I'm writing my own comic book, tips on what I should avoid?

I'm writing my own comic book, tips on what I should avoid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gBuvmidN8Dc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Comics.

This board.

Asking advice on Sup Forums.

Bendis

Op here, should I sign with image or dark horse?

Don't make it a superhero book

Why?

Avoid trolls and this board at all costs.

Avoid making your characters shallow and two dimensional. Too many comic book writers these days give their character one trait and zero in on that.

Write a lot about your characters before you work on your story. What they like. What they dislike. Their wants and dreams. Their fears. Get to know them really well, and then let them drive the story.

Maybe do a big spreadsheet of each character you can think of, include all their traits and so forth, how they feel about certain things ect.

It'll be a great help.

Avoid turning characters into mary sues
Know what to elaborate on and what to leave for reader interpretaion
Avoid lazy plot devices or obvious Chekhov's Gun
Avoid cliches

Or just look at Chris Chan or Linkaras dumbass comics and do the exact opposite

Nah, that sounds pretty gay. Thanks anyway though.

>America little built on the principle of compromise
>Captain America pushes pure fanaticism
Dumbest comic book page ever written.

>America Built on compromise
I guess that's why we're a colony with better taxation laws.

>doesn't know anything about American government
>lel le revolution!!!
Dumbass.

The government where you can stubbornly hold the floor hostage until they fall in line with you or you give up in a country that has had frequent borderline perpetual conflict of people fighting for their beliefs civilly and violently. But no it's totally out of character for Cap to rally against a fascist system because Authority, Media, or Mob said it was a good idea and he should absolutely sacrifice his and others rights for it. Because the democratic system means that once a decision is reached everyone is required to be in 100% lockstep with it and in no way rebel or dissent despite originally finding it morally wrong.
No there's no room for standing up for what you believe in America that's just ugly fanaticism.

>compromise
Indeed, 60% of one.

work on natural exposition, don't have characters stop say "hey my brother X" or "as you know"

try not to rip off the X-men

sidecuts

/thread

Bendis?

its overdone.
This. you will lose some readers when your character has character but those that stay will love it more.
ah so it was all bait.

Maybe you should try getting an offer first.

Being born after 1950

dumbass taxation was just an excuse. Britain was busy elsewhere so they were basically up for anything as long as murica would not start shit.

>reached everyone is required to be in 100% lockstep with it and in no way rebel or dissent despite originally finding it morally wrong.
more or less. you don't have to change your views but you have to shut up since you are in the minority. you don't get to love democratic system only when it give you the results you like, you have to love it even when things don't swing your way.
>ugly fanaticism.
if it was 1 of those things maybe but when the whole world says you are wrong maybe the cat was not really talking.

What?

Shit, I was gonna do that

>nothing sacred about the status quo
>but muh guns and jubbes
youtube.com/watch?v=gBuvmidN8Dc

>more or less
Yeah the system doesn't allow its people to protest unjust laws after they're passed. Or at the very least those laws were never protested/rebelled for months, years, decades, centuries on end. Nor are there any founding documents which have rights to help facilitate the people in defending themselves should they feel they're under threat of a tyrannical power.

>you have to shut up since you are in the minority
No. No. No. This couldn't be further from the truth.
You're saying that because something works for a larger group, that could be just 51% of the country, yet may marginalize you and others of your ilk that you have to deal with it and not push back. No. Nononono.

>Yeah the system doesn't allow its people to protest unjust laws after they're passed.
The system allows room for protest. The point is that you should try those paths of protest instead of jumping into armed revolt like cap so loves doing.

The point is afterwards they can't complain, and they never have complained. Because that's how democracy works, yup. Just one flat out basic decision after the elected officials have come to an obviously satisfactory compromise that is best for everyone.

when the vote does not go your way, you don't overthrow the government and you don't call for revotes till they "get it right"

Cap was there to talk, Maria is the one that told the Capekillers to arrest Cap for disagreeing with her on a law that was weeks from passing.
If the vote allows people to unjustly assault, imprison, and kill you're absolutely in the right of defending yourself.

Build endearing antagonists, not powerful ones.

>Yeah, George, we were tired of that new territory anyways. More trouble then it's worth. But we don't want to lose face in front of the other countries, so how about we put on a little play war. But a couple Germans are gonna be there so make it look convincing. We'll send like 50 thousand dudes but we're gonna need half of em' back when this is done so don't go overboard.

>Nor are there any founding documents which have rights to help facilitate the people in defending themselves should they feel they're under threat of a tyrannical power.

What about the people who don't feel they're under threat of a tyrannical power?

They don't have to do anything if they don't want to or fight for what they believe in

So their life should be fucked with because somebody feels like they're being oppressed?

Why does them feeling oppressed matter more than the rebels feeling oppressed?

Why does the rebels feeling oppressed matter more than them?

Posting.

It doesn't which is why they're both equally justified in fighting for what they believe in.

Yeah but there's always going to be someone who doesn't like the way their country is. You can't just keep starting revolutions over and over again until the end of time.

Why not?
But being real, most people don't care enough about whatever their grievance is to mount a revolution over it. However they do care enough to rebel in a million different other ways that are easier to get traction.

>why can't we have political instability until the end of time

Are you fucking asking that question?

Bendis? The comic book guy?

Not seriously no, but can't stop using sarcasm on the internet.
But there's nothing out of character about Cap believing the Founding Fathers equipped us to uphold the ideal of Fighting for what you believe in and should it come to it revolting against Tyranny. Which it came to when SHIELD pulled guns on him.

>rebel in a million different
such sabotage and constant political back and forth is what keeps us from substantial progress in funding technology and education

Yeah. Democracy.

sure is Sup Forums around here

you have a strange definition of Democracy

Do I really? But we chose the people who made those decision so we have no right to complain or try to enact change in any way.
That's just fanaticism.

thanks this help me out a lot

If you're using "compromise" like an insult then yes, it is ugly fanaticism.

It's something of an open secret that people can "stand up for what they believe in" no matter how harmful or factually wrong those beliefs are. Even when they can't justify their beliefs in any other way, they can always be proud of them because they're THEIRS and act oppressed when people oppose them.

Yeah but the context of this is Cap talking about the Founding Fathers in a speech against Registration. I guess you could be against that kind of rhetoric because of what it can stand for out of context but it doesn't really go against Cap's ideals.

please the SJW, after that, it's a breeze

Don't put in more than 35 words per panel.