/ww/-Wolf Warrior 2 General

TLDR: Don’t see it, this was the child of a Michael Bay Transformers movie and a bad Tom Cruise movie, that was raised by Asylum Studios. It was an amateurishly made movie and would feel bland and generic to anyone that has seen a competent action movie. The movie wasn’t nationalist propaganda as some people accuse, it was not realistic in any sense and the Chinese army did save the day, but there was actually some commentary against bureaucracy and ?racism(maybe). They rip on the West/America only two times, and was actually pertinent to the scene and not out of place. If you want to see it, I suggest you see it as a b-movie and not in theaters.

Continued in thread---->

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_H-3NKj8yO8
youtube.com/watch?v=hOtJuIwgEco
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

**********Spoiler Warning*********

Some context: As a Chinese person living in a western country, I was intrigued by the fact that this movie made so much money, even in China, dumb Chinese masses usually go for big robots vs big robots. [Spoiler]Un[/Spoiler]fortunately, this wasn’t showing in any theater near me, so I had to torrent a super shitty version of it to watch. I have also never seen the first movie.

The basic plot of the movie: Hero, former Chink equivalent of SEAL(His former team called Wolf Warrior), is in Africa as a private contractor/security and looking for baddies in Africa that killed his gf with a textured bullet, is conveniently in country where there is a civil war. The area he is in is attacked by rebel, and he saves some Chinese people, he and the Chinese embassy retreat to a Chinese cruiser. He then accidently(I assume, the movie doesn’t really explain it.) overhears the Navy commander talking about a Chink doctor who is helping the local niggers and needs to be rescued but the Navy can’t help because orders. Our hero volunteers to save him, and the commander agrees without consulting his superiors. Hero goes to save doctor but is too late, he was only able to save the female lead and the doctor’s daughter, who is a nigger. They then go to a factory where there are Chinese people to save them, but then it turns out the UN is going to send a helicopter to save all the people in the factory, our heros stay there.

At night they party, but it turns out the rebel armies hired a very multicultural and diverse group of mercenaries, the mercs attack the factory but is beaten by the hero. Side Plot: The merc leader, Frank Grillo,(the only person that can speak actual English and surprisingly took his role seriously), betrayed the rebel leader and kills him. The remaining people at the factory say our hero lead the attackers there(which turns out to be true) and tells him to leave. The hero leaves, but then sees that Frank Grillo took over the factory, and captured all the Chinese people's, hero goes back and defeats the bad guys again. Then it is revealed that the doctor’s nigger daughter is important for a cure of the disease plaguing the country, that’s why everyone wants her and the doctor. Our hero and friends wait for the UN helicopter, it arrives and some of the people take off, then suddenly the helicopter, a couple hundred meters in the air, gets hit by either a tank or a RPG, and crashes back where it landed(with terrible CGI btw), and nobody dies, the mercs attack with tanks, the hero and some other Chink soldiers take over a tank and another 10 minute action scene ensues, the heroes survive and destroy all the tanks, then merc reinforcements come with more tanks, the main three Chinese soldiers take damage, and lots of chinks get killed, as all hope seems to be lost and Amazing Grace plays(yes it was actually played), the hero calls in missiles from the Navy cruiser and baddies get hit, main hero gets hit by a shot from Frank Grillo but something in his kevlar blocks the bullet, he looks at the bullet and realizes the texture is the same as the one that killed his gf. He fights Frank Grillo and kills him. THE END

Why the movie is shit:

>Action is shit
The hand to hand combat is unrealistic and unimaginative at the same time, it has Jason Bourne jump cuts, but no Jason Bourne realism. CGI blood splats, and generally bad CG. Some parts literally feel like Birdemic. Character do things in battles that make no sense. There is nothing interesting about the action, movies like Kingsmen and John Wick have interesting action, movies like 13 Hours has incredibly realistic action, this movie has neither.

>Almost nothing in the movie makes sense
Why did Frank Grillo betray the rebel leader to take over a nigger country?
Why are the rebel slaughtering civilians even tho as rebels they should prove they are better than the current govt?
Why is there a factory in some random African country with chink workers?
How did the Chinese Navy know where to fire the missiles? Not to mention they said they were triangulating the call from the hero, which is incredibly inaccurate even in high density first world countries and not an African shithole. And do armies just have the tech for triangulation?
Etc

>Realism?
I cannot tell if this movie was trying to be realistic or not, if it was, it completely failed. Ignoring blatant plot holes and action ridiculously bad, the military/war parts of the movie, I cannot tell if the Chinese military is actually like this or this movie simply fails to consult anyone that knows their shit. There was a part where the heroes are in a tank, and having watched Fury(So yes I have credentials), I’m pretty sure that not how a tank works. If you compare this with a 13 Hours, a movie that depicted the soldiers’ interactions with locals and local friendlies very well, Wolf 2 simply does not hold up.

>Score
Most generic music ever.

>Nitpicking
Everyone in an African shithole speaks English
Everyone English is terrible(bar Frank Grillo)
The title reveal is fuck terrible and eye rape
The font that showed some of the credits in the beginning of the movie is the same font used to show the locations in the movie.
There was a point in the movie where they mentioned the American embassy has already retreated from the country with a Navy ship, even tho there is no way America has that many people in a random African shithole to need a Navy cruiser to leave.
The rebels seem to have no motivation.
The fact that they played Amazing Grace.
During the final fight between Frank Grillo and hero, hero stabs him in the neck, but Frank is still able to talk and not cover his neck with his hands like what happens in other movies(and I assume real life)
During one the action scenes, hero uses poison arrows to kill enemy mercs, which i'm pretty sure is using chemical weapons, the poison was also not established before, and came out of nowhere.
There were character with a couple minutes of screen time that serve no purpose at all
Shit translated subtitles

142.04 M US
I did a review of Wolf Warriors on /k/, just to show screen shots of all the latest china strong Mil stuff

Saw a torrent for this last week on a Chinese, site they had a 1080 and 720 versions.

S.P.L Donnie Yen Vs Wu Jing
youtube.com/watch?v=_H-3NKj8yO8

I have never actually seen a poster of the original WW.

holy fuck that's autistic

He also directed it, maybe the new one too, I thought he would be the next big thing, but someone commented that he had a punchable looking face...?
I think Legendary Assassin, is the first movie he directed.
(retarded dub)
youtube.com/watch?v=hOtJuIwgEco

>Chinese World Police nao

>The title reveal is fuck terrible and eye rape
Sounds about right

bump

How do you improve this movie?
Commando. Don't save a scientist. Make it a rescue of your own girl. Don't ask for permission. Don't use mercs either

But Chinese government will never allow it

you could've saved us the time by just saying it's an asylum studios film

The real question is OP, if I go see this movie with a Chinese girl next weekend, will it get me some Chinese pussy?

you're not supposed to watch good movies when with a girl, that's how you get some fuck

I'm sure many of us were raring to see some chinktales movie user.

what's next? Sir Billi general?

where is this even showing besides china?

Damn Sup Forums blown the FUCK OUT, this was our most hype kino flick of the centuroy