Just how brutal do you like your Batman?

Just how brutal do you like your Batman?

Almost as br00tal as this. almost.

0% brutal. I like my Batman to be Adam West-BATB tier. He punches people but doesn't go around beating vilains to pieces.

EAT GLASS LAWMAN

Variable.

So there is a possibility of a fat balding joker running around?

Neil Adams / Morrison is the perfect Batman to me. He's serious, methodical, even ruthless but he's not unhinged and hes a humanitarian at heart.
Nothing's more boring than a blood thirsty Batman.

Did you guys brutalize Falcone?

>edgy fags will literally refer to the same four comics over and over again versus 75 fucking YEARS of stories
lol

This

>triggered

ASBAR Batman is best Batman

Azbats should be the limit to batman brutality in the main books, but it doesn't matter how brutal he is in games/movies/side comics.

Didn't Azbats go crazy?

I don't think he should kill, except in an Elseworlds, but he should... actually, why don't I SHOW you how brutal I like Batman to be, by posting one of my favourite Batman stories?

its literally his first appearence

just a bit.

Aaaaand here

we

go.

Your point being?

Superman's first appearance has him threatening to rip a guy's still-beating heart out of his chest.

Man, I can imagine lots of people reading this page, and then getting super bummed when the next page reveals he's only MOSTLY dead. It kinda explains where the whole "Batman would be better without Robin" meme came from - people who want him to be more hardcore all the time.

Also? I love the weird green highlights on that Batmobile design. I like to think they're actual translucent panels, like the Batman Forever car, but an eerie green instead of friendly blue.

You're right, that's so out of character for Supes. The real Supes would've grabbed that motherfucker by the head and twisted till his neck snapped.

Hardcore af

Of course

I get annoyed as fuck by this too. They keep protesting too much, like that first year or two represented the PINNACLE of Batman writing and it's all been downhill ever since, but if they actually fuckin' read those comics, they'd know they're actually pretty boring, especially compared to the Superman or Captain Marvel comics of the time. They're mostly just hack-jobs of Shadow or Doc Savage stories, and poorly adapted from prose to comic at that. They're fun to read for curiousity's sake, but you're fooling yourself if you think Batman vs. Dr. Death is some unsung masterpiece. The reason stories like Batman vs. The Monk or the Monster Men get redone is because they're conceptually interesting, but nobody regards the originals as sacred cows. They smelled ancient even when they were new.

Golden Age Batman and Superman are equally shit. Captain Marvel was godtier, though.

Ehh, I'd argue Superman at least had better, more dynamic art behind it. And of course, it thrived in the 50s when the Captain Marvel crew were working on it, while Batman floundered.