Give me 5 good explanations why marijuana should be banned

Give me 5 good explanations why marijuana should be banned

"it's degenerate" isn't an explanation, that's a statement

Other urls found in this thread:

drugfree.org/news-service/substance-use-in-12th-grade-dropouts-greater-than-in-teens-who-stay-in-school/
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/09/09/study-teens-who-smoke-weed-daily-are-60-less-likely-to-complete-high-school-than-those-who-never-use/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2910149/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont have any and nobody else should be allowed to either

> growing it causes 2/3 of all the housefires in my country
>it causes lung cancer
>it triggers psychiatric problems
>stoners are a risk when driving high
>i smoked marijuana when i was 15 and now im gay.

>growing it causes 2/3 of all the housefires in my country
Are you kidding me?

1. COTTON IS KING
2. COTTON IS KING
3. COTTON IS KING
4. COTTON IS KING
5. COTTON IS KING

nope. it's a national pastime of people to grow weed in their attic in my country. i did it at one time. lots of wires, water and shoddy construction. it's not really safe.

It is still unreal to me even tho legalization in your country is old news.

Is it legal everywhere or just in amsterdam?

It brings the fucking worst people into your city. Just look at colorado

>> growing it causes 2/3 of all the housefires in my country
Because it's illegal.
>>it causes lung cancer
So do tobacco products and other legal commodities.
>>it triggers psychiatric problems
It may. Just like alcohol or even external triggers or trauma.
>>stoners are a risk when driving high
People are a risk when driving on the phone. That's not on the phone or the cannabis, but on the drivers themselves.
>>i smoked marijuana when i was 15 and now im gay.
Kankerflikkertje.

Makes people content in shitty situations. Governments should really be for it for this reason. But if you want to better society, the economy, technology, etc you can't have a populace that's getting stoned all the time.

Because you smell like a bag full of diarrhea stricken cats set on fire.

>legalization in your country is old news
Legalisation has never happened.
>everywhere or just in amsterdam
Nowhere.

Sale is 'tolerated' in licensed venues, but that's just a strategy to seperate cannabis markets from hard-drug markets. The legal status is vague, but growing and wholesaling to shops is 100% illegal.. That's why there are plantations in residential areas, warehouses, boats and the weirdest other spots. If it were legal it'd all just be glass-covered agriculture, just like tomatoes.

It smells bad and I don't like it when youths have fun.

>> growing it causes 2/3 of all the housefires in my country
That's a problem with Denmark, not a problem with growing the cannabis plant. If Danes were growing cabbage in their house the result would be the same.
>>it causes lung cancer
It's not like that's a problem for people that don't smoke cannabis. Note: there are non-smoking ways to use cannabis.
>>it triggers psychiatric problems
It's not like that's a problem for people that don't use cannabis for it's effects.
>>stoners are a risk when driving high
Just like drunk drivers are. But alcohol is not banned.
>>i smoked marijuana when i was 15 and now im gay.
Pretty sure you were just gay the whole time m8.

It's not like Denver was an amazing place before, user. Also the only reason stoners flock to Colorado is because it's one of the few free places to use cannabis.

>Makes people content in shitty situations.
Are we talking about cannabis or alcohol?

What the fuck? Give me 1 reason why smoking should be legal?

>and not hurr durr well it helps me calm down

Lol enjoy dying at 40 fag

>statements do not qualify as a proper argument
wel, this makes things rather difficult

But it is legal to smoke in those venues? And come on, is police really going to arrest you if you smoke a joint somewhere in the park or something?

>It's not like that's a problem for people that don't use cannabis for it's effects.

What kind of use are you referring to? Birdseed, rope, fibers that sort of thing? Because those are legal, at least here..

It makes people lazy and lose all of their personality traits.

Not to mention they will start bragging about weed culture, fuck em.

There's no excuse for prohibiting possession or personal consumption of anything. Only when someone victimizes another person is it a legitimate crime.

DUDE

*not Denmark, but the argument still the same.

>"it's degenerate" isn't an explanation

Yes it is. It's a very good reason and it deserves to be addressed.

Big Daddy Government says so. Don't you want the State to tell you what to do?
>it causes lung cancer
>implying you have to smoke it
Only retards smoke.

When you legalize it, big money moves in and the price drops through the fucking floor and people get addicted to high potency Cannabis extracts. Thesr extracts have an unfortunate side effect of degeneracy.

t. legal weed d00d

>But it is legal to smoke in those venues?
Smoking is not banned by law, but since the sale and posession are formally illegal there really isn't a way to smoke legally.. The whole policy we have is based on non enforcement of laws for the consumer of the product, NOT legalisation. It bascically means that as long as you only smoke in your home or shops, you never really run the risk of being prosecuted for weed.
>And come on, is police really going to arrest you if you smoke a joint somewhere in the park or something?

Arrest you, no. Not for the joint alone.. But they might fine you and/or take your weed, if you're dumb enough to admit you have more on you than what you're smoking. Especially in places like railway stations and on the street. Parks not so much, but still possible... If they see you have weed in a random traffic stop there's a very good chance they'll seize it, though you won't be fined.

compounds from the plant should be used medicine sold in pharmacies

anything else is just and excuse to partake in slothful drug culture that is associated with the plant

"It's degenerate" does not qualify as a proper argument. Try re-reading that sentence.

Sure.

>It makes people lazy and lose all of their personality traits.
So does alcohol. I would know, both sides of my family are alcoholics.

Weed culture only exists because it's illegal.

>actually linking reddit
You can say "it's degenerate" but without an explanation of why and why that means it should be banned you aren't proving anything.

It's only still illegal because of one reason
>for profit prisons love taking drug charged inmates

a fucking leaf

>weed culture

That's basically a result of it being illegal though.. There's hardly any weed culture here, because there isn't much cultural about going to a store and buying what you please.

>Give me 5 good explanations why marijuana should be banned
irrelevant. it shouldn't be banned because a bunch of parasites living off my money shouldn't decide what can I ingest, be it bleach or a tomato. I don't even want to smoke it ever

It allows us to put blacks in prison but I can't think of any other reasons.

>You can say "it's degenerate" but without an explanation of why and why that means it should be banned you aren't proving anything.

Since you're too stupid to understand I'll spell it out for you. It's destructive to the self and to society. It's addictive, and it makes people stupid and lazy. If everyone smoked marijuana society wouldn't function so we need to calibrate our laws to discourage its use. Get it?

> growing it causes 2/3 of all the housefires in my country
>it causes lung cancer

literally every single one of these reasons is a better tradeoff for lower incarceration rates, lower crime rates, lower domestic violence rates, lower gang violence rates, lower nigger on nigger rates

it pacifies niggers first and foremost

how is that a bad thing?

>big money moves in and the price drops through the fucking floor and people get addicted to high potency Cannabis extracts. Thesr extracts have an unfortunate side effect of degeneracy.
>posts a picture of feelguy at a bar drinking hard alcohol
How ironic

>It's destructive to the self and to society. It's addictive, and it makes people stupid and lazy. If everyone smoked marijuana society wouldn't function so we need to calibrate our laws to discourage its use. Get it?
Oh I understand completely. But under that argument shouldn't we ban alcohol as well?

Do cops have right to search you whenever they want? Even on streets if they want?

For example, here in Serbia they can search right there on the spot if you give them even slightest clue of suspicion or if they are having bad day and just want to fuck with you.

>It's destructive to the self and to society. It's addictive, and it makes people stupid and lazy

people are stupid and lazy by default you dumb fuck

take a look in the mirror lmao

fuck you

the tradeoffs for marijuana legalization are good regardless of how many retards you get fucking their shit up as a result compared ot it fucking everyones shit up via the legal system

ahhahaghbahahhaahaha fucking get over yourself mate

>It's destructive to the self
Shit reason for anything being illegal.
>and to society.
Citation needed.
>It's addictive,
What isn't?
>and it makes people stupid and lazy.
Citation needed
>If everyone smoked marijuana society wouldn't function
Bs
>so we need to calibrate our laws to discourage its use. Get it?
But US drug laws seem to do everything but discourage people from smoking weed. The US is pretty much the most DUDE WEED country in the western world.. I smoke a lot of weed, but that's actually fairly a-typical for this country. In the US however, most young people I've met seemed to smoke weed, varying from semi-regularly to daily.

>Oh I understand completely. But under that argument shouldn't we ban alcohol as well?

Not necessarily since alcohol can be used safely. You can drink a beer and not become intoxicated or harmed by it but you can't a joint and not be affected. Even using tiny traces amounts will cause it to stay in your system for weeks.

why don't you stay on reddit and stop shitting this board, you leftist cuck

>weedfags so mad ITT

top kek, why don't you go take a puff to calm down you degenerate faggots

It's legal and good tax revenue in my state. Anyone arguing against it needs to look real hard at alcohol and ask themselves which one is a harder drug, then take an economics 101 class.

>Do cops have right to search you whenever they want?
No, preventive/random searches are only allowed in areas the Mayor of a town as indicated as 'safety risk area', and those searches are technically only about weapons, not drugs. If they do happen to find drugs though, it's often seized and you might be fined for it. Depending on the quantity and type of drug you can also be arrested of course..
>Even on streets if they want?
Like I said above, random searches are only allowed in places deemed a 'safety risk', and you really only see those in the bigger cities.. However, if they see you smoke a joint or smell weed in your car, that can be cause for them to search you on the reasonable suspicion that you have weed on you.
>For example, here in Serbia they can search right there on the spot if you give them even slightest clue of suspicion or if they are having bad day and just want to fuck with you.

No, it's not like that here. It's a bit easier to stop you randomly when you're driving, but in those cases they can really only check for driving-related things, like papers, roadworthyness, tinted windows etc.

Weed should not be banned, but it's far from harmless.

I am addicted to weed. This pic has been saved on my desktop in an attempt to motivate myself to kick my destructive habit. Sadly, though, I'm high as a kite as I write this and it's not even 9am. Every morning I wake up craving to get high. I get high before work. I get high before dates. I get high before seeing my family on the holidays. Or sometimes, I just get too high to even go do any of those things. Last night I smoked so much weed that I had no energy to go to parties when my friend sent me a text. Instead I masturbated three times and ate cheese pizza slices, all while getting more and more hig. Eventually, and mercifully, I smoked myself into unconsciousness shortly there after.

Weed has ruined by life and I've failed maybe 200 times at quitting it. I say "Tommorow is my last day!" or "This is my last Joint ever" so many times but I still havent managed to quit for more than 36 hours.

Don't end up like me.

1. It makes you listen to or even play modernist nigger/jazz/hiphop music
2. It makes you not want to work the cotton fields or sacrifice yourself to unjustified wars
3. It would kill about half the pharmaceutic market share, some of the chemical and some textile and papertile(?) too
4. Sudden Massive Low Level redpillments on whole shares of people (with significant hippie residues)
5. Justin Trudeau

Marijuana legalization leads to the pacification of niggers

fact

you cant argue this ideal because literally anything else (other than a 'final solution' which is impractical and unaffordable due to moralfags) is incapable of pacifying the chimps

i guarantee u if htey were all stoned as fuck at home they wouldnt be out chimping and rioting as they are cause theyd be cool dudes

is increased schizophrenia rates, lower incarceration rates, and decreased gang violence such a large price to pay for the pacification of the chimps? Obviously there will be a slightly decreased retention in wagecuckery at first as people flock to the ganj but when you educate the pacified niggers beautiful things can happen

Lol its really easy mode over there. I only need to behave like normal person which I am and nobody will ever bother me and I can carry whatever I want. Its a dream coming true (for people living there lol).

I don't know why some of you think legalization would be bad. Come to Oregon or Colorado and see how it's affected things. Protip: you won't see any difference other than the economic benefits. Oregon has a whopping 25% tax on weed. And I happily pay it. No one smokes weed in public areas, people do it at home. Drunks are a huge problem still though. People here just like to be edgy though and nowadays being edgy is licking boots, being a good Christian boy, and traditionalism.

HMMMMMM MAKES YOU PONDER

Then fix your fucking house you piece of shit.

>Not necessarily since alcohol can be used safely.
And cannabis can't? Read up on it a little bit.

Also, do you think most drinkers use safely? It's not like people who drink just have three beers and stops there.
>You can drink a beer and not become intoxicated or harmed by it but you can't a joint and not be affected.
That's like saying there aren't varying amounts of THC. Think of it like drinking a pint of 5% beer vs a pint of 80 proof liquor.
>Even using tiny traces amounts will cause it to stay in your system for weeks.
Referring to how the piss test gets results? Those latent chemicals have no discernible affect on the human body.

The only anger here is your post desu. Go shitpost in a holocaust thread.

>but you can't a joint and not be affected.
you accidently a joek

1. It causes anxiety disorders
2. It's impairing the judgment of the user, possibly harming himself or others.
3. It makes people stupid.
4. It makes people lazy.
5. It's supported by annoying shitheads like OP and therefore should remain illegal out of spite alone.
6. It pollutes and stinks up the environment.
7. There are already enough drugs for enjoyment and they cause enough damage as it is. We don't need another one.
8. It brings out the worst in people.
9. It causes accidents.
10. Most of its supporters are criminals who have no respect for the law. Letting these people get their way is a blow to any country's justice system. Why should I obey any law if I can just go ahead and break it and whine ad nauseaum about being punished until I am no longer punished?
11. It imposes risks on other members of society.
12. users suffer from impaired mental abilities, a loss of coordination, trouble with thinking and problem-solving and a distorted perception.

There are valuable members of society who are waiting for lifesaving organ transplants. We should harvest the organs of potheads to save them.

We should also use potheads for medical experiments to save the lives of decent people.

I raise a glass of bear to that! And then going straight to my car to kill 2 kids on the road.

Seth Rogen
Welfare
Layabouts
Liberals
Intelligence
Mental Illness

>Oregon has a whopping 25% tax on weed
Holy shit, that is way too much tax for anything.

>Seth Rogen
Shit I need to agree on this.

>growing it causes 2/3 of all the housefires in my country

For real? Goddamn, either your country doesn't have a lot of house fires or it has a lot of idiots who can't use heat lamps properly.

>it causes lung cancer

Vaporizers would like to have a word with you.

The only studies that suggest this are the studies that show some evidence that smoking it can exacerbate schizophrenia in people who are already at risk of having or have latent symptoms.

Nigger please, I smoked that shit for five years and the only traffic incident I was ever involved in while driving daily was when another driver hit me in the ass at a stop light.

What?

Nah it's not that bad. We get to smoke and buy weed legally, and the state gets money for roads and such. It's a win-win. No one complains about it. It's still cheaper than before legalization.

I'm paying 26% Income tax which comes out to around 26000 fucking dollars

So I whole heartidly agree

I mean fuck let me just hire a maid or some shit as my public service

Luckily, most people who drink aren't as irresponsible. Potheads who drink, however, are. That's the deadly combination.

seems to affect ability to count too

Somebody's been watching too much Reefer Madness.

I'd rather be around a drunk or a cigarette smoker than a stoner. Drunkenness and cigarette smoke are the foundations of our civilization.

Seth should be hanged for being the poster child of liberal pot smoking hipsters.

>that isn't an explanation, it's a statement

An explanation has to be a statement dumb cunt

Malboro Man from the 60s agrees. No, wait, he died of Lung Cancer and Liver Cirrhosis

none of these valid reasons are a good tradeoff to a marked decrease in violence (especially domestic), incarceration rates, organized crime income, and increased taxation income

remove head from ass

thank you

bravo

>1. It causes anxiety disorders
It exposes anxiety disorders that were already there
>2. It's impairing the judgment of the user, possibly harming himself or others.
Just like legal drugs
>3. It makes people stupid.
^
>4. It makes people lazy.
^^
>5. It's supported by annoying shitheads like OP and therefore should remain illegal out of spite alone.
Wonderful argument
>6. It pollutes and stinks up the environment.
So do automobiles.
>7. There are already enough drugs for enjoyment and they cause enough damage as it is. We don't need another one.
How arbitrary. Cannabis is an older drug than the drugs you are likely referencing. Those drugs are the "another ones".
>8. It brings out the worst in people.
So do other legal drugs
>9. It causes accidents.
People cause accidents.
>10. Most of its supporters are criminals who have no respect for the law. Letting these people get their way is a blow to any country's justice system. Why should I obey any law if I can just go ahead and break it and whine ad nauseaum about being punished until I am no longer punished?
Nonsense. It's supporters can be criminals because it's an illegal drug. I thought Germans were supposed to be intelligent.
>11. It imposes risks on other members of society.
You already said this.
>12. users suffer from impaired mental abilities, a loss of coordination, trouble with thinking and problem-solving and a distorted perception.
You already said this.

2/10, please try again

>Seth Rogen
Is a cunt
>Welfare
Is not related
>Layabouts
Occur no matter what
>Liberals
Are not the only ones for cannabis. In fact many are against it.
>Intelligence
Smart people do drugs too
>Mental Illness
Latent mental illness can be brought out by cannabis and alcohol.

>Luckily, most people who drink aren't as irresponsible
kek

>he doesn't realize that Cannabis was extensively used in civilization pre-Prohibition

>Aussie "pretends" to be retarded

>For real? Goddamn, either your country doesn't have a lot of house fires or it has a lot of idiots who can't use heat lamps properly.

I don't think it's true, though it's not unheard of to hear of hemp plantations going up in smoke. Most common causes for fires are smoking, cooking and candles though.

Oh my God who gives a fuck. It was his own fault for overusing it, not the substances themselves.

>Is a cunt
Now imagine a room filled with 20 of him
>Is not related
Is incredibly related as over 75% of High School drop outs are pot heads
>Occur no matter what
And are most frequently pot heads
>Are not the only ones for cannabis. In fact many are against it.
But are the only ones to leave it unchecked and are making it all or nothing thus throwing medicinal to the curb
>Smart people do drugs too
In the privacy of their own home or private area and are already motivated and less likely to get caught
>Latent mental illness can be brought out by cannabis and alcohol.
Alcohol doesn't cause psychotic breaks and bringing out these latent illnesses is greatly undesirable. Not to mention Alcohol takes dedication unless you are a light weight, which typically aren't alcoholics

>every pot head is seth rogan
You dont get out much do you?

>Is incredibly related as over 75% of High School drop outs are pot heads

Proofs.jpeg

I never said all I said 20. which given what a piece of shit he is, is something we should never encourage.

drugfree.org/news-service/substance-use-in-12th-grade-dropouts-greater-than-in-teens-who-stay-in-school/
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/09/09/study-teens-who-smoke-weed-daily-are-60-less-likely-to-complete-high-school-than-those-who-never-use/

Incarceration rates will decrease when potheads are killed and their organs are harvested.

I care more about having non-degenerate society than about tax income. Furthermore, using potheads for medical experiments will create far more wealth in the long run.

Also: Arguments of implementation are not arguments of merit. So yeah, you can go fuck yoruself.

No arguments and you ignored the last two important points. I hope you get cancer, pothead scum.

>Is incredibly related as over 75% of High School drop outs are pot heads

are these statistics cited from a point that is unaffiliated with the continued criminalization of marijuana?

i wonder what the rates of high school drop outs on weed is in like netherlands where u arent drawn towards the criminal world and disenfranchised with the legal system as a result of just trying to chill out and not chimp out on a little sweet ganj

realyl ameks u think

Kiwi leave the shit posting to your big brother

just trollin'
desu as a smoker i am in solidarity with big tobacco. we have shock photos on cigarettes now too and i think its both ridiculous and a very totalitarian way of conditioning people, unworthy of a society that calls itself civil and progressive or even enlightened. Whatever works.

>Not just passing high school high

Soft cunts

>Also: Arguments of implementation are not arguments of merit. So yeah, you can go fuck yoruself.

>when potheads are killed and their organs are harvested

i dont know what to say bro u btfo urself

Can lead people down the whole Joe Rogan path of "y'know, psychedelics are just a gateway to another realm man, and who's to say which one is even fuckin' real bro? You know that visible light makes up 0.0000001% of the electromagnetic spectrum? We're literally a fuckin frequency on a radio dial. We're literally bacteria riding a frequency wave man. And weed is just a taxi ride to another frequency on the dial. And did you know that Marijuana is literally a fuckin' sacred plant? There is no other planet like it in the whole universe and Neil Degrasshole Tyson even said it was probably brought down by aliens 12,000 years ago right after the flood and it was actually literally Graham Hancock's direct ancient ancestor who was the first living human being to ever grind it up and smoke it? Dude the Burning Bush is literally an account of a DMT trip and did you know that Santa Clause's colours are red and white because the St Nicholas used to go to Peru and trip on the Amanita Muscaria mushrooms and that literally ever fairytale and biblical parable ever created is directly based on psychedelic experiences?""

And in that way, it *can* become a gateway drug to other psychedelics romanticised by the New Age Atheist/Buddhist tree-hugging hippies. Like anything moderation is key. Anyone prone to addictive tendencies shouldn't bother with it. Like they shouldn't bother with any drug.

It can trigger schizophrenia or schizophrenic symptoms. It generally induces pacifism upon the user which can be ok once in a while but if regular use becomes a constant national trend then good luck counting on the hippies listening to 'Imagine' on their vinyl player practising kundalini yoga when shit hits the fan.

Obviously there are a good amount of people who can use it responsibly. But nationally I don't think it's a good idea to promote it's usage by legalising it. Decriminalisation is I think as far as I'd ever support.

I'm a smoker btw.

Why do I need 5? What 5 reasons can you give me for choosing the number 5?

i never said niggers were smart

>Overall, 31.4 percent of dropouts use illicit drugs.
And the other study is about people who smoke weed EVERY DAY. Those are the same kind of people who become alcoholics and pill poppers. By your logic it's the substance and not the user's fault. I guess we should ban all guns because they are used in murders and all pre-marital sex because it leads to welfare mothers too. Let's reinstate prohibition too because a portion of the population can't drink alcohol responsibly.

Ah you ignored the primary point of the article and then went on a rant about unprovided and unbacked theories on why your point is correct.

Bill is that you?

The Tobacco industry
The Alcohol industry
The Psychiatric industry
The Oncology industry
The Education industry

Primary point of which one? They're both biased as hell and its already well known you shouldnt smoke pot till your in your 20s.

Kids are still gonna do it regardless if its legal or not all your doing is funding niggers.

>this thread
>the give me 5 reasons niggers should be exterminated, subhuman doesn't count

Well I guess CTR are getting smarter

There really isn't any good reason for it to be.

It shouldn't.

I think smoking it is degenerate, just like abusing any other drug is degenerate. But the state has no business telling anyone what they can and cannot do in the privacy of their own home.

>Both bias
Okay
this is for you
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2910149/

>Kids are still going to do it
which is exactly why we should tell them it's fine and actually encourage the next generation to do it more! God damn it Silverstein you are right!

My point was there are no 75% figures in your links and your logic is faulty. In the end though weed is already here and once people study Oregon and Colorado post-legalization they'll change their tunes about it. Plus, with the DOJ ending for profit prisons we won't have a need to fill up jails with marijuana charges. Have a nice day!

>marijuana
Has harmful effects on the developing brain.
Your lungs are not designed to inhale smoke, health hazard.
Promotes laziness.
Promotes excessive eating, we're already fat as fuck.
It's associated with hippies, who are anti-war pussies.

Generally, it does more harm to society than any benefits it gives. Laws are made for society. Marijuana is bad for society and therefore there should be a law restricting its use.

It does significantly alter the development of the adolescent brain.

> its addictive
Dont make me laugh. Spend some time around real addicts then realize what a joke that statement was. Even coffee is far more addictive.
> Makes people stupid or lazy
This is also false. Some people that use it are stupid and lazy but it doesn't make you stupid or lazy. When i smoke i like to go surfing, swimming, or fishing. but then again i live in a beautiful area of the country and being high while spending time outside is awesome.

Alcohol and tobacco can alter development of adolescents. These drugs are not banned.

Saying that we should save the lives of decent people by killing potheads and harvesting their organs is an argument of merit, honey.