Is IDW fucking up by forcefully shoehorning this Titan Master crap into the current story before it's even finished?

Is IDW fucking up by forcefully shoehorning this Titan Master crap into the current story before it's even finished?

It's IDW. They don't really ever finish storylines. Of course that isn't 100% true, but the stated objectives of RID (the original) and MTMTE have deviated so far off course and gone through so many sidestories and diversions it's often hard to remember what the fuck the original point ever was.

What "current story"? Both books just finished their big arcs they'd been building up to for years.

Revolution

Revolution is happening in the other books making them fit in. Transformers is the baseline and everyone else looks for their niche.

Isn't Revolution the G.I. Joe crossover thing?

I thought the current story was Optimus occupying Earth, being interrupted by Sentinel Prime's return.

Revolution is the huge crossover between hasbro properties brining g.i. joe rom mucronauts m.a.s.k. and action man into the same universe as transformers

Revolution hasn't even started yet, though.

Not really. If anything, this is filler between the end of their second seasons and Revolution.

The fact that it fills a Hasbro mandate is just icing.

MTMTE certainly hasn't finished their supposed initial arc. Finding the Knights of Cybertron. Two seasons and they're still dicking around. Thunderclash was at least making a better effort...until he joined Rodimus, now he's as piddly as the rest of them.

Finding the Knights is the overall goal that they'll probably never get to complete.

Like Symbionic Titan never freed Galauna, or The Pirates of Dark Water never found all the treasures.

Wait, you're trying to said that Transformers could be a kind of commercial to promotion a toy? Because that´s just mad.

Last I remember, this issue wasn't storytimed

It was.

It hardly has to work that way. They could just find the Knights and be sent on ANOTHER quest by the Knights who want them to do something. This is RPG Quest 101 material. You can give the semblance of accomplishment and advancement even if practically nothing is gained from the endeavor because there's always something else that needs done.

You could even have all new quests unrelated to the Knights. Tyrest could have been a new quest instead of a diversion. It's a big universe, there's always excuses to go someplace and do shit for the salvation of their race.

You gotta save that for the grand finale.

And until you know thats coming, you create sidequests.

Nah, that's the stupid way to do it, Boco. That's how you constantly build up hype you can never hope to meet. The more push it further into the future and have things like Tyrest trying to murder a sizable portion of the Cybertronian race, well how do you top it? People are already complaining about the story floundering around and the DJD's defeat being a letdown.

>People are already complaining about the story floundering around and the DJD's defeat being a letdown.

Sad. My only gripe with season 2 was that everyone had to "hook up" for some reason.

FWIW their goal is to save Cybertron. Their means to achieve that is finding the Knights but the Knights could still be a stepping stone on their path to helping Cybertron. Also FWIW they've still been helping Cybertron and other people so even their diversions aren't a total loss, even if that isn't how Getaway wants to think about it.

IDW started fucking up when they hired Roberts.

How the hell will I watch this without a blu ray player? Is there software I can get to play it on PC?

I still can't believe they kill Alpha Trion, then make a toy joke out of it. And from the looks of it, he's not coming back since Sovereign has nothing to do with him so far.