What's life like in American cities?

What's life like in American cities?

Other urls found in this thread:

detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/06/26/huge-pig-found-detroit-basement/29371227/
youtube.com/watch?v=cB5YEQ47M5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SPOOK STREET
SPOOK STREET
SPOOK STREET

I live in San Francisco AMA

how many STDs do you have?

S P to the Double O an K

Grove Street

probably the same like in the rest of America... shit

It's a lot like OP's .webm, depending on what neighborhood you're in.
user from Detroit here. Nearly got mauled by two feral pitbulls a few months ago. And I was in what metro Detroiters would call a "decent" neighborhood in Corktown.
Look to the Northeast and Upper Midwest if you want to inhabit safer cities. Still, though, every city has its shit neighborhoods; some more than others.
Detroit has the highest auto insurance in the nation. You can buy a house for cheap, but the property taxes will make your fucking head spin. Utilities are insane. And it's still no guarantee that your streetlights will work (a friend said his went off five years ago and haven't been fixed), or your garbage will get collected.
Pic related is a perk. Nice public park. And that's 'cause it's no longer owned by the city. The state took control when Detroit filed bankruptcy. An entire fucking city declaring bankruptcy.
Baltimore, Atlanta, Dallas and Chicago are no better. You pay an extravagant amount of money to live in shit conditions. But, hey, at least you'll always have the ability to catch a movie! And there's no shortage of restaurants!
Fucking avoid large American cities like the plague.

Can't you fuck off into some comfy town near Detroit and commute to work?

'Burbs are pretty expensive, depending on where you go, and Detroit is a fucking massive city with terrible roads and traffic.
I know people who make 60 min + commutes from the outer-ring suburbs. We also don't have public transportation, aside from buses. Trying to get a lightrail going. But that's never gonna happen. Idea's dead where it stands.
The inner-ring suburbs are wishy-washy. If they're safe, they're more expensive than living in the city. If they're cheap, they're typically in places like Royal Oak Township, where the Detroit rejects end up. In neighborhoods like these, there's virtually no difference between the city and the 'burbs.
Looking to relocate. But, with the exception of a few cities to the North, Detroit is where most of the statewide economic action happens.
This is what happens when you endure race riots and economic collapse. I suspect you'll see similar things happen to a few European/American cities in the future.

America outside of cities is actually okay, we have nice national parks

that's what everyone tries to do, turns every city into a sprawling mess and overpriced suburbs. mixed with no decent public transportation, it's 2 hours sitting in traffic every day for your "commute". America is simply a shithole near any big city and the only way around that is to avoid them all together.

Where do you work?

Everyone is either high, fat or retarded.

I work in the IT department for a mortgage lending company downtown.
I've got enough experience to look elsewhere. But the prospect of GTFO'ing and starting anew in some other city or state is a little daunting. I did some temp work in the Pacific Northwest about a year ago and it was even more expensive. Paying insurance, gas, rent, food, utilities, and student debt is financially draining. I gotta put my head down, work hard, and save up some money for at least the next few years before I even consider relocation. Such is life in Burgerland.

that's cuckshit, just fucking leave if you want to. relocating isn't hard or expensive if you don't have tons of useless shit in your house. sell it all and rent some place that's already furnished.

Brooklyn here. It's spook street, straight outta compton thug life here. I didn't even have to use my AK today, fucked around and got a triple double.

PNW looks great though desu

>living in cities

My city is ok because even in the black or mexican areas it's not too bad. Nothing on the level of Detroit or Camden. Also houses are cheap as fuck and there's lots of decent paying work around.

I thought brooklyn was already pretty gentrified? I also am under the impression queeens is like a giant china town as this point. Is it true?

Yeah. I hardly own shit. But my financial situation is fubar at the moment. Would be nice if I lived in some fairytale world where I could wave my wand and change everything in a flash. But that's sadly not the case. Relocation, like most tasks, takes careful preparation. I've relocated enough times to understand this. Not gonna make some whimsical decision like a mouth-breathing troglodyte and make matters worse. Plus, It's not like I absolutely hate everything about this city, anyway. I'm originally from the area, so it's home to me, even if it is a cesspool of absolute shit.
Some of the best natural beauty in the entire country. But the cost of living is high and the people can be a little meh. I spent time living in the Upper Midwest, where you get the best of both worlds: great, hospitable and civilized people, plus gorgeous and picturesque natural beauty.

I live in Chicago AMA

this

never thought I'd see a webm of the shield in Sup Forums of all places

Actually Brooklyn is pretty lowkey even in areas that's not gentrified. Even the worst parts are nowhere near as scary as parts of Philadelphia or Baltimore.

Many are quite decent

Why are there so many human waste on San Francisco streets?

why do black people have a slightly off way of moving

Evolutionary advantage in Jungles, I assume.

swag

You just jealous you ain't got no vibe

I live in Minneapolis. There are a lot of Somalis and Chicago nogs who come here for gibs. The U of M breeds a lot of SJW types. The downtown area has a skyway system that makes you feel like you're in a hamster cage.

Sometimes I wish I lived up north near the Boundary Waters.

Why not Duluth? Lots of cozy places in Northern Wisconsin, too.
U.P. of Michigan takes the cake, imho, though.

Ones without those sorts of people are quite normal, I myself have ever lived in just such places.

Yes, the Metro is an eternal cancer in this century. Please, don't leave, they'll only follow you.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Duluth would be nice too. I go kayaking and camping around there with my family, it's a pretty comfy area.

It's pretty nice here in New York.

That series was pretty good. Might watch it again now...

Short

Is there a video of this?

are you rich? why is your city so expensive?

Home.

at least it was before i fucked everything up

>user from Detroit here.
>from Detroit
Lol you're from our shittiest city and you act like that's in any way the norm.

Why don't more American cities gentrify if they want to kick all the nogs out.

That's racist

In what way have I acted like it's the norm?
I never even stated the worst shit that I've been exposed to. I'm simply implying that every city has its "areas." Detroit, on the whole, is worse than a great majority of American cities. But the population has dwindled, and it's no longer the murder capital it used to be in the 1990s. You think it's bad here? Go to the southside of Chitown and get lit up, faggot.

My parents are rich
Everyone wants to move here

>You think it's bad here? Go to the southside of Chitown and get lit up, faggot.
Chicagoan here. Some parts feel like the third world but others are quite well off and comfy.

The only part of Queens like that is Flushing. There are pockets of asians everywhere but they're usually only a few blocks from another ethnic neighborhood. Rego park for example is walking distance from Roosevelt ave. which is full of mexicans.

Chicago not interesting enough, but here's a you anyway :)

I really want to know the context of this.

As I said: every urban area in the US has its "areas."
West and Indian Villages are affluent, high-class neighborhoods in Detroit. Extremely safe areas with crime rates below the national average. However, move five blocks Northeast in you encounter some of the most heinous shit.
Link related (a personal favorite of mine): detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/06/26/huge-pig-found-detroit-basement/29371227/
What do you think the pig was eating? I'll give you a hint: it wasn't slop.

I live in South L.A its not as bad as it used to be.

HAHA you work for Quicken Loans. The office cucks gentrifying the core of the city are a blessing to us out in the burbs. You're cannon fodder for the richfags that'll raise your rents and throw you out of Corktown and Cass Corridor when the area is safe enough for them. I commute to school in Dearborn from Birmingham, grew up in Troy/Birmingham. Honestly I have no idea how dumb you'd have to be to willingly go work for QuickenCucks when places like Clawson and Livonia are better choices. Fuck Riverview and Wyandotte aren't bad either, and you aren't surrounded by ghetto trash.

>DESIGNATED feces covered heroin needle STREETS.

I want to laugh at this but SoCal is only slightly better off. Wouldnt surprise me if we end up having DESIGNATED streets ourselves if this sanctuary bullshit continues.

Kek!

awesome. Better than the suburbs and rural areas. lots to do, lots of culture, friends, social life, culture, music scene.

A lot of those cities are awesome. Including Detroit which is rapidly improving. If I were you I would be buying property around downtown. It is going to be the next cool city.

Baltimore and Chicago are awesome. Atlanta is ok. Dallas sucks.

they are gentrifying

. Rural areas are the new ghetto and the poor residents of city are being forced into the suburbs which are becoming bad, not all of them but alot of them

unless they buy. I live in a city where houses have gone up 500% in value over the past 20 years. When the normie boring white people move in the smart hipsters, gays, techies, and cool people can sell their houses for several times what they paid and gentrify a new city.

Most of the niggers are going to be homeless. The only places with enough vacant space for mass influxes of newcomers are cities like Pontiac (which is dead to the core, Detroit without the comeback in essence) and Flint/Saginaw (more nigger infested shitholes that are dead). Do you seriously think they are going to move out to the rural areas like Lake Orion or Garden City? Fuck no, nobody will ever sell their property to those baboons, and even landlords in the burbs fight tooth and nail to avoid having their complexes turned into section 8 housing. Most of them will either go back to the South where they have family, or they'll hit other dead rustbelt cities that haven't gotten gentrified yet. I sincerely doubt places like Saginaw, Flint and Pontiac are ever going to make a comeback. Detroit still hasn't made a full recovery and likely never will, especially now that Mexicantown is more dead than ever. I still remember when they opened that stupid hispanic community center and held an open house to celebrate the booming community. Not even a year later the place was dead and unused, and more people keep leaving the community. I don't mind the faggots, hipsters and office cucks being the frontline gentrifiers getting raped, shot at and mugged so that the rest of us can start concentrating the nogs into more easily controlled spaces. It's not just the city of Detroit seeing gentrification, but the burbs too. Clawson, Southfield, Ferndale and Berkely are the new hotspots for young white families that don't want their kids to attend DPS. The childless punks move into the city proper but they never stay because the city will never fix the shitty school system. They'll come right back to the burbs, only this time we'll have even more lebensraum since the niggers got squeezed in the last land rush in once nog owned burbs. Southfield and Berkely are becoming whiter every day, while the arabs are pushing out the negro menace from Hamtramck.

lol, the white people will flee the burbs. Suburbs and rural areas are the new ghetto faggot. The city is back

LOL the hipsters are never going to stay retard. I saw white families in Berkely, Clawson and Southfield. I don't see that in Detroit because outside of Grosse Pointe and Grosse Isle, Detroit Public Schools are a fucking nightmare for child development. Birmingham and Bloomfield are choked with construction (I'm literally on the border between the two), while Troy and Warren keep on seeing an influx of wealthy foreigners. Hamtramck and Dearborn belong to Arabs, while Farmington is slowly becoming an Indian nexus like Dearborn is the Arab nexus. The only places I hear that are getting worse are Pontiac, Flint and Inkster/Highland Park. Those were always shitholes though, so who cares about them.

City is dead as it ever will be, the newcomers will scramble as soon as they decide to have kids. Even the faggots and lesbos don't live in the city, they have Ferndale to develop. This whole "detroit comeback" meme is just that, a meme, and the hipster bars and cafes will shut down within a decade after the constant sexual assaults, robberies and shootings wear down the retard snobs from out of state.

why aren't black people happy in America? even if they live in poverty that's still like 1000x better than living in Africa.

youtube.com/watch?v=cB5YEQ47M5Y

dont hustle a hustler

Because Africa is a world away to them, they're in poverty surrounded by the wealthiest country on Earth.

It would be like if I constantly compared my life and wellbeing to people in Germany.

i'd rather be homeless in America than living in Europe desu, land of opportunity

>14 years ago
welp