Where were you when Luke showed Trump who's boss?

Where were you when Luke showed Trump who's boss?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/joke
dictionary.com/browse/joke
thefreedictionary.com/joke
dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/joke
oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/joke
macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/joke_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not buying Marvel.

Yeah well at least I don't die in routine traffic stops

#rekt

>luke cage
>a black man whose power is that he is bulletproof
>cyborg
>a black man who is literally 3/5ths human
better electricity powers than this

Was the ambulance driving an illegal?

Oh look, another BLM protestor blocking traffic. Wonderful.

I think it was Jessica giving birth, I could be wrong though.

God damn, Trump supporters are so butthurt that you're getting triggered at "jokes" from before he got into politics.

neither does Luke.

what is this like 9 marvel comics now?

>where you are going
>you are the man
has this writer not heard of contractions? That's not how people speak.

>>you are the man

To be fair, sometimes that DOES get said, but usually it's one word at a time, like "You. Are. THE. MAN!"

based cage

Trump has been political for a very long time, it's just that now it's meme worthy.

What's the joke?

>HUR DUR FUCK YOU TRUMP LOOK HOW GREAT I AM FOR BEING DEMOCRAT

Isn't a joke. If you're gonna take the piss out of your political rivals at least have the decency to be clever.

That is a joke though, shitty jokes are still jokes and I don't know why Sup Forums pretends to be retarded when it comes to this.

Jesus Christ, only 3 stars for the Pokemon movie? Why should I believe anything this shit says?

>lib news
>trustworthy
Truer yet,
>"""news"""
>trustworthy

You're clearly very upset that someone had the nerve to make fun of GodEmperor Trump once in the past 30 years.

Remember when they actually made Zimmerman paler in his photo?

He wasn't a political rival at the time, you dumbass. He was a rich guy known for putting his name on every building he owned. You know Trump was famous before he ran for President, right? And you know he was occasionally made fun of for reasons ranging from a bad toupee to "he puts his name on everything he owns", right?
Fuck, this was just a sight gag. Seriously, it seems like Sup Forums gets triggered by anything now. God help us if we find some comics from the 70's that made fun of Regan's movies.

No Im very upset that this is what passes as humor.

Zeeks are dumb.
Dumber still are Zeekfags.

You know that NON of that changes that this is shitty writing right?

For a second I thought you were talking about Skywalker

>standard as fuck joke
>Shitty writing

yeah nothing to do with insulting your husbando

Well, the "brother, oh brother" part is what makes is a 3 star instead of a 4.

It's a sight gag, for fuck's sake. The only reason this topic exists is because the meme that walks like a man decided to get into politics.

And It's a bad one that someone spent and entire page pushing into the book.

You faggots literally have three threads on the front page that are just you crying over bullshit. Holy cow this board is beyond the point of going to shit.

Please tell us how you would have redone this joke to appeal to your sensibilities.

The fact that the Pokemon movie is even in the paper is hilarious to me, it really shows how old the paper is

Once again, a rich white man has been put into place.

Are they trying to pass a message? Is it all coincidences?

The date shows that it's at least 16 years old (I can't make out the last digit).

>Zeek
So you thought gassing fellow Spacenoids and dropping their colony on Earth was funny right?

>"""shitty"""

Well meme'd, pretend supporter of Trump!

I wouldn't and It's not about sensibilities, it's just not a good joke.

LEAVE DONALD ALONE

It's just a sight gag. Good or bad, the story doesn't dwell on it, and moves on quickly. It's not like when Bendis takes an entire page to set up a joke. There, it's just a few panels.

Just stop Sup Forums you're not fooling anyone into thinking this joke only offended your delicate nuanced sense of humor

I don't think you're convincing anyone that you're upset because you think it's "unfunny."

this is like one of those fake stories they make up on tumblr where the evil white oppressor gets told off and then everyone in the immediate vicinity starts applauding there's even clapping in the last panel

I know Sup Forums loves shitposting and Sup Forums is too dumb to not fall for it every time, but this page is about a decade old.

I imagine there's more to why they're clapping than Luke lifting a car off the ground. Remember, they're still Marvel Civilians, the most ungrateful bastards in fiction.

it's really not, it's just a joke. Trump was legit one of the most hated men in NY in his time, particularly amongst working class folks like the ones who would cheer for Luke.

Also
>I will sue the--!

Anons, their just poor innocent refugees trying to escape the Left wing persecution of their board.

Just let them eat each others asses out to the point where they get tired of arguing over nothing. Their bedtime is soon anyway.

Sup Forums is a self-proclaimed board of peace.

Guys c'mon, do we really need to be this topical/date the comic with a dumb joke? It really takes me out of it when a comic starts referencing a celebrity or something similar to that. Granted its a minor complaint, but Marvel isnt exactly witty or subtle these days with their commentary

>Marvel civilians
>Cheering anything but heroes dying

there is a 30 year period this joke works in

user, this comic is a decade old. That ironically disproves your point about being dated.

My mistake

>Implying anyone here reads comics and would have the awareness to know this page is old as fuck.

I bet $100 there is still going to be some dumbass user who posts after me who thinks this page is new

Grow some thicker skin or go back to your safe space back on Sup Forums where none of the meanies can say things you don't like.

Well, that didn't take long.

The OP's pic is from 2008.

dammit it got deleted, that was hilarious

Here's the post: ">they need to resort to writing shitty comic books to paint Trump in a bad light

Jesus, whoever on top of things must be shitting themselves atm, just seeing how the MSM and many no name politician in quest of relevance jump on the hatetrain it feel like he is doing something right, also the blatant double standard between the reporting on him and Hillary is extremely obvious, I mean it didn't even make national news that the FBI pretty much dropped every charges they had against Hillary yet its the end of the fucking world that his daughter sue some shitty clickbait journal for libel or that he has small hand. Real fucking objective journalism there MSM, very subtle....

We truly are in the time of tribulation, when the entire world seem to be going mad and the leaders of the world have become shameless thieves. Hope you guys in the USA make it well, can't say much for trump but I hope to god that Shillary won't win because if she does its another 8 year of constant war and massive debt inflation."

Jesus Christ, is this a copypasta?

This is by definition, not a joke.
No set up, no punchline, nothing.

It's a sight gag.

Explain how

What's there to explain?

How it's a sight gag.

The joke is almost entirely visual, so set-up and punchlines aren't exactly applicable.
It's like complaining that the background gags in Ms. Marvel aren't jokes, because there's no set-up to, to take this month's issue as an example, the little kids dressed in hazmat suits in a kindergarten.

All these anons offended by the construction of the joke and the humor and of course not at all upset by the target of the joke

For the love of christ you're arguing with a 14 year old shit for brains alt-right crossposter. Stop.

Cool, now I'm asking you how it's a visual/sight gag.

>Insulting and buzzwords
But I'm the 14 year old? I'm having a civil conversation, sorry if you're triggered.

If it's meant to be funny how is it not a joke?

If a kid farts to make his friends laugh, is that a joke?

Did the kid want the fart to be funny? Then yes, it is a joke.

Do you really not know that toilet humor exists?

>A joke is a display of humour in which words are used within a specific and well-defined narrative structure to make people laugh. It takes the form of a story, usually with dialogue, and ends in a punch line. It is in the punch line that the audience becomes aware that the story contains a second, conflicting meaning.

>Jokes are a form of humour, but not all humour is a joke

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

Fine, you're right. It's not a "joke" but it is meant to be funny, a "gag", if you will.
Where are you going with this?

Since when the hell does Luke Cage just go assault/attack someone just because of what they say? I know he's a street hero but this seems extremely out of character for him.

TAKE THAT GOOBERGATERS-I MEAN TRUMP SUPPORTERS!!!

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/joke
dictionary.com/browse/joke
thefreedictionary.com/joke
dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/joke
oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/joke
macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/joke_1

It looks like the limo was blocking an ambulance route. Based on what other people have said, the mother of his child was in that ambulance. So he moved the limo out of the way, and when the guy in the limo got out to talk shit, Luke told him to fuck off.

It is? I only remember Cage wearing those dumbass shades in the pre-Civil War era of Bendis' New Avengers, which would put this around ~06.

I don't remember what issue this is from though so I could be wrong.

>Jesus Christ, is this a copypasta?
Nope, just your standard trigga from Sup Forums.

I bet if that was Shillary instead of Trump then you'd be falling over backwards in your triggered SJW leftist stupor you tumblrite shill.

Lol, the fucking hypocrisy of Sup Forumsmblr's liberal infestation never ceases to amaze me. I bet you're shitposting in another thread RIGHT NOW about how triggered you are over someone saying something mean to you, you fucking nu-male cuck. Fuck off.

Did Luke always have the strength to lift a fucking limo or is this power creep at work? I thought he was a particularly strong dude who just happened to have unbreakable skin, not that he has the strength to lift 3 tons like it's nothing.

>Shillary
>triggered
>leftist
>tumblrite
>shill
>Sup Forumsmblr
>liberal infestation
>triggered
>nu-male
>cuck

wew

And speaking of trigga's from Sup Forums...

His strength has increased over the years, but he's always had super strength.

I prefer the term Killery over Shillary, personally.

they literally cant construct thoughts without vomiting reddit memes. its honestly a little sad.

How many people actually read comics?
How many people have been reading comics for more than five years?

Because sometimes it really just seems like people who complain the most about comics aren't the ones reading them or they've recently started so typical bs that I think everyone is used to by now is completely new to them.

>65 words in that post
>10 of those words are buzzwords
>this is the state of rhetoric

Why would you take someone that uses that many buzzwords in their post to say absolutely nothing seriously?

How would you even respond to a post like that?

Well he does refuse to pay his bills to contractors he hired to build his shitty buildings.

I read comics, but I've only been doing it for three years. And unfortunately, it seems I'm more well read than some of the people I see posting.

If you've only read 1 comic in your whole life then you're already more well read than a lot of the people you see posting here in the few couple years.

>Trump
>hated by the working class
So this is the level of slander that the leftists have sunk to. Fucking pathetic.

>How would you even respond to a post like that?
With even more buzzwords.

I don't get it.
Are you implying that everyone that fits into the working class and I mean everyone liked Trump when this comic came out?

yeah? his main support is college educated whites.

By mocking them. As god intended.