Can we talk about how fucking stupid this character is?

>Wont let his daughter-who is the most qualified person on the planet to be Ant Man actually be Ant Man
>Is ok with his daughter committing corporate espionage on a homicidal maniac whilst having no Ant superpowers to back her up

Like seriously this took me out of the movie. They might has well had made a Wasp movie if you're going to repeatedly give all these reasons why Hope is objectively better than Scott.

I might be one of the few, but I'm still butt hurt over not having Antman be a Hank Pym movie. I also hate that Yellowjacket is a villain, and wasn't saved for later to be an alter ego for Hank. I get he doesn't have much of a rogues gallery, but at least use Egghead and Whirlwind first.

They admitted IN the movie that his decision didn't make sense, he was acting that way out of grief, because he didn't want to lose his daughter. He needed somebody expendable to wear the suit.

And she had to be in the building because if she wasn't, Cross would've gotten suspicious.

He wasn't okay with it though. It was just how things worked out and in the end it was still a lot safer then letting her put on the suit which he was afraid of because it was literally how his wife died.

This, now delete this dumb thread

What should have happened was they somehow work in a twist where Hank is crazy all along as was playing everyone in the movie. Yellowjacket is revealed to be his alter ego.

>Evangeline Lily's shit-tier wig

it's funny, cause Egghead will be the villain of Antman and the Wasp, and he's suposed to be an old baddie of Pym's time

That wasn't a wig

Ok edgar

That's an incredibly shitty haircut then.

>this took me out of the movie
You were never in the movie, you fuck.

/thread

For you maybe
Bobcuts are my fetish

I'd still run my dick through it.

I think it was implied that even though Darren's version of the Pym Particles was less stable, even his own had a toll on him mentally after continuous use (might have even slapped Janet) and he didn't want Hope to be exposed to the particles so he chose some thief he had no sympathy for.

I chuckled

>hating on bobcuts

I don't think it's implied his version is more unstable but he was unaware of the dangers of not wearing a protective helmet so it fucked with his head ontop of him already having issues.
A shitty Bobcut doesn't mean Bobcuts are shitty in themselves.

That's what I wanted. I feel like the whole movie was held back by having all these "safe" elements, like Scott being the funny everyman, basically inventing a love interest for Scott, and having a generic evil businessman villain.

Here's what I would have done:
>instead of a love interest, Scott develops more of a relationship with Cassie, since she is literally one of his character-defining elements
>replace Hope with an older Janet, who's separated from Hank but the two of them together develop an almost parental relationship with Scott that makes them start to fall in love again
>throughout the movie Hank displays some strange behavior and mood swings from time to time
>Darren Cross is still a bad guy, but Yellowjacket is a separate character who serves as the main antagonist
>the characters are lead to believe Cross is Yellowjacket
>the heist by Hank is to retrieve some nebulous technology from Cross
>the three characters come together through training for the heist, as it is in the movie
>climactic reveal is that Hank was Yellowjacket and just using Scott and Janet to get whatever technology Cross had
>Hank kills Cross, Scott and Hank have a fight
>Hank, being much more experienced, ultimately defeats Scott but Janet intervenes before the killing blow
>Hank leaves and the heroes failed to save the day
>but later Scott has repaired his reputation with his ex wife and gets to see Cassie more, and Janet has returned to the Wasp identity
>ending shows Hank using what he stole to complete Ultron, leading directly into Avengers 2
>Hank and Ultron are villains in Avengers 2 but Hank is ultimately redeemed when he returns to the Ant-Man identity
>Ant-Man 2 is a prequel about Janet and Hank's meeting and early adventures

There, a significantly more interesting movie that can attract skeptical audiences by tieing in so closely with Avengers 2.

Hank is too serious of a character, too heavy and a lot of readers have very strong opinions of him. Scott is safer, and far more applicable to the palates of Marvel's target demographics. Also they were probably afraid of people boycotting it if the main hero was a "vicious and mysoginistic wifebeater."

>Evangeline Lily's shit tier everything
Rashida Jones or bust.

>Hank Pym is actually crazy/evil
Groundbreaking stuff.

>Wont let his daughter-who is the most qualified person on the planet to be Ant Man actually be Ant Man

A lot of cops who are dads teach their kids to defend themselves, and those kids often become very capable and want to follow in their father's footsteps, but that doesn't mean the Dad will be happy about it, because it's a dangerous line of work. Same here. It's hypocritical and not entirely rational, but parents aren't with their kids, people aren't. Even the smartest people can be overwhelmed by strong feelings.

It's not like he actually thought that Darren was a true homicidal maniac. Even if he thought he was a mad scientist ultimately endangering the world.
And quite plausibly, he wasn't yet that in the beginning of the movie. And grew less and less stable as the days progressed and experiments escalated.

Also. As far I remember, Pym wasn't even satisfied with his daughter's current involvement anyway. It was just that she insisted if she wasn't allowed to be the ant-man.

Evangeline Lilly is literally perfect.

I expected something like this too but really, fuck Whedon, Ultron should've been the villain in Ant-Man then maybe show up in an Avengers movie, Loki worked so well because he was set up in Thor before the first Avengers
Maybe not having Hank be outright evil, but definitely a bit messed up in the head, maybe replace Cross with Ultron somehow? I mean, he already had so much of Ultron's personality it was actually impressive

Sup Forums is to stupid to pay attention to small details like dialogue

>Rashida Jones

Pleb.

>didn't want to lose his daughter.
Didn't you read OP faggots? OP is right.

>Is ok with his daughter committing corporate espionage on a homicidal maniac whilst having no Ant superpowers to back her up

OP is a faggot and therefore wrong