Hey Sup Forums, not doing so good in my life right now so I'm looking for suggestions comfy movies with deeper meaning...

Hey Sup Forums, not doing so good in my life right now so I'm looking for suggestions comfy movies with deeper meaning. I know that's kind of a vague request but I couldn't think of any way better to put it. Some examples that I watched and enjoyed are:

>pic related Into the Wild
>A River Runs Through it
>Of Mice and Men

check out Y Tu Mama Tambien

I think In Bruges fits what you're looking for. It's comfy, melancholic but funny and has a deeper meaning if you can relate to it. Worth checking out anyway, one of my faves.

Everything will be okay by Don Hertzfeldt, it's a series of 3 shorts

Up in the Air
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Check out Bottle Rocket by Wes Anderson.

It's comfy, good acting and there's something nice about the chemistry between the characters.

I definitely recommend it - Scorsese rates it.

Hope you're okay OP

bottle rocket is shit

any Wes Anderson movie desu

thanks these sound interesting

>In Bruges
Fuck no

Apocalypse Now

OP, Into the Wild was about a silver spoon fed trust fund baby scumbag who died the fitting death of an autistic faggot!!!FACT!!!

Wild, the one with Reese Witherspoon

I know, it was still nice and entertaining though, regardless of the story behind it. Pretty sure he had mental issues IRL so it wasn't entirely his fault

test

This, I don't really understand why somebody thought his story made good movie material. Did he find enlightenment by dying alone and in pain after eating poisonous plants ? What is the meaning of all this ? He should have stayed with the old guy who considered him as his son.

Mental issues would explain a lot of things.

Read some books instead, faglord.

Some people don't like it but I thought Kings of Summer was great

It has the whole "escape into the wilderness" thing in common, even if it's in a whole different league

Because it was a great book. I loved it, and I am not normally into that. It's just an interesting story. I also really liked the movie though. I dunno, maybe my standards aren't that high. I really liked the soundtrack.

This looks good, thanks!

Captain Fantastic is pretty wholesome. Gets to the "tip tip mlady" territory, but goes out of it fast

I love the soundtrack too, I listen to it all the time

Paris, Texas

oh and City of God

Thanks. I can highly recommend Adventures of the Wilderness Family. Walkabout and Zulu.

>interracial couple on the poster

Pass on this one

Kikujiro

No problem OP. This is exactly the itch you need to scratch if you're going through a rough time. Also, this is the best dramatic movie I've seen in years. Enjoy

Stalker
Amazing sound track
mostly walking around in nature
Goes pretty deep into philosophy.

And some more...
The War Lord 1965, The Naked Prey 1966, The Last King Of Scotland 2006 for Forrest and Surviving The Game 1994 for Ice.

yes, different shades of people in Brazil is not a new concept

short term 12

>life is hard for some and people go through all kinds of crap, but eventually you pull through, not necessarily thorugh some big, life chaning moment, but day by day and with the help of people around you or becasue of your own resilence. Humanity is kinda beautiful, desptite being a bit fuckt up and melancholy.

jeremiah johnson is a amazing film as well

holy shit. The weird thing it that i'd been wanting to see this but then forgot about it...and now you brought it up in the thread. Weird

On a philosophical level its pretty much the complete opposite story of into the wild. Its my favorite survival themed movie but the sound track does not have eddie veder so its falls flat their but other then that its amazing.

Synecdoche, New York