marvel swiped them up as exclusives after DC turns them into big names like Lemire and Soule
That was pretty hard when I first heard about it.

DC has them as exclusives m80. They were some of the first when DC started locking talent up a few months back.

Lemire was DC exclusive for a long time, it was time for him to switch

Already signed. The only way either King, Seely or Orlando are getting out of DC now is when DC's done with them and ready to move on.

That was a fakeout.

Honestly I wouldn't mind Harley on a JL team with Orlando writing.

His Harley was pretty fun in Midnighter, but I'm still sick of her character and I'd rather have anyone else on the team.

Hopefully it's got the new returning characters everyone missed

The Atoms, Beetle, Wally, a JSA legacy character.

Oh, and Martian Manhunter.

>orlando writing Wally in jla

dont get my hopes up

Interesting.

JLA doesn't have the history of big roster change ups that Avengers has, so it'll be neat to see him do something totally crazy with it.

Supergirl is obvious, but I wonder if he'd have the balls to include Midnighter, Apollo and Jenny Quantum.

You should mind. Harley is an awful character.

I know.

yes please

Ollie
Dinah
Hal
Hawkman
Vixen
Black Lightning
Martian Manhunter
Zatanna
Maybe Wally

Good. Hitch's JL is fucking garbage.

9/9 roster, good taste, user.

>Kurt Angle joins the justice league

How hard would you Mark?

Dick and Donna are the type of heroes that could easily pull double duty if the writers wanted them to.

>Dick will rise

I keked

>Supergirl is obvious, but I wonder if he'd have the balls to include Midnighter, Apollo and Jenny Quantum.

I'm betting we'll have a few Authority/Stormwatch characters included along with some JSA too.

This is coming out of JLvsSS, so naturally the team will be some kind of fusion between a team of JL-level heroes and some "former" criminals like Harley Quinn and Killer Frost.

I predict the roster will include:
>Martain Manhunter
>Harley Quinn
>Killer Frost
>Blue Beetle (probably Ted)
>Shazam
>Batwoman or Mera
>Either Midnighter or Apollo
>Maybe Nightwing
>Maybe Supergirl

JSA characters will be saved for the JSA Rebirth. Orlando himself implied it in a tweet.

And of course, there's the fact that Jim Lee keeps hinting at a Wildstorm "Rebirth." Seeley and Orlando will surely be first in line for that, too. Not sure if that makes it more or less likely that they'll show up in the JLA.

I will say, as Batman is involved in this event big time, it would make a lot of sense if Dick were to lead the JLA, and in that way, be keeping an eye on the team for Batman. Since this is spinning out from an event about Batman having an issue with the idea of the Suicide Squad, surely this JLA will be something related to the aforementioned Squad. And it would parallel well with Wally, who could easily join as a member of the JSA until Jay returns, seeing as Wally was the one looking for Johnny Thunder and is one of the few who remembers the Society even existed.

>mfw Steve lives doors down from me

DAMNIT STEVE, I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS. Hello to your corgis.

Steal the scripts user

>Seeley
>Williamson
>Williams
>Orlando
Man, there's a lot of writers getting collected for this. I woulda thought it would have been Seeley to write the JLvSS mini if it ties into his JLA.

Also I hope Fabok is drawing JLA then

Blackmail him into giving us at least one member of the roster

>Middy on JLA

pls

Are you the guy who made that thread months ago? What did you end up doing?

>Shazam and Midnighter on one team
yes please

Why is Supergirl obvious when they're doing a LoSH relaunch soon? Wouldn't they save her for that book like the JSA characters will be in their book apparently?

Because Orlando is writing the Supergirl book and the JLA book

>Orlando is writing both JLA and Supergirl
>Supergirl is working with the government/DEA
>JLA is a result of JL vs government enforced SS
Seems likely to me

>Nightwing
>Supergirl
>Kyle Rayner
>Black Lightning
>Firestorm
>Zatanna
>Black Canary
>a Hawk

It's Orlando's JLA, and it seems Seeley is just being brought in for the SS issues.

Still, based line-up of writers.

And Fabok on JLA is the dream, man.

LoSH will either have Mon-El or they'll re-establish classic Superboy for it, I doubt they'll move Supergirl over for that book when they can just as easily sell her solo and use a different character for the LoSH Rebirth.

still clinging to that's what super sons is gonna be somehow

I like it.

Steal his shit, user, we need that roster. I'm kidding, Orlando is way too nice of a guy, I wouldn't want that to happen to him. Also, what's it like being his neighbour?

give us
S H A Z A M
H
A
Z
A
M

Super Sons will really just be Damian and Jon, with Bruce, Clark, Lois, and maybe Dick as the supporting cast. I don't see them doing anything else.

I think promoting their current Robin and Superboy, the actual biological sons of DC's biggest heroes, is going to take priority to reintroducing Chris or Connor Kent, unfortunately.

I just hope the new Pantheon of Gods from Darkseid War aren't forgotten, Shazam's new powers are badass.

Steel
Poison Ivy
J'onn
Hal Jordan
Red Robin
Impulse
Booster Gold
Ted Kord
Mera

Hey, I remember you from that old thread.

Did you get to pet his doggo? I'm jealous.

that'd be a nice lineup

bump

Who's Steve Orlando?

Wrote Midnighter, currently writing Supergirl, about to write a crossover story in Batman. He's a good new talent.

This guy gets it

No.

> Midnighter and Apollo in a new team book

I'd kill for this. Let it happen, DC!

>people unironically like steve orlando

Going with this now:

>Martian Manhunter
>Green Arrow
>Kyle Rayner
>Apollo
>Supergirl
>Shazam
>Harley Quinn
>Killer Frost
>Nightwing or Batwoman

Fucking solid list

The Heckler was apparently confirmed for the team. I'm really happy about that, less because of the Heckler himself and more because it means Generic Man might show up as a villain and Generic Man is a really great villain.

It's also being edited by Khouri.

>based Aquaman
>based Titans
could he really go 3/3?

Titans is not good user