Epic Akira Thread No. 3

Well a kind user pulled my ass out of the fire on the last one so lets continue on shall we.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Otomo
Oliff
Duffy
Goodwin

Lets Rock

Thanks for doing this. I never read the Epic Comics version, and I'm loving this. I'd always see the Akira advertisements when reading through old Epic publications but never bothered checking it out cause I had already read the B&W version.

But hot damn is this coloring superb. I wish I could get this in physical.

The credits of these comics actually give Otomo's assistants names which is cool

More impressive is that there is only 3 of them

Oh and Michael Higgins does the lettering

Thanks for posting. Any news on the supposed Hollywood adaption? Was it shut down?

I've read somewhere Katsuhiro hinted at an animated series adaption. That would be boss.

The last thing that happened with that trainwreck was the script got out and it was a comedy gold mine

Thank god.

Style Game on point

they never finished compiling the trades for this, right? i've managed to track down a bunch of them but the last few don't seem to exist

I am not sure I have only ever seen Singles out in the wild, could be small print runs.

You only get one chance to make a first impression.

To this day I'm kind of disappointed DH never put out a new, unflopped edition with unedited FX.

Do these elevators exist in real life? Or are they just in video games and comics and film?

I've always assumed every instance of one of those elevators was just an Akira homage.

Well the one in Shadow Moses is probably 100% that.

>my stormtrooper cousin warned me about this syndrome.

>I didn't expect... I just didn't expect it
You and a thousand other scientists

Thank you based user.

Nothing quite like Revenge is there