"KRYPTON" ADDS LYTA ZOD

>EXCLUSIVE: British actress Georgina Campbell has landed the lead fema role of Lyta Zod in KRYPTON, Syfy’s Superman prequel pilot from David S. Goyer and Warner Horizon Television.

>KRYPTON is set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet. It follows Superman’s grandfather Seg-El — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed — as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos.

>Campbell’s Lyta Zod is a member of Krypton’s military caste and the daughter of a general, Alura Zod. Lyta serves as a cadet — and has also been having a clandestine, forbidden romance with Seg-El, who has not yet been cast.

deadline.com/2016/09/krypton-georgina-campbell-cast-female-lead-syfy-superman-prequel-1201812873/

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/tv/news/nbc-greenlights-twist-charles-dickens1201851274-1201851274/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The characters.

>SEG-EL (20s) | An athletic and quietly confident member of the science caste decided to restore the lost honor of the House of El and save Krypton from destruction.

>LYTA ZOD (20's) | A reluctant warrior and outcast member of both the military caste and the House of Zod, one of Krypton's most prominent families. Lyta maintains a secret forbidden romance with Seg-El.

>DEV-EM (20s) | A chiseled, troublemaking bad boy affiliated with the military caste and Seg-El's nemesis.

>TER-EL I Seg-El's estranged father who has denounced his own father for his fringe experiments and is disappointed to see his son heading down the same destructive path.

>VAL-EL | Seg-El’s genius grandfather who defied death by going into the Phantom Zone, and is a staunch believer in space exploration.

>ALURA ZOD | Lyta's mother and the ruthless and pragmatic supreme commander of Krypton's military caste.

>KRYPTON is set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet. It follows Superman’s grandfather Seg-El — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed — as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos.

this is a dumb series but i love the irony of Supes granddad bringing like honor to his family name and Supes dad wasted it because everyone was like "lol we aren't gonna explode"

God this concept is so fucking dumb. I might tune in after a few episodes if everyone says it's good, but my expectations are on the floor.

>Lyta Zod

Are they going to set up Val Zod in the future?

This has nothing to do with Supergirl.

>God this concept is so fucking dumb.

While I'm still utterly perplexed that SyFy is sinking resources into this show, after hearing about Fox ordering a "King Arthur Police Procedural" and NBC looking into a "Sexy, Contemporary, Female-Lead Oliver Twist Procedural" (Yes, you read that correctly), Krypton sounds downright brilliant by comparison.

It's 2016, why are networks still trying to turn everything into police procedurals?

>Why does ANYONE watch Supergirl? Im really asking. I gave it 3 or 4 episodes and dropped it.

You literally dropped it immediately before it got good.

Who thought it'd be a good idea to make a show about characters we've never seen before, don't care about, and in the long run will never matter?

This.
I like the idea of a story about Krypton before blowing up but i was expecting Jor-El and Co. Not these folks ive never heard of.

The people making this have to know this will be a turd right? All signs are pointing to it failing

I dunno, Caprica was adequate at least.
I have some faith this might be decent, SyFy hasn't been complete shit these past few years.

I don't get why they are bothering making this show. This money should be used to give us characters like Booster Gold or the Question. Supergirl has a show, Superman is in the movies. I like the characters but this is enough. Goyer is fucking poison at this point to me. I liked the DK movies and Blade but christ.

Gotham and Smallville have/had the problem of making a show about characters that never got to be who they are supposed to be ie superheroes.

This show makes no sense because literally there are no named characters that matter and any sane person would just watch Supergirl or Superman movies instead. I have no idea who this show is for or what it hopes to accomplish. Can we get Birds of Prey or a Adam Strange show instead?

I actually would be interested in it if it was a young Jor El and Zod. Them being friends, have dueling ideologies, Zod being trained as a soldier, Jor El becoming a scientist. Apparently Krypton's a prequel to Man of Steel, it could've gave some weight to everything that happened in it if they went the young Jor El route.

The show is gold episode 7 and on.

Superman is in my top 5 comic characters and I still don't want to watch the show.

Watch it'll be a sci fi procedural that has literally nothing to do with Superman at all.

This is such a better idea. Jor El and Zod being 20 somethings and best friends. End up in different castes and grow to hate eachother. Show ends when Lara gets pregnant.

I don't get why I'm supposed to care about this show if it has little to no connections to named Kryptonians. I'd rather watch the CW if it's on sci fi it'll be even worse but it'll have a bigger budget I suspect.

I was totally expecting what you said to be the premise of the show.
Now im scratching my head as to whst this has to do with MoS in anyway.

Rather see the journey as to why Jor-El got disillusionied about the kryptonian way of life.

They're cheap.

"British" actress. That's pretty typical.

truth
i tried watching gotham, but couldn't make it past 3 episodes.
it was the same several years back when dc put out a 'gotham' comic about the police.

seriously.
the fuck we care about krypton? we know it gets destroyed. that's the main, only reason kal-el gets sent to earth.

same with gotham. i mean bruce shouldn't even be in gotham. he should be off training for years.

1. As already said, fairly cheap to make.
2. Literally anyone can watch them because they go step-by-step in how they catch the bad guys.
3. There's rarely any ambiguity; the good guys are always good, the bad guys are bad. Broad strokes.
4. Because of their simplicity they also travel extremely well around the world. NCIS and CSI do very well in many other countries.

>it was the same several years back when dc put out a 'gotham' comic about the police.
>he didn't like Gotham Central

Shit-eating pleb detected.

Imagine if they had a Green Lantern appear

Everything about this sounds bad. Fuck Goyer.

Everybody loved Gotham Central though.

Imagine if they have Czarnians and Tamaranians appear to set up Lobo and Starfire respectively? I was gonna say a Green Lantern, but I remembered this is part of the DCEU and they would never give something that big to a tv show, especially before the movie; so no Green Lanterns in Krypton.

5. They're extremely easy to make episodic television out of. Need an idea for an episode? Just think of a crime and then have the heroes solve it.

There's a million episodes of Law and Order already and they can still come up with new ones every year. You can drag a police procedural show out for as long as the ratings are there.

You are literally the first person I've ever seen talk shit about Gotham Central.

Gotham is fucking gold though.

Gotham's awful

who let you back on Earth, Bizzaro?

>Sag El

>David S. Goyer

They've learned fucking nothing.

How's that hatred of fun going for you?

>Kryptonians back on their own planet
Well it's about time.

Green lanterns have never really been alowed on krypton.

Gotham was good until that ivy retardation i like some silly age changing plots as much as the next guy this is some of the most blatent fucking fanservice i have ever seen.

Well the most well known green lantern story is about an attempt to save krypton.

There were some really damn good Cary Bates stories about Krypton that had fuck all to do with Jor El.

Though color me surprised if Goyer knows about any of them.

Had no idea this shit was still actually happening

>I might tune in after a few episodes if everyone says it's good

What if people don't say it's good but it really is? You're not going to like it just because it's an unpopular opinion?

>Bruce should be off training

Fuck off Frank Miller

Except that hasn't happened yet?

I hope this show doesn't turn out to be another Caprica. i.e. get bogged down in shit we don't care about, then tease what we want in "season 2" that never gets made.

>What if people don't say it's good but it really is?
Not that user but given that this was initially a part of the DCEU I'd be more wary if people DID say it was good.

It's a shit concept to begin with though.

I won't lie, I enjoy Gotham and I think it has many strengths. Villains are great is a campy and fun show. But it's also total schlock too.

I don't think this Krypton show will be as fun simply because they aren't playing with characters we know or care about. If the show was about young JorEl and Zod or something I would be interested but who the fuck is Dev Em? Don't care.

WHO-CARES
BO-MB

>>SEG-EL (20s) | An athletic and quietly confident member of the science caste decided to restore the lost honor of the House of El and save Krypton from destruction.
Gee I wonder if he'll succeed. Better tune in to find out!

Trigge-red
Red-dit
Tumb-lr

Does not make it any less stupid.

What if the madmen go full elseworlds and auctualy do it.

But this was supposed to be a prequel to MoS. So i was hoping for a yonger Jor-El going through a crisis trying to save his planet.

I wanted the adventures of General Zod and his pal Jor-El. Jor-El could make cool science stuff for Zod, and Zod would use it to do things. Then in the last episode something happens which makes Zod lose his noble spirit and Jor El gets sad.

So this whole thread can agree that what we are getting isnt what we expected.

We can't agree to that because I expected a show of forgone conclusions and cliches that sounded like utter shit.

And that's exactly what I seem to be getting.

I was expecting the clone uprisings.

Will incest be lawful on krypton Sup Forums

Fuck forgot pic

Literally says its not

>memes aside, cousins marrying has been pretty frequent throughout all of human civilization
>last two members of their species
>"Better not fuck to preserve the Kryptonian race, our dead planet's laws say no!"

Just give her the dick, Clark.

Krypton gets changed all the time theres nothing the show can do that will make me go not mah.

Except making the impending destruction of krypton covered up or something for some sinister reason hubris should always be kryptons downfall.

> "King Arthur Police Procedural"

What the fuck?

>contemporary female lead oliver twist
Well you're obviously lying because no one's that stupid to make something like that.

Krypton had its chance

user, I...

>variety.com/2016/tv/news/nbc-greenlights-twist-charles-dickens1201851274-1201851274/

Incest will never be acceptable outside historic and or fantasy genres

But why?

because they can. They'll wonder why this show will get canned.

I highly doubt this will be movie canon since they can't replicate Snyder's Krypton on a SyFy budget.

>Gotham was good until that ivy retardation
So then good until something yet to happen. It is fine to find something stupid but don't condemn a plot point you haven't even seen teased at yet. By the end of the season it will probably be something we all forgot about because more important things are going on.

True, flying Dildo Capsules are expensive.

I don't mind that at all, really. Snyder's Krypton had some cool quirks, but that color palette of dull gold, grey, and dull bronze would get really old after a couple of episodes. I'd actually like something a bit more of the retro sci-fi future aesthetic we see in a some Superman comics, like Superman: Secret Origin. I like the idea that the style of Krypton is something Superman in full costume wouldn't look out of place in.

I guess that's the reason why they went with the grandfather; could make some in story explanation that it was before there was a technology boom or some shit and what we saw in Man of Steel is more advanced than what we'll see in Krypton.

And where is the council of Krypton?

I hope not the asthetics were the problem not the tech.

It's not and has never been a prequel to "Man of Steel".

So would a black superman be weaker than a white superman? If he's solar-powered having darker skin means he'd absorb less UV radiation so it would stand to reason that a dark skinned kyrptonian wouldn't benefit as much from a yellow sun.

Well I imagine it applies to both aesthetic and technology. I don't see Krypton coming anywhere close to how the planet looked in Man of Steel so they gotta give a reason why it looks so downgraded.

>another nigger

Its not even surprising anymore

I think it'd be cool if Braniac/Vril Dox is in it

Kypton was the best part of Man of Steel, but I doubt a TV show would be able to properly capture it to movie standards.

>That
>black
no THAT'S surprising.
no wonder anons made that same exact complaint towards hawkgirl

They actually just promoted Snyder to God. He is literally a deity now.

That would be cool, and if/when a Man of Steel movie features Brainiac, they could reference it

Could we at least keep the >niggers complaint when it's an unnecessary race change or at least if the actor didn't already look racially ambiguous. Don't overlook these

That's too complex for comic books

Yeah I've had enough of them. Racism is over already, there's no need to cast them for guilt reasons.

You wanted smallville.

I take this shit over your space smallville crap. Why?

that means freedom for the creators, they can do pretty much EVERYTHING and i don't give a fuck, i won't get mad when they cast niggers, i won't get mad when they do something stupid with a character i like. If is good i will like it, it it's terrible i won't give a fuck.

That's a good way of thinking about it. Who knows, maybe it will end up being the coolest DC TV show?

Also Smallville was terrible. It was so boring and dragged on and on each episode. Plus, of the episodes I've seen, Clark acts ridiculously out of character.

Here I'll meet you half way. Make complaints in both cases, but complain harder when there's a race change.

Okay but what's going to happen in this series? Is there any info about what it's about other than Krypton?

Why the fucking quotes, user?

>An athletic and quietly confident member of the science caste

lol
sounds like an interesting and original character

My headcanon as to why space travel is a big no-no for Kryptonians is that once they started doing it the Guardians realized the danger of what would happen if a large population of Kryptonians decided to go live near yellow suns so they strong-armed them with the Manhunters and told them to stay on Krypton OR ELSE.

>from David S. Goyer

That's pretty funny. I wonder what else would happen if Superman said "yeah that sounds great" when Zod told him the plan.