What was Beast Boy's relationship with Terra in the comics like unless it's the same thing as the cartoon

What was Beast Boy's relationship with Terra in the comics like unless it's the same thing as the cartoon

he got cucked by slade

I understand the comics and the cartoon arent the same story but what arc(s) is the cartoon based off of?

Normally this is just a meme post, but is completely correct. He was cuckolded by slade. Terra was dating slade and led garfield on, then she pulled the rug out from under him and told him off in front of everyone. (if memory serves)

Yeah she was high tier bitch in the comic. Unlikable in any regard. The cartoon show made her motivations and mistrust a little more obvious and relateable.

The Judas Contract.

Can i just read the judas contract to understand it all or do i need to read some of the earlier stuff?
Also is it worth the read?

Terra was Beastboy's perfect Waifu, Slade cucked him, and she was Red Pill's idea of what every women truly is. Heck, Marv Wolfman said it was 14 year old Terra that manipulated Deathstroke and not the other way around.

The Judas Contract is a stand-alone story, so you don't have to read anything else. At the same time it's the climax of several multi-year arcs so you get MORE from having read all of New Teen Titans up to that point.

Deathstroke's son took a contract on the Titans early in the run only to be killed, the Judas Contract was Deathstroke's reveng against them for his don's death.

Robin had been getting frustrated with the constraints of the Robin mantle for some time, so his debut as Nightwing was a big step forward.

Beast Boy had been crushing on Terra for many issues by now. Everyone was figuring out that he'd finally ask her out, or his love for her would bring her back from the brink. Nope, Terra is just a huge bitch. Who slept with Slade.

wait if she is 14, why is she smoking?

Most major comic arcs are self contained to some extant. You usually only need to know the characters and a rough synopsis of whats happened so far. Editors will tell you when they reference something specific.

But it wouldn't hurt to pick up a little teen titans back story before you start.

Massive bitch, we are not overselling this. There is no other interpretation.

I knew sloots who smoked when they were 14.

Comic book Terra was really sociopath.

Damn comic Terra is one really evil bitch. Did fans react negatively to the cartoon depiction at the time? It's almost like a completely different character.

Because that's how bad she is. She also sleeps with Slade.

Also, IMO, it was also due to competition with Marvel's X-men at the time. The two hottest selling titles of the early 80's were Claremont's X-men and Wolfman's Titans. Due to being about very similar subject (The interpersonal drama of young people with Super powers in a team setting) they often had similar storylines, and it would drive Wolfman crazy whenever an X-men fan said he stole some idea from Claremont. So pure innocent virginal Waifu-material 14 year old Kitty Pryde was introduced to the X-men, Therefor Wolfman decided to create the anti-Kitty, the complete opposite of her. Terra has no redeeming qualities and that was done on purpose.

I think most were positive. The original character was terrible and unlikable.

You got to remember Teen Titans was never a popular book. It was always DC comics answer to X-Men.

Because she's eurotrash.

Is it being really cucked when the whole relationship was all a ploy to kill the titans?

So, she was what every woman in reality is then.

The weirdest thing about Tara is that she's aupposed to be royalty.

Like all the other titan girls?

At the least, while she was spying on the Titans, was she nice enough to win their trust like in the show?

No, she was terrible. What said is correct. She was distrustful, rude and awful. Everyone just thought they needed her to warm up to them. But no, she was a bitch through and through.

This character was created to be hated. That's all.

FUCK NO
She was a huge cunt and was so obviously hiding something, Her whole backstory was shaky and Raven even fuckong onew she was evil cause Empath.

Pls no bully the Terra

>Starfire
>Donna
>Raven
>Terra
>Rose
Who else?

Her father was literally the king of Markovia, though since she is the product of an affair I don't know if she constitutes royalty.

Terra is Geo-force (From Batman and the Outsider's) half sister. Geo-force's mom is the queen, while Terra's mom is some American girl. She wasn't raised in the Palace and was for the most part a dirty secret best left unsaid.

Fun fact. RavenxBeastboy shippers who hate Terra in their fan fiction will portray her much closer to her comic book counterpart's personality.

> . The original character was terrible and unlikable.
That was the point. She's a villain

You can have a likeable villain.

Starfire is a tamarainian princess.
Raven is Triguns only daughter.
Donna troy was originally just a young Diana before her story was retconned.
Cassandra is Zeus' daughter.

Rose is pretty much the only one that wasn't a princess.

There's a few other titan girls but they are all less notable.

>That was the point. She's a villain
When did I say it wasn't?

And then they kept going back and forth about whether the second Terra was a clone, or if she actually was the original Terra with amnesia. I don't think DC ever definitively resolved that before killing her off out of the blue so they could give her codename to an unrelated character.

>14 year old assassin and spy
>surprised she smokes

you might have the tism

>or if she actually was the original Terra with amnesia.

Yeah, that tends to happen with Terra.

Superior Terra coming through

Do you think she took the knot from BB?

From BB? No.

They gave Terra II a backstory (and explained what happened to Terra I's corpse) in the Amanda Connor penned mini-series that she did for Terra III.

Terra II was a soldier from an alien race of inhuman looking gray skinned subterranean people that lived underground. A place that was also where the chemicals which gave Terra II and Geo-Force their powers was stolen from.

They wanted peaceful relations with the surface world but came up with a idiot plan of having said female soldier impersonate a dead "hero" to let her move freely on the surface. So they stole Terra's corpse and destroyed it to create a serum which they used to make said soldier a duplicate of the original Terra, right down to the DNA. Of course, they had ZERO idea that Terra was pure evil and more so, Terra II almost immediately got kidnapped by the Time Trapper, who mindwiped her in order to plant her in with the Team Titans to serve as an unwitting spy on Hank Hall/Monarch.

Terra III was the kingdom's second attempt to turn one of their own into a human, though without the corpse snatching.

Also for a fun note: Identity Crisis writer Brad Meltzer HATED HATED HATED Judas Contract and one of his chief goals in writing JLA was that he wanted to outright retcon the entire point of Judas Contract and reveal that Terra was "good" all along, using a retcon device Geoff Johns created to undo Cassandra Cain turning evil (by revealing that Deathstroke was drugging her to turn her evil).

He left the book before he could do it but got a Final Crisis tie-in special that let him do the retcon as far as Geo-Force being told by Deathstroke that Terra was turned evil/driven insane due to the same mind control serum he used on Batgirl. Needless to say, it didn't last at all as by the time Blackest Night came along, it was revealed via Cyborg that Deathstroke lied about turning Terra evil and confirmed by Black Lantern Terra.

what a clusterfuck

It's being adapted into an animated movie.

>t's almost like a completely different character.
You basically just described the entire cast of the cartoon.

Robin was basically a mini Batman complete with his worst traits. Starfire was a retard. Raven was just weirdo not quite anti social goth. Cyborg was a loud bro.

The cartoon handled the Judas Contract better than the comic.

In the comics Raven knew Terra was nuts and did not tell the others.In the cartoon Raven actually voiced her suspicions and tried to keep an eye on her.

I'm not sure how the upcoming movie will handle the Judas Contract but I don't have high hopes for it.
I feel like the cartoon upgraded Raven,Terra and Cyborg's characters. In the comics Raven was actually a liability to the team most of the times and boring. Cyborg's character was woe is me I am part robot and Terra was just a nutjob.

>You got to remember Teen Titans was never a popular book. It was always DC comics answer to X-Men.

This is not only wrong, it's self-contradictory. Teen Titans was very popular at the time BECAUSE it was DC's answer to the X-Men.

>Therefor Wolfman decided to create the anti-Kitty, the complete opposite of her. Terra has no redeeming qualities and that was done on purpose.

I like to think that Judas Contract only went the way it did because people just didn't get it. One of the most common criticisms of the arc is that we're given no reason for Terra to be so evil besides "she just is, shut up."
I take that as a sign of sheer fustratration on Wolfman's part, because of people like Scrapper at the time trying to redeem this character who was, from the outset, not supposed to have ANY redeeming qualities. Even from the beginning, before she was revealed to be working for Deathstroke, she was rude and outright hostile to everyone, including Beast Boy, and THEN he revealed she was a spy.
Ironically, the only sympathetic moment she had was in the Outsiders crossover, where she showed she didn't want to hurt her brother, and that wasn't even written by Wolfman!

Whoa whoa are you actually insinuating that terra is evil? Then explain why she sacrificed herself for the Titans explain why she gave up her powers for a normal life. I'm not Scrapper but I agree with him on this one.

Rose's Mother is actually Cambodian royalty.

That's a terrible backstory. Honestly Terra 2 should've just been amnesiac Terra back from the dead.

As an avid comic book reader, can you blame them for not getting Terra?

Read the original Red Tornado story? Red Tornado was a traitor to both the JSA and JLA! ...Until he wasn't. And same with Tomorrow Women. And Falcon. Heck every single super-hero team has a "Traitor turns good" story. Raven was literally the embodiment of malevolent evil forces and she got to be a good Titan.

So Terra being "evil" wasn't that big of a deal. At the end of the ark she'd turned good, date me... uhm I mean Beast Boy, and everything would be perfect.

Only Terra never turned good. She was pure bitchiness and evil through and through. There was never anything in the comics to suggest she had the capability to be good, but nerd hope springs eternal.

Who's this scrapper that everyone is talking about? Some sort of teen JLA-er who snaps his fingers?

That's how it went in the cartoon, where she was a LOT more sympathetic, to the point where she may as well have been a different character. In the comic, a possessed Deathstroke attacked her, and she just decided she'd kill HIM with the Titans, who she always hated, and just brought the entire damn building on them.

>Terra wasn't meant to be redeemable
>but the amoral killer for hire who was planning to kill the titans in the first place and slept woth an underage character is.

Cause she's evil.

Yes, Deathstroke was meant to be a complex character, even down to only taking the case out of family obligation.
Terra was a case of the writer saying "KITTY PRYDE SUCKS" and was as flat a character as that implies.

There is nothing "evil" about that. The guy was evil so she did what she had to do.

He was a hero to those of the misunderstood. A voice to the voiceless. He defended people such as Terra, Azula, and Harley Quinn because everyone was ganging up on them.

Wolfman had some weird ideas.I never liked how he always seemed to go out of the way to justify Deathstroke's actions.Even ignoring the Judas Contract, there was always some excuse for Deathstroke to look like a victim of circumstances.

Priest is doing a good job of showing that Deathstroke causes most of his own problems.

Oh, he definitely had some weird ideas, particularly the whole "Raven mind-controlled Wally into loving her, and we're supposed to not find that horrifying". But I can understand being frustrated that people miss the point of a character and going to extremes to make the point.