Why didnt Jaimie simply throw the spear at Daenerys? Isnt he supposed to be one of the best fighters in Westeros...

Why didnt Jaimie simply throw the spear at Daenerys? Isnt he supposed to be one of the best fighters in Westeros? Also so much for a commander, got his ass saved by a boy who was seeing his second battle ever and basically had Bronn do everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501866134997.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilum
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javelin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a lance, not a spear. Can't throw a lance.

Quick someone /thread me.

He lost his throw hand.

/threa

/thread... plus he wouldn't be accurate, his main hand is cut off (correct me if I'm wrong)

>throwing spears
people still fall for this meme?

Thanks babe.

Yes, the throwing hand has been cleaved from his arm, so best hope he's got is to use the horse's momentum to impale her.

I think the real confusing bit about this scene is why he didn't order what archers were left to shoot Dany.

d

Even if his throwing hand was intact, he would still need the other one to counterforce the throw. Throwing spears off horses is tricky given the necessary balance and all that.

D&D at it again, Jamie could have easily thrown the spear. He is proficient with his left hand and that spear is not heavy enough to be cumbersome enough to not be able to throw.

Sauce?

shot caller

Because he is a catcher not a pitcher.

What was going through his head at this very moment?

>shot caller was better than this shit

/thread

It's ain't me

I just considered that these past episodes have been the showrunners showing aspects of Jaime's character that they couldnt show before;

At the start of the war of 5 kings, Jaime surprises a lot of people by showing tactical and strategic talent by smashing the riverlords in battle (twice?). The show references this in one sentence, but only now did they really show it off at the highgarden / casterly rock game

Secondly, getting slaughtered in the whispering woods, Jaime realises that the battle is lost, and rather than flee seeks out Robb Stark on his own, cutting his way to him and killing 8 of his personal guard before being knocked out. It was referenced how he killed a lot of men in the show, but no more than that.

Maybe they wanted to show this off in the latest episode. Or they just got lazy, and decided to recycle old material they hadnt really used yet.

Or am I overthinking this

>it ain't me starts playing

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501866134997.webm

Cool

This is me
you probably wonder how i got here

Nah you're sorta right. Jaime's character arc is a complete mess in the show. They also tried to give him some humanity last season during the Riverrun arc but failed to advance his character like it does in the books. They're gonna have him formally renounce Cersei in like episode 4 of season 8 and it will be disappointing as fuck

Maybe he wanted to become "dragon slayer" instead of "king slayer"?

>record scratch

>i still have my plot armor right? someone teleport and jump in already

>another dumb attempt to look for errors in got
there are so many and you idiots always pick one which is easily explained if you had half a brain.
this isnt thread worthy. even the easy answer isnt /thread worthy.
go away op and feel ashamed.

It wasn't a spear, it was a lance, faggot

Also

He wasn't saved by Dickon, he was saved by Bronn you fucking Dickanus

Grey worm just did it last season.

>I thought I would be dead years ago

You can't throw a spear off horseback. That's Hollywood bs. Stay in school.

he was saved by Dick from the dual wielding Dothraki.

Anyone else think Bronn was slightly out of character in that battle. Surely he would have got the fuck out of dodge once the line was broken.

I only watched the first two seasons but knowing that Jamie's death is inevitable now depresses me, such a good character for this shit show.

>Anyone else think Bronn was slightly out of character in that battle. Surely he would have got the fuck out of dodge once the line was broken.

He probably knows if he killed that dragon with the one secret weapon, he would receive a bigger payday from Kings Landing.

I can totally see him justifying him staying just because of that secret weapon.

>Surely he would have got the fuck out of dodge once the line was broken
Well, he would not escape the chance to score a big one for the team killing a dragon and a rival, specially since he would be greatly rewarded.

Yeah, the problem is that if he fucks off forever he can't say goodbye to his castle.

>being this dumb
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilum

Wtf? That is clearly a spear.

>this is it
>this is fucking it
>kill her and the war will be over

Pasola riders, faggot.

Please someone kill my character I can't stand this shit show any longer

Kill yourself retard.

>I am the perfect embodiment of the archetypical knight.
>I will risk my life for this chance to slay this mad queen who invades my home country with hordes of foreign savages and fire breathing beasts
>I will do this just as I did years ago when I had to slay her father before he massacred the people of King's Landing

>pilum=spear
what a faggot

Now you are intentionally being retarded.
>A javelin is a light spear designed primarily to be thrown, historically as a ranged weapon, but Standard tactics called for a Roman soldier to throw his pilum (both if there was time) at the enemy just before charging to engage with his gladius.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javelin

It's a throwing spear you fucking dingus. Pilums are a type of javelin, javelins are spears.

>and then I will become, the Game of Thrones, the Queenslayer.

except that wasnt "light" spear dummy

What in the ever living fuck are you even on about, mate?

>I'll die saving this kingdom

and my sister ;_;

You can't effectively throw throw cavalry spear m8 (while being fuckin cripple on a horse)

It's clearly a spear which makes no difference because even if it weren't no person could succesfully hurl a spear hard enough to actually kill a dragon and even though Jamie's never fought a dragon before he had just watched it take a flight of arrows and a giant crossbow bolt and continue to fight so he probably figured out very quickly that if he was going to attack it the best thing to do would be to use a skill he's very good at and use the spear like a lance in a tournament and charge at the dragon.

/thread

That wasn't the debate, matey. You said some autistic shit about "you can't throw spears in combat XD", and that's positively a retarded statement. There were even mounted spear throwing cavalry among the Mongol ranks.

I know you are baiting but this is just pathetic.

try throwing a 2 meter stick with a lock attached to the end a few meters accurately

He was probably trying to kill the small woman, not the twenty tonne dragon?

Hes throwing it at her not the dragon you retard

>For the patriarchy!

What did Jaime meant by this

when does the episode come out on Amazon?

Still 10/10

My destiny calls and I go

Reminder that Jaime is Azoh Ahai who will kill Cersei to fulfill the prophesy and forge lightbringer

>Bronn kills drogon
>danny falls off and splats on the ground
>Bronn, Warden of the South and Lord of Dorne

Ye, its totally out of character to see he could score a big win. The only thing slightly out of character is him saving Jaime at the end since he wouldn't even risk his life against the Mountain for tyrion

*you can throw large spears in combat
dumbo

spear =/= lance

How the fuck does this fit so well?

You weren't arguing about lances you retard, you said "spear throwing is a meme teehee". It's literally not.

What poor bait.

The real question is: ¿Why didn't Qyburn poison the tip of the arrow?

nah, you're just stupid

The wing clips through the trees, trees don't even move

Millions were spent on this

that tree on the right at 5 seconds

Anyone got the source of YASSQUEENSLAY or whatever the new hottest meme is?

Why does everyone call it It ain't me, when it is actually Fortunate Son?

>being this fucking new

it's a meme you dip

theres two trees

aw, sorry sweetie, guess you have to accept that it's kino now

most of the people on Sup Forums are underage and probably can't even name the band who played the song in the first place

I did not understand why Tyrion just stands there watching instead of ordering a few riders to destroy the big crossbow?

I'm not even that user lel

>Jaimie
>Jamie
It's fucking Jasime for fuck's sake.

>says there are no such things as throwing spears in battle
>calls it a meme
>gets btfo by real historical examples
>"no, y-y-you stupid"
Sure thing.

Even if it was a throwing spear, he was on a moving horse, and he's throwing cak-hande, and he was a fucking long way away. Also he WAS one of the greatest swordsmen, but only one of them. A sword is not a spear.

>Jasime
Jaime*
FUCK

Why would the tree itself move? This has been addressed before, how much do you think leaves weigh?

Is Billy Bones still alive? He disappeared after he saved Jamie, but if the leaks are true he's probably going to die next ep alongside his father. Also can't wait for one of those overgrown lizards to get BTFO'd and give Dany a reality check.

It is clear that he wasn't going to throw it...

This whole thread is autistic as fuck.

it's jennavieve you stupid mong

Jasmine?

>I'm going to larp as other people now
0/10 bait.

Wind from a fast object passing by it

Top half breaking when the wing passes through it

Or, like is the case with most large birds, their wings just pass through leaves?

Did the timing of this battle make any sense to anyone? We have Daenerys talking about strategy with Jon on the beach and all he says is to not burn down King's Landing. Then suddenly she and the entire Dothraki horde are somewhere between highgarden and kings landing. There wasn't any build up, they didn't show her getting ready to set out or giving orders, they just popped up there.

She has plot armor, he could've pull a M16 on her and she'd still survive

Lads do you have the webm with the Leeroy Jenkins version of the charge? Thanks

It is almost like they used a timeskip as a narrative device to build suspense for the ending of the episode...

>my gf is going to force me to watch this.

I should dump her. Really.

I am more interested to know how the path looks the dothraki took to get there.

Not the first time in this season that troops or ships teleport to where they are needed :-(

I mean it's the first time we see him really worried. He probably realized that there's no much point in trying to escape an horde of riders and a dragon in a plain, and that his best chance of survival was bringing down the said dragon (also think about the fucking paycheck)

Just assume between scenes enough time has passed to make everything make sense.

he's not left handed

Did a character I like die to a character I hate?