Cartoon Cartoons

Does anybody remember the Cartoon Cartoons? They were basically CN's answer to the Nicktoons, and had a Friday night block with a good concept, have the characters themselves break the fourth wall(sometimes more than usual) and host the show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UHBJDSwlBc
youtube.com/watch?v=rrXDTT32eZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DsSd_uVnYHI
youtube.com/watch?v=2UcFTDL9V4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CCF was so fucking cool.

Makes me wonder why they never tried doing anything like it again or why they switched to obnoxious live action hosts instead of continuing to have characters from their successive lineups of originals host.

It'd be pretty neat to see the concept resurrected, have the show hosted by CN's current characters, like Jake, Richard, Peridot, Panda, Mordecai, etc.

For me the CCF's theme should be CN's main anthem, it represents all the years i spent watching the channel as a child while occasionaly checking nick here and there, good times

youtube.com/watch?v=_UHBJDSwlBc

I just wish they would release the host segments on DVD or have them do reruns or hell bring it back for [adult swim] like they did for Toonami, just have the old shows as reruns and put in the episodes that were released after CCF ended and just for S and Gs, put in reruns of the new episodes of Samurai Jack

>only 2/3 Edboys
>PPGs facing the wrong way

That's the way they washed their hands FALALALALA LALALALA!!!!

OT-ish, but I disagree with the Facebook and 9gag memes that Cartoon Network "died" in 2004. 2004 wasn't the death, if anything it was their last great year.

Even though this was the year when the network changed its logo, it still managed to maintain a great year of programming with shows like Foster's season 1, peak Billy & mandy, peak KND, Duck Dogers, Megas XLR, and Star Wars: Clone Wars. It was the overlap between the best of the best of the 90s cartoons dwindling out/still getting reruns and the best of the early 2000s, before the mediocre stuff they pushed from 2005-2009. And of course, we can't forget the City bumpers.

2005-2006ish was when things were more noticeably headed towards the iceberg. And 2007-2009 is when the ship smacked into it with CN Real.

it pisses me off when people are arguing over "when (X) channel died" and to defend their point they cherrypick good shows that lasted years while excluding the failed attempts, its like people forgot the same generation that grew with shit like Samurai Jack and Dexter also grew watching Super Duper Sumos and Mega Babies (i know most didn't, i just mean it was on air)

I liked I Am Weasel

Funny on that show, Baboon was. Herh herh herh.

this is the original theme. not fridays
youtube.com/watch?v=rrXDTT32eZQ

The hosting bit was neat.

I prefered this:

youtube.com/watch?v=DsSd_uVnYHI

The birthplace of many a classic. I remember the PPG pilot and Mina and the Count most vividly.

I remember watching what was essentially a Family Guy pilot on it.
youtube.com/watch?v=2UcFTDL9V4M
>God knows how long later, Seth is still shit at range.

Wasn't Mina and the Count from Aw Yeah Cartoons?

Yeah this kinda slapstick face paced action would have been infinitely better than Family Guy's... dickery. Also I prefer Larry's stupid and Steve's cynic straightman routine to Peter's Dumbass and Brian's shit fake-intellect gag

Oh god the Memories... Never was there a cartoon that I wanted more to have a story AND to be a real series.

>Does anybody remember the Cartoon Cartoons?

is that a serious question?

I think it had a first pilot on What a Cartoon, then had a second pilot pitched on Oh Yeah! Cartoons. The first one felt like a really solid preview of the concept, while the second felt like an honest-to-God actual episode plucked straight from an alternate universe where they got greenlit.

Meanwhile, Seth McFarlane pitched his shitty proto-Family Guy garbage and got shut down, only to retool it and get picked up by Fox. It's the biggest disappointment of either of those shows that Mina & The Count was literally perfect from the beginning yet never got to move forward.

Shit, I just looked it up again, and they made SIX episodes. And holy shit, Mark Hamill voiced the Count? Looks like I'm off to youtube to find them.

The other day I was watching OtTG with my dad and after the CN Studios logo they play a beat of the CCF theme. My dad, who is in his early 60s of age and sometimes doesn't remember old stuff, after the beat played immediately went "Cartoon Cartoons!"

I think that should sum up how much and important that block was for me as a kid.

I have absolutely no idea why they started doing the live-action hosts thing

I mean, I highly doubt there was a demand for it

jontron please go

man i miss host segments and the .com picks

I freakin loved that as a kid. It was great.

They still wanted to copy Nick with their hosts.

>Let's copy a failing network with barely any good shows still airing
I don't get the logic Cartoon Network has here

>Jake
>Richard
>Peridot
>Panda
>Mordecai
God, all of these are perfect choices.
Dexter shows up at one point for a hostile takeover

>Cartoon Network
>Logic

>failing
Wut? Nick was consistently the 1# network for the younger demographic for years until Disney Channel started exploiting its teenage stars giving them shows of their own who took up the share. CN was copying a formula that was proven successful at that time and then it blew up in their faces and its not like they never dabbed in live action before considering Carrot Top was a regular host for programming back in the 90's.

oh my god i forgot how funny seth mcfarlane was capable of being. some of those gags had me dying. that airplane bit was gold. shame we didnt get this instead of family guy.

He wrote some fun gags in Dexter's Laboratory and Johnny Bravo.

The thing about Cartoon Cartoon Fridays is that it was the culmination of everything we loved about cartoons as a kid. Not only was it THE place to see new cartoons, but the fact that other cartoons were hosting made it feel more alive, like you weren't watching a network so much as peering into an actual, genuine world of cartoons. CN City did this as well, and it was pretty cool too.

Remembering it and re-watching clips of it as an adult, the effect is still there from nostalgia, but looking past that it felt like there was a genuine love for the cartoons that were on the network, they put so much effort into bringing the characters to life just for the benefit of the children watching it.

I won't get into how it differs from today, because much has already been said about the "then vs. now" debate. All I will say is that Cartoon Cartoon Fridays were, at its core, celebrating the cartoons we loved, and that is something I can respect.

>and its not like