Marvel's Champions #1 Ultra Rare 1:1000 Mike Hawthorne Deadpool Variant was available to comic shops in the very...

>Marvel's Champions #1 Ultra Rare 1:1000 Mike Hawthorne Deadpool Variant was available to comic shops in the very limited quantity of one per 1000 of every regular edition purchased, so you will not be seeing many of these. Bagged and boarded toploaded comic will be shipped in a double-layer corrugated mailer inside a larger corrugated cardboard box with packing peanuts to minimize the possibility of any problems in transit.

>Price: US $1,199.99

>literal blackmail
Really Marvel!!! Now youre holding covers back to exploit sales instead of writing good books

What a shit cover, though.

It's not even a good cover - what the fuck is up with Nova's helmet?

What if I buy a copy of the regular edition, print this cover on the same material as the regular's and change the covers.

Do you think that book'd go for $500?

That "art" looks atrocious.

But this cover is fucking awful. Why would anyone want it beyond the rarity.

Didn't DK3 #1 have a 1:10000 variant? Oh right, it's ok when DC does it.

If the key to selling comics was making good books, Vision's sales wouldn't be so low

Instead of fix the quality of their books, Marvel continues the blackmail, the marketing gimmicks, and the whole crap from the past two years. Marvel sucks hard nowdays.

>Sam
> WTF i even doing here?!

Fixing the quality of the books wouldn't remotely effect sales. If anything, it would cause sales to tank if DCYou is any indication.

They could try to advertize the books that are worthy to read at least, instead of Bendis's shitty events.

They don't even try to promote the few good books, they have? What you expect?

>this completely terrible cover
>going for $1200

jesus

I don't know a better way to phrase this, but it honestly feels like the Marvel higher-ups just want to take a shit on the concept of the comic industry.

Like, they're not even trying to say, "We want 400k readers for Champions!" or "We want 200k new readers!" It's just...crazy how audacious they're being, not even hiding the fact that they just want to sell 400k copies, not that anyone is actually going to read it.

And with this cover, it just hammers the point even more. It's fucking terrible. Marvel has some of the best cover artists in the biz (Del Mundo and Ross, for better or worse), yet THIS is the 1:1000 ultra rare, super important variant.

I don't know what Marvel's endgame is. Because in, say, November or December, it's fucking obvious retailers are going to be pissed at Marvel *infinitely* more than they already are now.

What is even happening in it? Kamala's posing for a photo, Miles is... laughing? Cho is directing his unimpressed look at the viewer rather than Deadpool... Are we supposed to think that Viv finds DP funny because she's mocking Cho for not liking him? And what is DP supposed to be referencing with the hair and outfit? Did he throw candy back? It looks like it's just floating in space next to him.

Stop reminding me we lost Doomed.

They gave away the first three issues of vision for free. They even included the first issue in its entirety in Spider-man/Deadpool for no extra charge. There's no one to blame for Vision's failure in sales other than the horrible taste of your average comic reader.

There's a reason they keep doing fucking awful events that everyone hates. It's because they sell. And they sell because your average comic buyer actively prefers garbage

They promoted the fuck out of Vision, their best book, and it still sold like shit.

At least Bendis's Civil Crap II, it's doing worse than previous events. That's something.

>paying 1200 dollarydoos
>for this

They stopped trying though when King signed the DC's exclusive.

At least we got the at minimum 12 issues like Didio promised.

Oh wait, it was cancelled at 6.

Well hey, at least we're getting Prez part 2. It's not like they would split a 12 issue maxi into 2 6 issue minis then cancel the second mini after promising it would come out on multiple occasions.

By which point, the book was already below the cancellation line. Sales actually increased more thanks to King writing Batman than the quality of the book or Marvel's attempt at promoting it.

can't beat being handed Batman

>It appears to be Marvel Comics’ plan to make Champions #1 by Mark Waid and Humberto Ramos the best-selling comic book in October.

>This is how they are going to do it. Retailers who match 200% of a retailer’s order of All-New All-Different Avengers #9, the one that featured the first new Wasp, will get 15% extra discount. 175% will get 10% extra and 150% will get 5% extra off.

>Those who match 200% can then order on top of that the Skottie Young cover, the Champions Variant cover, Hip Hop, Blank, both the Spider-Man and Hulk and the Johnny Blaze John Tyler Christopher action figure covers.

>They can also get the Champions party gear, 100 postcards, 20 lithographs, Champions pins….

>And one copy of the Party variant.

>While the Alex Ross cover is 1:100. The Captain America 75th anniversary cover is 1:50. And a 1:1000 variant – no details but could the odds be it’s by Joe Quesada? He does do these…

>Oh and the exclusive retailer cover availability, which adds 3000 to 4500 on for each comic shop that picks it up

>The only things that can get in the way? Teen Titans #1. The Clone Conspiracy #1. Civil War II #7. But they don’t have a lot of the things that Champions has – specifically that retailer exclusive cover.

>I wonder what Loot Crate will be up to in October?

Im having flashbacks of Squidward saying 'We serve food here, sir!" The sheer complexity of this just to move books is just so... so convoluted.

>Didn't DK3 #1 have a 1:10000 variant?

No but it did have a 1:5000 variant

And look at Sam's fucking helmet

Variant covers are cancer

>Cho is directing his unimpressed look at the viewer rather than Deadpool

Of course he is, he's unimpressed that someone paid so much for the cover.

So basically the only way to be able to get this sort of thing without overpaying for it is by living somewhere like New York or California.

Dcyou tabked because marketing fucked it up.
Rebirth is quality to and it has saved comics

This makes me sad the one time marvel makes an effort to be good and it shits all over them.

I just hope it does well in trade

>vision talk

I'm too lazy to give people (You)s, but:

The big problem is that it's an isolated 12 issue mini. It literally has minimal effect on the Marvel Universe. To the average Marvel reader, why on earth would they care about that -- regardless of its quality -- when interconnected and all that jazz has been the forefront of the universe for decades and been pushed even harder with recent events?

Really, it ignores a simple problem: if your biggest books aren't pushed for being good and popular for being good, then you'll never convince anyone to give your small-yet-great books a chance. I can't honestly explain why that is, but it's not unique to comics, either -- TV is the closest comparison, and even film box office numbers work similarly. A weak hypothesis is that, when things are good, people will feel like they're on a hot streak and enjoy taking more chances -- but those hot streaks start with the biggest things.

*interconnectedness

1000 for a shitty Nova helmet

> $2000 variant today.
> $20 in 2 years.

No. The real matter at hand is that no one gives a single hot fuck about Vision.

Really? Im not a fan of that series and would had condemned it too.

>Attempting to bring back the godawful market of the 90's
>With a Teen Titans knock-off
Jesus christ Marvel. You already fucked it all up once.

You're always going to overpay for it. You think they're going to sell the variant for $5 at the store if they went through all the trouble of getting one? Welcome to collectors items.